What about some real-time raid duels? / Live PVP Raids [MASTER]

Sounds more like chess than E&P to me … I always choose my opponent after carefully considering his tank and the way it’s heroes are positioned on the field, in order to match my available hero roster. I always stack colors against the tank. It’s called strategy, and just might bring you victory against a way stronger team if the tiles are right. Going in blind against unknown opposition, and hoping you will be the one with the better hero line-up just isn’t my style…

Not disputing your play strategy. That is pretty much common strategy.
It would just require a different strategy or a different way of thinking. Which is not wrong or bad, just different.

Also part of the fun to see if your hero choice is good or bad… and how they work out.

Also because u would be facing a person, not AI, you could choose who to hit with a special, like mana drain for instance. Where AI might choose someone ’ not important’.

All these choices and potentials are , for me, what would kep it more interesting.

There is a post about this. But glad to see more want this to happen.
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/live-real-time-pvp/49541/2

I for one am with this idea. It would make to game more interesting to not know off hand how the battle will go. Win or lose to me it would make no difference. I would have fun again. Now I just play cause I’ve already invested money so dont wanna lose what I already have. So be thrilled at a battle system that can top either way is exciting to me. I would be willing to start investing again if game engine on this was done properly. I believe this way ppl would really see how team synergy comes together depending on who is playing next to who in the team especially when there is no guarantee on the board.

1 Like

Moderator’s Note

The posts above are merged in from Player vs Player

Due to the timing of the merge, they are not in chronological order with the rest of the thread.

Another note like this is present above the merged posts.

Normal discussion can resume now below, making use of ideas from the entire thread. Thansk! :slight_smile:

All set, thanks! :heart_decoration:

There is no need to have an unknown opponent.

Before a match starting, there could be a pick selection phase. Player 1 picks one hero. Player 2, seeing what was player 1’s selection, picks two heroes. Then player 1 picks two heroes seeing player 2’s selection. And so on.

Hi!

In raids, there is an online attacker fighting against a defense team controlled by AI.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have something where you can really fight against other humans?

I know that it would be complicated to handle (and to implement), but here is my proposal which could be realizable:

A new live arena will be introduced where people can meet and challenge each other when they are online. Maybe the stake is an amount of iron and food in relation to the team power. When a weaker team wins against a stronger one, it will get more than the other way around. Or you can play for XP. Or something else.

When you challenge an opponent and he accepts, the fight begins. Maybe with a timer, so that no one can just pause the fight. Both opponents get a certain amount of time which is handled like a chess clock. When it’s your move, your time is running and the other time stands still.
Maybe you can agree with your opponent how much time both should have. Like blitz chess. So you can have different categories. E.g. both players have 3 mins total or 5 mins total and so on.

If your connection breaks its like hitting the flee button and you have lost. So that no one can just cut the connection on purpose when loosing.

I think that it would be much fun to play against a real human player without any AI involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Further, you can select which arena “level” to enter, i.e. I want to fight at 2500 - 2750 range team power or at 3500 - 3800 range, etc…Simply make yourself available or look for other players who are “ready to battle” at that range. Neither of you can see each other’s heroes, I guess the idea is to go in with the most dynamic or strongest heroes at that range you have and rely on skill thereafter… Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for it… lol
It sounds so promising and exiting…Up the fun factor a few notches !!!

ALSO, other possible purse (maybe even have 3 options to give players the chance to choose what they want to fight for?):

• Ascension mats (i.e. I bet a 2 shields against 1 Damascus Blade, etc…)
  • Gems
  • Food
  • Iron
  • Energies (World Energy, Raid Energy, Alliance Energy)
  • Cups

Thank you very much for participating in the forum and suggestion ideas to improve your enjoyment of the game.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

No.

My other F2P MMO “BoH” decided to go the live route. Except for people spamming spam flags, I would link to several BoH forum posts and all the ways this goes wrong:

-match making taking longer than 20 minutes
-match making between trophy 3000 players and trophy 30 players because no one else is available
-Players entering live PvP with all trainer heroes
-Players manipulating which opponent pool they compete in
-this discriminates against players not in the time zone of the majority of the player base ( Example if most of the players are based in the US )
-this discriminates against players not able to play on weekends
-this discriminates against players who cannot play during breaks in school for the majority of the player base that is in school ( Example if most of the live PvP players are based in the US school system )
-live pvp is hurt by cycles of active players and temporarily inactive players between major updates

You cannot use hams to skip live PvP opponents because there are a limited number of players live, in the PvP area, and in your trophy range. This leads to Zero being matched with a 30 trophy account after 20 minutes of searching, pissing off both Zero and his opponent. If you think people hate match making now, oh boy, have you not seen anything yet.

This is a no brainer, a mix of alliance wars and raids. Basically a new matchmaking system that matches you up with a player in your cup range and you see each others moves and what specials you use. I think everyone would like to see how their defence team plays out, and overall this would be an amazing addition

It would be great to have this. Tricky to implement, but great fun!

1 Like

Just my opinion though, the Devs May disagree.

2 Likes

As this game has hundreds of thousands or millions of players, the waiting times would be at most seconds, not minutes. It would be a problem only for the top players (whatever “top” is, there are fewer of them). The top players would either have to be matched with not-so-top players or wait more for an opponent. But depending on rewards this live PvP could also require both players to accept the fight, and in that case if two top players want to fight they could just talk to wait in live PvP at the same time.

I think the top players would have he shortest wait times since they are the most active

Yes, that would help them with the wait times, though it might not be enough.
Little exercise: around global rank #90 there are about 2 players in 1 cup interval (from top player rankings), while around 1700 cups there are 240 players in 1 cup interval (I went from 1688 cups - rank #129696 to 1728 cups = rank #120069). In the 1700 cups range there are many who left the game long ago, and the players in general are much less active than in top 100, but still 2 vs. 240 – there are few at the top. :slight_smile:
OTOH, there’s no need to match top 100 players between them, might be quite safe to match them with top 1000 (and around rank #1000 there are 20 players in 1 cup interval).

Saw this in a other game and was generally fancy and worked well.

You just go to the live arena and search for a opponent on the list or oppens your own arena, so others can find you.

Or why not impliment a button on every users profile. Button is grey, when someone is not online or don‘t want a challenge (you need a option to disable the button then) . Button is blue when the other is on, or wanna fight. If someone challenges you, a pop up come up, if you want to accept or decline the challenge.

In peer support, ppl often ask for help, how to arrange they def - team. This would be a great idea, to test out the changes :+1:

1 Like

I was going to start a thread on this, but it’s pretty well covered!

Perhaps one question that’s no covered - the most straightforward option would be for each player to have a separate board - but could it work to top and tail the same board?

Tiles would slide up and down depending on who’s turn it was. It would lead to an extra bit of thought into your turn as you seek to maximize attack AND prevent leaving an easy hit for the opponent.

Think this is something that could nice to have in this game.

It could be something like you need to queue up for, to find an opponent, and when there is match found have to accept.
Then we have 1min to set a team, and the match start. We will have our own board, board sharing could maybe also bring a twist, 30 sec to make a move or else no move. (turn pass) And after x turns there will tier break to help end the match.

That really wouldn’t be so bad atleast we’d have some sort of defense for our trophies we work so hard for, maybe the devs could think something up for putting it into the game at some point

I think it would be a lot of fun to allow intra-alliance raiding using the current mechanics.

What @TKristensen proposes is not that, but a completely different mechanic where both players are playing as offense, each with a distinct board. This proposed version might be fun, but it is completely different from current game mechanics and would not inform you about how your raid offense/defense is working.

1 Like