What About Alfrike?

You’re absolutely correct, of course.

I think most (all?) players would be of the same mind that stale metas do nothing to enhance the experience in game, but what to do about it?

Sadly, the die seems well and truly cast now in terms of power creep and op tank cards, so buckle in for the ride, i guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Their opponent have 5 out of 30 Alfrikkkkke tanks because they were trying something new to try and see if this could surprise them and throw them off. Otherwise they would be running 30 Alfs themselves.

Back to the original point of the post - they nerfed Xnol because at the top, (and we are talking top 5 alliances in AS) everyone was running the same Xnol defence. This thread was really to call out their hypocrisy since Alf has been around longer, and dominating rush meta longer yet no nerf.

Unless they introduce a cap on number of defences that can run ‘X’ hero, top alliances will always try and set uniform defences as this has been proven to be the best strategy as it prevents opponents from cherry picking ‘weaker’ defences

1 Like

Everyone keeps saying this.

I actually have an Alfrike, one of the few allegedly “good” heroes I have.

Rush wars? I’m a free point buffet for everyone. My Alfrike doesn’t stop a gentle breeze. I get one-shot constantly. Not occasionally. Constantly.

My defense actually seems better in non-Rush wars than in Rush wars. I keep checking my Alfrike to see if my copy secretly is marked “when defending at any speed other than Very Slow, destroys all heroes on own side, including herself.”

I can’t wait to finish c2Obakan sometime in the next two years so I can pretty much retire Alfrike forever.

But sure, nerf away, because it will change so much (read: nothing, other than a mass pivot to a more modern, OP slower hero) about a single format of war and tournaments, rather than addressing the accelerating unbalancing of the entire game.

2 Likes

As I understand the theme of this thread, you’ve actually hit the nail squarely on the head there.

That any given hero reaches saturation point in any given aspect of the game is surely a point of concern. SG releasing cards that are deemed massively superior to everything that has gone before cannot be healthy for the game.

Of course, cards do have to be stronger to some degree, but surely not to where entire chunks of the player base jump all over it and max it asap.

Just my 2 cents though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bet they’ll just nerf Kalo again because a 4* has had the audacity to show its face in a top-level war

My criteria?

Look around, I call Alfrike balanced in the forum.

You seem to be confused what this thread is about. Not my criteria…
SG’s criteria.

You want to say because war has different types that saturations are ok. Your criteria for balance is debatable. But not according to SG.
According to them, your just wrong

You seem to be misinterpreting SG’s criteria. It’s that the hero saturates the PvP top alliance wars. You consider being used 20% of the wars saturating alliance wars? It’s pretty obvious there’s a difference between 80% (Xnolphod) and 20% (Alfrike).

Id say asking any player to be Nerfed is such a bad thing for the community.

Yes there are players that dont like facing certain heroes or they feel they are OP. Some heroes are just better than others. Some heroes work better in synergy with others. Not one hero makes or breaks this game.

However the point is not to nerf any hero. The outrage should be to buff heroes to make them relevant.

Its funny that players that will ask for a nerf will be the same players that complain when it actually happens.

The game base is dying because of nerfs. They can throw money grabs all day, but you consciously make the choice to buy or not. What should never happen is someone pays for a product that then is diminished by a nerf. That is wasted money, wasted mats, etc. On a hero that was nerfed that no longer is viable.

If you ask for a nerf on a hero i would hope that ypu look at your roater and pick ypur best hero you have Maxxed and say yes they can nerf this hero and not refund me anything and i will be ok with it. Otherwise stop asking for nerfs… demand buffs to non relevant heroes in current form not a costume you need to pull for again.

And SG the more you nerf the more that retire. By % on RT we can tell the player base is dwindling.
Id suggest not nerfing and if for some reason there is a nerf… start paying back the mats and ham it cost to get that hero maxxed. A few EHT would probably help as well since everyone knows we didnt just get lucky and pull an OP hero in one pull.

1 Like

SG didn’t blur the lines. Why are you?

For Rush… it’s 100% Alfrike.

For Nearly 3 Years now…

One third the amount of time that other saturations have been allowed.
Considering C.rampus… this particular saturation at "top-level…alliance war"
Infinitely longer! Every time rush rolls around, a great many yawn, and prepare for yet… another stale round of trying to not fall asleep during…
WAR

I don’t think that you are unable to spot the hypocrisy.

Just ignoring it for some other reason.

I haven’t added my thoughts. Just enjoying the OP’s take. But personally I don’t agree with the nerphs. Which leaves a more powerful replacement (where are the Season 4 & 5 Very Slow heroes at?!?), an adjustment to Rush, or new form of balance.

Of those three options, the one I like is the latter. The one we will get, however… will be the first.

Have fun with that

I can only assume that one (or more) of the following is true:

1. Poster has Alfrikkkkke and doesn’t want her to be nerphed
  2. Poster enjoys an all Alfreaky meta too much. May also enjoy watching paint dry or self flagellation but that is speculation
  3. Poster does not understand English and you need to translate your post into 50 different languages
  4. Poster enjoys posting repeatedly to ensure this topic stays at the top, thus garnering SG’s attention and get us to the inevitable nerph of Alfrikkkkkkee. Kappa.

I suggest the Alfrikke nerf is timed the week before double costume Quintus is released. Just to ensure metagame diversity. This will give people time to pull for Alf in the next S3 portal and enjoy her for a bit…

2 Likes

I would further recommend that Alfrike be featured 3 days before!

2 Likes

You are the one blurring the lines. SG didn’t specify that Xnolphod was only being used in a specific war rule and needs to be nerfed. Don’t even bring up cKrampus as it was a footnote. You basically saw Christmas defenses rise for a few months and then died on the vine. But it was obvious on that one as Christmas heroes are a lot easier to get so it wasn’t just whales who could get them.

You’re asking where the VSlow heroes are at? Nowhere because generally no one would use them outside of rush. So we don’t see them. If you’re looking for a replacement for Alfrike, then maybe you should be pushing for a Boss Wolf buff as he’s a VSlow purple.

And no, I don’t have Alfrike and don’t really care if she gets nerfed. The point is that you are actually supporting SG in releasing new heroes for people to chase. So they come out with another purple VSlow hero that takes Alfrike’s place. In one year, are you going to say nerf or demand that SG makes a new purple hero because you’re fed up with them?

3 Likes

Balance!!! stop talking about nerfs. Alfrike only shines in VF … if you didnt know sg only nerfs Defemce units that shine in top 100 … not vf wars

You’re absolutely right and it’s fruitless to even try to use reason and logic with that one. He will simply go in circles while contradicting himself.

1 Like

I don’t know, I mean I thought just pointing out that 80% is bigger than 20% was sufficient when you’re trying to compare saturation.

Under normal circumstances, it would be. Some people are beyond that. Also, it’s only 80/20 in alliance wars. The difference is even more noticeable when you take the entire game in consideration. Then it’s more like 95/5 split

:point_up_2: I’m guessing you pulled another 6-0?

I had to clean up a couple misses chilling with Razor. But to be fair, I quit spending long before you did! And timed out after falling asleep once… The 3-year-old saturation is not very good programming… :yawning_face::sleeping:

Still pulled a win with my dilapidated old roster.
Felt like a horrible waste of time.

Maybe SG should wait another long year before addressing this saturation that feels like:

I wonder how the statement will read?
Honestly…
they could just copypasta the last one

But with that logik, they nerphed Spoopy Tree based on their ‘metrics’ as he was overperforming in 3* rush tournament.
And that is probably 1% of the game….

1 Like

I have stopped playing at top level for the very reason that it is monotonous. Alliances like 7DD and TK just suck the fun out of wars by posting 30 of the same defences. Doesn’t matter what tank is good or not.
I am now playing in a casual alliance so I can enjoy more er…. Metagame diversity and use all those heroes like snow poop and salmon loki i would never use in top level wars.

2 Likes

Damn…
that’s a big hit…!

I thought it was deeply respectful that you were chosen first for the interviews:

And have always enjoyed your sense of humor.
I get it!

On the other hand, however…
Congratulations on stepping towards something more meaningful and productive!