We're All Mad About Somethin

You’re right, I should probably just shut up once I’ve stated my peace.

I don’t ever expect everyone to agree with my opinions, I just want to make sure they fully understand my point of view, instead of just waving me off like I’m an imbecile who has no clue what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong - I enjoy the beta threads too. But that doesn’t discount the fact that eliminating them entirely would curtail negative/uncivil comments. Partly because there’d be less threads in the forum; partly because, as you alluded to, expectations often exceed reality.

1 Like

Well @Rigs you made one well written, on point post by opening this thread, thanks. And thanks to all who have posted here supporting that idea, even the guy that came in pointing a finger ‘cause most of us need to look in the mirror with open eyes when asking others to change their ways. That was a good reminder if read in the proper frame of mind.

I’m sure that I’ve missed out on some good thoughts that are buried in the thousands of posts on the subject and that’s unfortunate. Thanks to all of the negative posts some otherwise well thought out statements will be lost in the ether.

I’m still avoiding those long “discussions” but look forward to the updates from beta. Be well and treat each other as if they were your best friend.

10 Likes

Every time you point at someone there are 3 fingers pointing back to yourself.

4 Likes

RE: all the hate and such and complaints about snarky comments and tiring overstated opinions.

This has essentially been my experience here.

26 Likes

I wouldn’t have said it better ! Though in a social experiment type of view I’d say the current situation on the forum is a pretty good illustration of a lot of society’s issues.

Disagreements turn into a full on conflict with opposite camps throwing away any objectivity and consideration for their “opponents” very quickly.

Unfortunately I don’t see that changing anytime soon, be it on this forum or anywhere else

7 Likes

Civil debate seems to have become a thing of the past :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I’m just glad the convo has gone well thus far.

One of my thoughts upon typing it was this could potentially turn into another :poop: show and a bunch of finger pointing but went ahead with it anyways

So far so good. Sure there was the one guy that pointed out the flaws of my ways, but i openly admitted those in the OP so it’s not something i wasnt already aware of and not something I’ve ever been unaware of. I speak my mind more than i should, i say that all the time and it applies to both this forum and real life. Work in progress though and putting more effort towards finding the right places to do that and the right ones to filter up a bit and think more before just speaking off the cuff.

4 Likes

Sounds like @Rigs is getting nerfed.
I use to enjoy the snarky and argumentative posts. But I got burnt out with the JF threads and now the nerfing hate.

I hope the forum returns to its previous level of civility.

14 Likes

NO! HOW DARE YOU!

Hmph.

:imp:

1 Like

JFK with the elemental link

6 Likes

So they shot him. Of course.

3 Likes

F… - out of likes :hugs:

2 Likes

In all honesty I am guilty of putting my foot in mouth plenty of times. Sometimes I just don’t realize how what I say or write is taken. Its never meant to harm anyone though. That being said . One thing to consider is that negativity begets negativity. Once that first negative comment is made it makes it easier for the next poster to make a negative comment. So the place to start would be with the first negative response to someone’s post

3 Likes

I love the game wholeheartedly and would never put anyone down because of varying opinion. Bigs up to you guys for being mature. It’s only a game and it should be a source of enjoyment for us no matter how little.

3 Likes

TLDR?

20lolsandprobably20more

If @Disposable, @sleepyhead, or @TGW doesn’t change this image and post it in the meme thread then something is gravely wrong with this world and I don’t wish to go on. Lol

1 Like

I got this

8 Likes

I’m mad about people who spell something with neither the “g” or apostrophe at the end – totally kidding; seriously, totally kidding.

I second the actual sentiment of this post. I play the game for fun, and I read the forum because I want it to enhance my game if not my mood – all the moaning serves neither end.

Do I like it when I get consecutive bad boards? Do I like it when I chase Gravemaker in the last AR unsuccessfully? Am I happy that two players in my defense are rebalanced? Am I happy that the other player that could have been rebalanced but is missing from my roster was not? Of course not, but I don’t think any of you want to hear me bellyache about it (and I guess I just did bellyache about it).

I appreciate all of the many folks who post with positivity, if not humor.

I, for one, vow to stay positive, exhaust my likes, and never make it personal. Seriously @Rigs , I was kidding about the “g.”

4 Likes

That’s a solid point Rachel (long time btw). I’m trying to respond to some of those negative comments in a more positive light while also trying to make my own posts more positive, or at the very least, factual and/or neutral.

I’ll keeping complaining private or amongst my ally-mates.

1 Like