Welcome our new moderators!

This has been asked before, but why are they not paid? It’s not like the company is short on cash, and the moderators are not impartial anyway (even if they don’t realize it).

1 Like

Congratulations :beers::beers: to all of you who like to share and help with good ideas, thank you for taking the time to respond and help with the doubts, I just continue in this game for having friends like you from this forum that inspires me today, I would have given up if not for You warrior friends! :fist_right::fist_left:

I will always be grateful

sorry about my English :grin:

2 Likes

Congratz to you both! At first I read that as JonahtheBeard but Bard makes much more sense for you!

2 Likes

If this were a paid gig, I wouldn’t be interested. It’d be a job, and it would be one more task on my plate. Instead it’s something I can contribute to a community I care about, with the flexibility to spend what time I have available.

To be clear, there ARE professionals at SGG that monitor the boards. The volunteer mods are just another layer of support.

14 Likes

Two new people to make excuses for the greed and lack of concern for the customers. Hope they treat you better than they treat us cash cows!

Congratulations and best wishes for this …(fill in appropriate word) task, @Kerridoc and @JonahTheBard!

And also congrats to @Rook and @Coppersky - now you have some much needed help!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Kerridoc and @JonahTheBard!
Thank you in advance to trying to keep the bunch of monkeys controlled a little bit!

runs back to find a banana he can throw around a bit

6 Likes

Totally agree.

I compare volunteer mods to people carrying around fire extinguishers. For a huge fire you call the fire emergency number ( stopping report flag abuse/ forum behavior requiring banning ). For tiny fires a volunteer can extinguish it before it becomes a big fire ( reversing flags/ chilling conversations/ organizing posts ).

Volunteers are especially helpful for night hours and general organizing ( forums have a lot of clutter and replies quickly go off topic ).

As for pay. Ugh. My MMO BoH only has a single Dev left after near bankruptcy so they started paying mods. The fighting among mods over pay was ridiculous ( I deserve more than X, Y didn’t mod at all in English chat, Z silenced a player and started a player vs mod flame war that lasted two weeks in PvP Chat , etc.)

Volunteer mods are paid in praise and taxed in grief. The pay is too low and the taxes too high!

5 Likes

If I may, I vaguely remember volunteering for another company (which shall here remain nameless) many years ago and had no where near the amicable relationship we do here.

SG has always been great, fellow mods have always been great, fellow players have also been great! I love volunteering here.

Thank goodness it’s not a zoo! Lol :grin:

9 Likes

Congratulations @Kerridoc.
You deserve the best.

I just hope your new responsibility as the forum moderator… doesn’t take you away from what you do best… from what we used to know about you.

Congratulations to you as well, @JonahTheBard.

Congratulations to E&P community for having you both.

Good luck.

P.S.
Kerridoc? Your avatar as a moderator, will it be Wilbur?

Please?!

3 Likes

Great choices, good luck @Kerridoc and our very own @JonahTheBard :):grin:

4 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive. :wink:

9 Likes

You can, and have, contributed to the community without being a moderator. What you can do now is better help a company that has revenues of more than 100 mil. USD / year (guessing, from an older article) while refusing payment.

Congrats then for becoming a moderator! :slight_smile:

I’m speechless.
Hugs!

2 Likes

@JonahTheBard, my friend! @Duaneski just told me the news of your most illustrious promotion! Congratulations to you. I shall tag you in all my complaints… just kidding. I never complain :smiley:

2 Likes

I obviously knew you weren’t a girl @JonahTheBard. But I relate to this because @Duaneski rolled with a Lianna avatar for so long I’d watch him get hit on in our alliances… awkward turtle.

3 Likes

Always love hearing from you guys.

I have switched in game too, which threw of few allies momentarily :grin:

Just the game related ones please; you’re on your own with relationship stuff. You can’t blame the summon gate for that pull :wink:

4 Likes

wtg on leveling you two!

:smiley:

3 Likes

Big huge congratulations, @Kerridoc and @JonahTheBard!

3 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes