Weird War Strategy

If that’s meant for me, even if you multiply it by 10, I’m not sure it makes more sense.

20 flags to get 10 kills on the monsters and 70 flags to get 60 kills on the twenty weak opponents in the first half.

90 flags to get 40 kills on the twenty weak opponents in the second half.

That’s a very weird distribution.

Interesting discussion…lets all keep it civil ok?

1 Like

You know you like helping people @Scarecrow, and we were all noobs once upon a time, although we’re all trying to understand the intricacies of this game, so more questions please after you’ve searched the forum for relevant threads :smile:.

IMHO, any strategy that builds comradearie, improves communication and is fun, is a total success. Each to their own - what works for some, might not work for others. I believe the OP was looking for opinions on war strategy :smile:.

Tournament defense still 100%

5 Likes

Thinking your alliance already won the war with 2 hours left to play is wrong. You only have you and your alliance to blame for the defeat.
I agree it’s a great tactics that require a good co-ordination. Catching your opponents off guard when they already start celebrating the win and probably discussing the chest loot box…lol.

In alliance war, there is only one rule ; use all war flags, regardless of time.

6 Likes

It wasn’t. I was referring to the OP strategy that this thread is supposed to be about.

In other threads it has been explained that this is a workable strategy and many alliances use it. Mine doesn’t because we can’t co-ordinate like that. We are too spread out worldwide and on at different times of the day. We also are a casual alliance. For instance, during the weekday AW I use all my flags in what is for me Wednesday evening, at what would be roughly 15-16 hour mark. If I don’t I would miss using them at all. The war starts just as I am groggily getting ready to head out for work and is pretty much done when I groggily wake up next morning.

We have often faced alliances that do this strategy. Last war I thought we were, but they left 40-odd flags unused (even more than us!). Maybe they just gave up. We have lost to it and we have won when they came up short at the end.

It is a workable strategy but like any is not foolproof.

4 Likes

What @Scarecrow is saying is that, in order to maximize points at war, you need to take down as many times it´s possible the weaker teams. But to do that, you need to start killing them right at the beginning of the war, otherwise you´re not going to be able to use the respawn timers (6h, then 8h, then 10h…) >>> check this thread Alliance War Strategy Guide

In our alliance, we take down 1/3 of the opponent´s teams (if we are 24 teams, take down the weakest 8, sometimes we are 27 fighting and then it´s the 9 weakest…) in the first hour, wait 6h for those teams to respawn and take them down again. They are going to respawn only 8h from now and that´s when we call the batlle open and every available opponent team can be targeted… We go for the reset of the board, and sometimes we can reset again if we´re facing same power alliances. So in the end we kill 4 or 5 times the weakest teams…

I´m pretty sure that we wouldn´t be able to make the same score if we all save our flags and use them in the last 2 hours… :thinking:

8 Likes

That is exactly what this OP strategy is about. Take out the weaker ones at the beginning, then at 6h, then again at 14h, then at end flip as many times as you can, then take out weaker ones one more time.

Wait, sorry I misread OP that they didn’t use ANY flags. My bad. That IS a bad strategy.

1 Like

With a good co-ordination, we may able to flipped the opponents twice or even thrice.
Lower tp members attack their equivalent opponents and monster tp members vs monster opponents. This way, the chances of beating the opponents is higher.
Besides last minutes rush attack, other tactic regularly used in AW was attacked as much as you can and get the highest scores possible. Let the opponents play catch up.

Regardless of the many tactics, and probably bad board, whoever used up all war flags stand a bigger chance to win.

I only came here to figure out how many wars @Scarecrow lost this year and sadly, I still have no idea. :rofl:

Arthur, this strategy you follow is basically the reverse opposite of what ***** tried to describe and failed miserably but way more sensible (duh) and less reliant on chance.

***** claimed that the smartest strategy is:

“Kill to Reset + Kill to respawn + Kill to Respawn + Kill to Respawn + Kill to end war”

(Do people see now the fatal flaw in his/her strategy that I asked if anyone else can spot? This “successful” general claimed to kill 5 times the same teams which is mathematically impossible, as your link can show for those who don’t believe me).

Instead of that impossible strategy, your alliance (and mine too btw) do:

“Kill to respawn + Kill to Respawn + Kill to Reset + Kill to end war”.

It’s a more flexible strategy that allows members to live their life more and it’s very efficient.

What the OP observed, is a team whose strategy instead is:

“Kill to reset + Kill to Reset + Kill to end war”.

When done right, this can be a very efficient and smart strategy. It’s not for everyone but good alliances can pull it off as long as their members are truly dedicated.

BTW, Napoleon won too many wars but he still wasn’t invincible.

2 Likes

Not read all, but seen someone saying he only lost 1 war in 2019 :thinking:
Is the strategy to make a new alliance under same name after every war chest filled to always have a low enough warscore to be dominant? :grin:

1 Like

Our international alliance loosely follows this strategy because we can never guarantee how many members are available at any given time. We always re-set their hoard twice and occassionaly three times.

We always start with the intention of taking out their weakest teams but if only strong players come online they don’t like to use their flags on teams better suited for our members with lower teams. In the first round, with members coming online at different times we always re-set the board.

In the second round we start watching to see when the weakest opponents will be reviving, as opposed to their stronger ones. We may or may not wait depending on the best strategy and who says they can come back later.

It’s a loosy-goosy approach but it works for us. No one feels pressured to wait or fight at certain times. We communicate very well and make decisions as we go. We are still winning more wars than losing and almost always use all our flags.

It may not be the “best” strategy but the best strategy is one that works for your members!

2 Likes

No Arthur got it exactly right. This is what scarecrow was attempting to say.

How? I have no idea what ***** was trying to say but if anything it was literally the opposite of what Arthur said.

Can you explain?

lowers take the lowers. they respawn medium take them out with there low team, higher takes higher if a clean up need lower or med cleans up

Hit the weak teams early and often with your weak teams, and use your big guns on the harder teams at the end along with the rest of your medium and weak teams flags to flip them as many times as you can. Its a strategy used by all the top alliances I’m familiar with - and it is exactly what he was describing.

1 Like

Arthur sure did but **** said literally the exact opposite, hit ALL, in the beginning, to reset the field first, and then hit ONLY the weak teams repeatedly as they respawn.

Read it again, please.

I agree, the initial reset is to allow you to hit the weak teams again…but that isnt using all your flags…its a single kill of the big guns to get the weak teams to respawn…its one way to get at the weak teams as often as possible. It’s not the opposite. It a means to maximize the weak team kills

The reset at the start of the war makes no sense. It makes the strategy mathematically impossible the way he described it, or highly inefficient.

To keep on with that same example he gave of two alliances with three players each, where the opponent has one strong team and two weak ones:

In hour 1, the alliance uses about 6 flags (2 to kill the strong team, + 2 to kill the two weak teams and reset the field, + 2 more to kill the two weak teams again a second time).

In hour 7 (+6 hours for the first respawn), the alliance uses the remaining 3 flags to kill the two weak teams again.

That means, by this time, the alliance has used ALL 9 flags allotted AND it has to get 7 victories with them to make the strategy work. (First flaw)

In hour 15 (+8 more hours for the second respawn), the alliance uses 3 more flags out of 9 (the replenished war energy), to kill the two weak teams again.

At this point, the alliance is bound to waste the remaining 6 flags because the third respawn will happen after 10 hours, by which time the war has long finished, and Napoleon literally said the strategy is to attack the strong team only once at the beginning of the war. (Second flaw)

You can draw your own conclusion about it as I’m now done with this nonsense. I get the feeling you’re sympathetic towards him and listen, I don’t know ****, he may well be a smart and nice person, but he honestly laid out the dumbest war strategy I’ve ever heard and acted like a Richard about it. Sorry, but like I said, either he has no clue, or he doesn’t know how to describe it.

To paraphrase someone, it doesn’t matter if you and your significant other are perfect, what matters is that you’re perfect together.

There is no one size fits all strategy that any alliance can adopt and make it work.

2 Likes