šŸ… Weekly Raid Tournaments ā€“ Post-Launch Feedback ā€“ Unfair Matches [dev response on post 476] and Scoring? Appropriate Difficulty? Loot Tiers? See thread for more topics

Just adding a data pointā€¦Attacked again this morning using all my flags. Highest I faced was 2600 and with each subsequent win the team I faced went DOWN in power.

I have yet to see anyone attack me.

Currently fielding a team coming close to 3500.

1 Like

I wonder if this could be pinned for all to see somehow. A lot of people of asked for a comment from SGG, and here it is. I personally appreciate the comment and acknowledgement of issues.

3 Likes

It seems like the defender pool for yesterday was the range of the 1000-2000 TP, and today seem more like 2000-2800 TP. Iā€™m guessing tomorow we will raid teams closer and above 3000 and we will face the strongest teams on the last day

Some scoringā€™s food for thoughtsā€¦

1 Like

An Idea for how to make this more enjoyable and fair for everybodyā€¦
For each attack there could be 3 different levels of defenders giving players the option to go for top spots or just to participate with a chance to win at their current level.
Payouts for tiers could be ranked for the best players of each tier giving more players the opportunity to get good rewards. [One main thing about this game that has stopped me from spending and being as proactive as I was is that I will never be able to compete at a fair level unless I spend thousands of dollars and even then there is no guarantee]

2 Likes

Yeap not funny tho seeing my post involved on this thread ,what i wanted to say is totally different from this general discussion ,here is a mess not sure why moderators decided to bring my post hereā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve added it to the top post of the thread, and the thread title has been updated to include mention of it.

Iā€™ve also altered the format of @Petriā€™s post to make it more visible to people scrolling.

2 Likes

Thank you @Petri

A thought on matching:
Perhaps all participants should be matched to defend before a team is matched to defend a second time. I donā€™t know what the matching process is but it appears that the higher powered teams are not being attacked at all and this seems problematic in a tournament where defending is going to be an important part of the score. The RNG matching still happens but the pool shrinks after each match is made, once all teams are matched once, it begins again (something to that effect, the way I described it would not work well since this is a global game and not everyone is active simultaneously)

2 Likes

Then why the game makes me fight opposing teams which grant me low points?

On the first day, ā€¦
Why Notix gets to fight 5 players each had 330 points, on average, while the game matched me with 5 players each had 260 points,on average?

On day 2, 3 and 4 , ā€¦
What happens if the game continues to give players of 330 to Notix and gives me players of 260 points?

Will Notixā€™s 6600 points = My 5200 points = 1% - 5% range?

Why not?

Pause

Thank you @Petri.

1 Like

How to make it more fair ,more funn and more balanced the Tournament ,this is my idea :slight_smile:
Day 1 : All players have to face exact 5 teams of different powers all automated ,giving same points .Now based on your attavks you will go the arena you belong .
Day 2 : After u enter on the arena u belong based on your pojnts earned first day ,u will face the other people there all giving same points .All people will have 5 flags and all defences will have same chances to appear so 5 flags for your attack and your defence 5 times ahould be attacked daily.
DAY 3 & DAY 4 will just be same as like Day 2 .
Ps: Loot tiers will be separated based on your Arena and inside that loot is separated in different percentages somehow like actual loot basing on your position on your Arena.

Itā€™s just pulling opponents in the pool at random. Player A gets 300 plus worth of points each attack; player B is unlucky and draws teams with sub 300 values.

Itā€™s all the randomness thatā€™s inherent in a matchmaking system with a huge pool of players and no way to easily separate into smaller pools because weā€™re limited in attacks and tine to do so.

So today for me: first attack against a 2452 team power for 248, second attack against a 2309 for 298. Randomness is ruling the day there with values.

Looking at day 2, Iā€™d also theorize that a certain point threshold/tier allows for harder match-ups to be possible (saw 2700ā€™s later today as my score grew), but the issues with that when daily defense grants a bonus are obvious if that is what is happening, and it just makes it possible to face a higher team, not a guarantee. Though my first attack tomorrow will be a 2900. So weā€™ll see, but this just is what it is for the next two days.

Deleted 20 characters

Then, please go back and read what you said over here in response to my question.

Ffffff!

Yeah, I love that the tournament counts toward the hero chestā€¦makes filling that so much easier!

3 Likes

@zephyr1 since u linked my first post i want to open a new thread based on this idea ,will my post be linked again here ?

Donā€™t quite follow. To recap:

You asked first if you were guaranteed 1-5 percentile if you went 20-0. I explained the variables as to why that wouldnā€™t happen.

Then you asked why did you get low point players and others didnā€™t. Re-read what I wrote: the pool is still too large because guess what? Most of those weak teams got 5-0 records as well and got points as well, staying with the good players. Yeah, thereā€™s some culling of the weak yesterday, but not as much as people would think. Today there will be more, but again, 2600, 2700, 2800 teams are probably getting their 5 wins to stay with everyone at 3500 along with a few of the weaker ones (2400, 2300, etc).

Once the pool shrinks, then your defense will get attacked. Then youā€™ll see some 3000ā€™s. But right now the pool is still too large by whatever metric (win loss, total points, etc). So right now, you could pull a 2900 to fight, but you could still pull a 2500.

Again, if we played this over a couple of weeks, then it would eventually wind up being 3500/3600 team power battling for the top, but there isnā€™t that kind of time/attacks to do that.

There is no grand conspiracy theory preventing anyone from advancing. Thereā€™s a large pool of players, math, and the RNG right now thatā€™s determining whatā€™s happening. Thatā€™s it.

Hopefully they figure it out, though this isnā€™t a system designed to benefit everyone even if they fix the matching.

3 Likes

Can someone confirm this:
If you lose 4 times when you attack, and do not pay the gems to continueā€¦

1. will your defense still get attacked?
  2. will your defense earn you points?

If you want to make a new thread in Ideas & Feature Requests with those specific suggestions about Raid Tournament matchmaking, go for it!

Yes you will still be attacked.

Yes you still get defense points at the end of each day.

First opponent today was easy, second was very hard (for me) and I lost, next three were moderately challenging. So Iā€™m at one loss and my team still hasnā€™t been attacked yet.