🏅 Weekly Raid Tournaments – Post-Launch Feedback – Unfair Matches [dev response on post 476] and Scoring? Appropriate Difficulty? Loot Tiers? See thread for more topics

+1
I pretty much have the same answers, at this time.

The new weekly raids look very well done and I’m looking forward to a few weeks of test-driving before providing a deeper assessment.

1 Like

I have changed my raid defense team about 10x today. I am loving the thought that this new raid challenge is forcing me to undertake. Giving value to heroes that prior to today had little value to me. Looking at an unleveled Colen, Skittles, the Li Xiu that I stopped at 3/60, etc. I’m very much looking forward to seeing how the challenge plays out, and can’t wait to see the future raid defense rules/limitations.

I long thought that the ability to divide normal raids into 3*/4*/5* classes would be fun. I like taking my 4150 team against a 4200, but I would also like to take my 3s against the 3s of other teams. I mean I have them… they’re just sitting on my bench awaiting the next challenge event. It’s nice to potentially have a reason to use them.

2 Likes

The tournament should be very fun and a new addition to the game for sure, but the loot is a joke.

Even if you manage to be between 10-25% your ascension mat drop is only 3%. Considering that its a one week prize, it may take up to 33 weeks to “guarantee” a 4* ascension mat. This considering that you always get to 10-25 or better. If you go to 25-50% you chance drops to 2% and now its 50 weeks.

Talking about emblems, 10-25% an get you a good amount on those, up to 20, with 25% chance, but if you are top 25-50% on tournament, you can only get 3-5 emblems, which is a normal lucky chest or a really bad rare titan, titan chest and so on.

Only a few selected people will be able to get something out from there, and for certain is not 4* ascending mats. You can get emblems, tokens and atlantis coins if you are 25% or below, but if you are 50% or more you get almost nothing.

1 Like

I find the loot to be more than good for a free weekly event. Just for comparison there was over 1.2 Million people that attempted the rare level of the most recent monthly event. If we had similar participation in this free weekly event over 120k people will get the loot from the top 10%. That’s a whole lot of additional loot coming into the game each week. Even if “only” 400k people register we are still talking 40,000 people in the top 10%

You can’t expect guaranteed 4* mats for everyone once a week. That is just to high of a drop rate

6 Likes

I think it’s rediculis that the items you get in the Raid tournament are the same items you receive in any province when farming. It’s bad enough when you fill a chest you get garbage, why do it in a tournament…makes no sense to me or others that I have spoke with. The gamers need to award us better ascention items, so that members don’t leave the game. This is just my opinion.

1 Like

this is just not true there is loads of loot in the rewards

1 Like

But 90% still would get nothing. Even if you are top 5%, you still only have 5% chance of a 4* ascension mat. The number is too low. A diamond raid chest you can pop almost 2 each day, in less than a month you get a 4* ascension mat. In the tournament raid you would need maybe close to a year or never.

1 Like

you get multiple rolls at 5%, and no way are you getting a 4* mat from 1 in 20 raid chests

3 Likes

that’s not accurate. At 5% tier you get 2 ascension mats. And again it is completely free to do. The rewards are absolutely worth it.

2 Likes

Titan is free, raids and normal chest is free, war is free… I should be glad I am not paying and shut my mouth?

More than 10% is just 1 draw and 3% chance. This would lead to 33 weeks till one single 4* item. I would need 6 to do something with it. Dont you think in 33 weeks, 8 months, you will get more than just 1 ascension mat in a diamond raid chest?

Why do you think its fair? I am bringin numbers, odds and comparing them, you are saying: I think its fair and good. Please try to show me why its good, I already saw your opinion and I dont agree.

1 Like

considering it is a new method of getting mats you don’t have today. Yes I think it’s great. 4* Mats are supposed to be extremely rare.

If this was replacing those other sources then it could be a problem.

2 Likes

@Loro @Kamikaze_Assassin @Peterenp You were having an interesting discussion about feedback on the Tournament Rewards, but it was strewn throughout the main thread, so I moved it here so it’d be more visible and easier to continue the conversation.

I’d love to hear more from all of you on this, I think it’s an important topic. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you thinks its fair for 40% of the people to get 1 single 4* ascension mat in 8-12 months. Ok.

Also if you are 50% or more in the tournament the chance is 0, you will NEVER get one. We dont know the odds but maybe even a 5* titan can give you a 4* ascension mat, and the tournament wont give you nothing.

Yes its totally fair. Keep up with the great analysis and reason for why you think its fair.

1 Like

@Loro It’s here too, look up one. :slight_smile:

Yes it is a tournament and if you can’t place toward the top you shouldn’t get 4* mats. You don’t like your rewards in a tier do better next time.

They absolutely shouldn’t be handing out 4* mats for just logging into the game.

3 Likes

Dude, if 50% of the people always get nothing, they will stop trying.
If they stop trying, the previously 50% will be now 100% and now your odds will dimish by a lot and everything else will be harder to get, until almost nobody is playing the tournament. Please, for the love of god just use your brain.

I am being toxic, but this had to be said. Please dont delete the post. I wont come here anymore, good luck developers, you have some great “only opinions and no data or any argument whatsoever”.

Zephyr, please really think about what I said and pass it on. I wont work for free and I will just leave the game if it fails, no big deal.

For comparison the monthly events pay out a total of 57 4* mats to at most 30 players and usually less as a few people manage multiple top 10 ranking.

This is going to pay out thousands of 4* mat every week for considerably less cost

5 Likes

The bottom 50% is not getting nothing and it won’t be the same people every time. Even if they quit playing it would be silly for them not to register and get the free stuff just for participating.

I also have no idea how you are coming up with the number of months you are estimating it is going to take to get a 4* mat. If someone manages to get a single 5% chance at a 4* mat once per week they are more likely than not to get a 4* within 14 weeks. Yes some will take longer and some will be much quicker.

3 Likes

This doesn’t happen in Challenge Events, presumably because the completion tier loot is worthwhile.

But that requires actually beating each tier — it’s not just a participation reward.

Presumably the equivalent in Raid Tournaments is meant to be achieving a baseline level of success, and landing in the top 50% or top 75% at least.

So if I understand correctly, your concern is players will give up and not even try to achieve that?

Can you say more about what you meant by you “won’t work for free?”

2 Likes

Yes, Its not fair not having any chance to get a 4* mat. I think even low star titans can give those. more than top 50% means half of the people wont get any real chance of getting anything meaningfull.

5% chance for a 3* mat.
50% chance for 1 emblem, opening monsters chest can give you 1-3 and you open like 14 a week. At least 7 raid ches.
70% chance for 1-2 atlantis coins. You would need 50 weeks for a summon, a whole year.

between 75-100% you get 1 emblem and that is it.

50% of the people competing wont get anything, close to nothing.

Really If i am consistently at 50% or more why Should I even try, why spend gems to be there? Totally not worht it. Its crystal clear its not worth it and people will stop trying or caring. Since its % based this will impact in the whole tournament experience.

Also, if you have not idea the exactly % you are at, I am at 49% or at 26% right now, should I spend or not? Maybe some people will gamble, but as soon as they realize its not worth it they will stop and this is going to be fast.

Also I wont work for free because I am not being paid to show the possibilites and fix the game for SGG. I like the game that is why I did this whole post, but I wont bother discussing. I got frustrated just by being on the forum.