Weekly Raid Tournament Feedback
The first of the Weekly Raid Tournaments is now LIVE!
For Discussion of Teams and Strategy, as well as a Guide for the first Raid Tournament, please visit: 🏅 [NOW LIVE!] First Weekly Raid Tournament! — FAQs, Teams, and Discussion
This thread is for discussion of feedback now that the first Weekly Raid Tournament has been released.
Dev Response to Initial Feedback
Some Possible Topics of Conversation
(Feel free to add more!)
Do you like the new Weekly Raid Tournaments? Why or why not?
Have the Weekly Raid Tournaments given you new priorities in your gameplay?
What do you think of the loot tiers?
How do you feel about the Tournaments by comparison to regular Raids?
Are the instructions provided in the game clear?
There was a lot of concern about early beta versions that included a registration fee — that feedback was heard, and addressed with the removal of the registration fee. Do you feel SGG did a good job addressing those concerns with the new system?
Do you feel the new system reasonably balances accessibility and rewards for F2P/C2P players with a reasonable advantage for players who choose to pay gems to continue playing after losing all of their lives?
A frequent criticism of Challenge Events is that the loot tiers reward the same top players over and over, and that frequent repetition of stages is the only way to achieve high scores. Raid Tournaments use a percentage tier system, so the number of players in each loot tier varies depending on number of participants. And everyone gets the same maximum number of flags. Do you think this addresses issues of fairness in competition, or does it fall short?
A frequent criticism of Regular Raids is a mismatching of team power due to cup dropping and varying player benches that nonetheless get matched up because their trophies are within +/-300 of each other. Depending on the restrictions of the week, Raid Tournaments can potentially create a more even playing field. Do you think this is effective? Do you like this? Does this affect you positively or negatively?
Regular Raids allow re-rolling, which helps players elect to skip matches they find unfair or too challenging. Raid Tournaments don’t allow re-rolling, but have teams that are more comparable due to the weekly rules/restrictions. Do you think that works well? Is it fair? Is this system more or less fair than Regular Raids?
Other Related Threads
- 🏅 [NOW LIVE!] First Weekly Raid Tournament! — FAQs, Teams, and Discussion
- Is your Day 1 score 1302? This thread is collecting observations from people who all have that score. 1302 post screen shot if this is your current score for the First Weekly Raid Tournament
- Official Release Notes: Version 20 Release Notes
- Discussion of Release Notes: 🗯 Version 20 Released - What's your opinion about the upcoming changes?
- Answers to some questions before this thread existed: Raid Tournament - Understanding the Rules and Requirements
- Recommendations and discussions about leveling priorities for Raid Tournaments: Raid Tournament Preview – Planning Leveling Priorities & Strategy in Anticipation of Release
- (Old) Discussion about possible ideas before Raid Tournaments started beta development: Weekly Challenge Raids - Ideas for Devs (Pre-Release)