šŸ… Weekly Raid Tournaments ā€“ Post-Launch Feedback ā€“ Unfair Matches [dev response on post 476] and Scoring? Appropriate Difficulty? Loot Tiers? See thread for more topics

Glad to see Iā€™m not the only one who squashed his opponents. To be fair, everyone here is going to be an outlier due to self selecting bias, but still.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love hideously unfair fights in my favor, but by the end I switched to 2-2-1, had some bad boards, but still felt like I was fighting day old kittens. It was kinda sad.

Answerā€¦

No.
Not inside the game nor outside the game (forum) ā€¦ they were/are.

1 Like

Naturally, while everyone else seems to have faced all easy teams, Iā€™ve gotten to face two teams with a higher power rating than mine. Yet, they were worth less points than the three easier ones. Seems like difficulty scoring should follow one of two paths: 1) take team power into account with modifiers for win-loss or 2) give all teams a fixed difficulty on day one, then modify every 24 hours based on W-L. The second options allows for gathering sufficient data to rate each team.

If I somehow can stay in the top 50%, I will be pleased, but the scoring is somewhat confusing.

2 Likes

Everything single one of my opponents was 600-800 MORE power than me. It was a hopeless cause.

I didnā€™t face one reasonable opponent and didnā€™t earn a single point in the tournament.

This was sooooooo unfair itā€™s not even funny.

3 Likes

It seems the score you can gain is based purely on the difference in score that you have and the score your opponent has. I just rolled my first opponent for tomorrow, and itā€™s actually a pretty decent team, but he hasnā€™t played yet so his score is 0, so I can only gain 229 scoreā€¦ Hopefully heā€™ll use his flags today so I can get more scoreā€¦ Seems litke the scoring is indeed a bit confusingā€¦

CALM DOWN, I HAVE A POTENTIAL EXPLANATION!

I read a theory somewhere on this forum, that it may actually be INTENTIONAL that everyone gets matched with the lowest TP defenses pool on day 1. Then, as the days progress, we would be matched against gradually stronger opponents, introducing some kind of ordering into otherwise wildly unfair battles where weaker players could be kicked off from the tournament on day 1 only by unfortunate roll of a maxed 4* opponent to fight against. Weaker players would gradually fall off the contest as the days progress into higher TP defenses pool. And this way, no tier 2 player would accidentally lose the tournament on day 1 by unfortunate roll of four tier 1 opponents, while tier 3 player could luckily survive till day 5 only because they random tier 5 opponents.

That would also explain why so many good defenses were not attacked yet.

Has anyone with maxed 4* defense been attacked already? Has anyone been matched with a stronger team (TP 3000+), or are the all fights against weaklings so far?

It is definitely too strange, and also seeing noone from the staff posting anything on that topic yet, makes me believe this is working as intended.

2 Likes

I have not faced a 3000+ team, but I have faced two 2500+ teams while I am around 2400.

1 Like

We need the ability to reroll on this tournament! With the exception of the first battle I took underpowered teams in and it made no difference especially the last battle! Whatā€™s the point of a leader boards if the points you receive are luck based?

Maybe see how it goes for the whole duration of the tournament before we start drawing conclusions?

I had overly easy matches too so eager to see what happens tomorrow and the next couple of days.

3 Likes

There is no need to wait! Itā€™s already happened! The teams I faced and points I received were luck based! Nothing can change that!

Iā€™m putting that on my dogā€™s tombstone. Unless you want to use it??

1 Like

I fought early and was served up five newbies, I felt badly for them and a bit frustrated to see that placed in 25%-50% range.

No attacks on my defense team as of pixel time.

Early hours of the first day. Kinks will get worked out of the system. In the mean time there has been a lot of buildup and emotion invested so it all feels more intense today than it will on Sunday (right?).

LOVE the loot rewards based on percentiles. As the game has grown the events are becoming harder and harder to scrape into a decent loot tier (yes, I placed better with weaker teams, running hard to move backwards), the percentiles compensate for growth in the player base, I support that.

Rules seem clear to me but Iā€™ve been reading the boards ahead of time so was prepared. I believe it would have been clear even without that (my alliance hasnā€™t been raising concerns).

Lol. Go for it. Glad I could help :joy:

1 Like

Agreed would be nice to see something similar for titans!

It dont matter I could win every battle and still finish outside the top 1%

I really like the loot simulation that shows the possible loot and probabilities of each tier. I think this feature should be included in more aspects of the gameā€¦titan, wars, wanted mission chest, shop, etcā€¦ I like the clarity for the probabilities of success given your performance. I think we should all understand the risk. This would actually be really cool for Hero Summons! Could you imagine watching potential 10 pulls of what you might get!? ā€¦thatā€¦wouldā€¦beā€¦AWESOME!

Pleaseā€¦ this thread is convoluted with too many pages and off-shoots of information that I donā€™t care aboutā€¦

What I do care about, however, is being in a so-called tournamentā€¦ that I am unable to actually compete in! Iā€™ve won all 5 of my raids and am getting smokedā€¦

Lots of people are complaining about this:

But their threads are quickly locked and stuffed away in this messā€¦

Can mod pleaseā€¦ stop stuffing EVERYTHING that is raid tournament into one ridiculous thread?!

There are many people right now who have performed perfectly in this tournament but, with seemingly random assigned enemiesā€¦ we have NO CONTROL over our ability to develop points and compete!

3 Likes

If I made the matching algorithm, Iā€™d make it so that people in the top 1% would only face people in the top 1% on the second round, and people in 1-5% would only face people in 1-5% etc. That way the results on the first day wouldnā€™t matter much and the strongest teams will end up on top either way.

1 Like

Saying more - our well developed defence teams stucks and s**cks on default C rank because no one attack us.

well, assuming that Iā€™m in 50% now with my 1302 - Iā€™ll face no profit newbies till the end?
And newbies in 1% will face each other and win the tournament?

1 Like