We need serious re-balance!

Heyo

I’m a middle experienced player in terms of E&P society and this is not the first time I’m gonna raise this topic. In the past months we have witnessed enormous expansion of game events and heroes. It is a great thing as it keeps the society and goals alive. New heroes, new skills makes us revise our tactics, our portfolio in order to tackle new tactics and teams.

In all of this it is of course impossible to have all of the benefits on hand without supporting the game. I understand that. But the gap between supporters and standard community players is getting bigger and bigger with all of the new improvements. I know a standard player cannot and should not have same benefits as p2w players but there is a growing frustration even among players who are making purchases. The base structures are still not able to catch up for all of the heroes that we introduced to the game therefore I wanted to share 3 ideas to make player base more interested in competition again:

1. Adjust lvl 20 training camps so if a player finishes season 2, 3, 4 on lvl hard it opens option to summon/train lvl 3*/4*/5* heroes in that camp using current training options with same odd levels.

2. Introduce silver tokens in 4* and 5* draws in summon portal with strongly reduced chances of a summon (e.g. 0.1% chance for 5*). To be active during yearly events like Easter, Summer, Halloween, Christmas. That would also make players plan better between Path of Valor and Heroes summon chance.
    Today silver tokens = total crap used for path of Valor only.

3. Increase chances of unique 5* summon for level 10 hero academy. Even with 25% it is only s2 heroes and past hotm and past events heroes so it will not destroy advantage of p2w players and life is not long enough to get all interesting 5*. Not to mention ascension items - they are also scarce.
    Also consider introduction of all seasons heroes if player finished the level hard of a season.

I wanted to share these 3 ideas so maybe at some day - community of our alliance will say - our voice was heard. So that we start to invest in game to get the missing ascension materials.

Re-balance is a must either You will start to loose the f2p players even more.

b.regards
McAdal

Although I am not quite sure about the exact mechanisms, on principle I do agree. Especially:

1. If SGG insists on the ridiculous pace and power creep with what the new heroes are introduced then it would make sense to ease on availability of older heroes, like S2 at this point. Some TC-based options could be good.
  2. When pools are diluted the odds must also be changed. HA10 starts to be utterly ridiculous, and I hate when it is said that some hero is “available” there. With a wait time of a week, and a very little chance of getting anything else than S1 heroes to begin with, getting something desired is never happening for an average player. I understand that from SGG’s perspective they are giving out (for free :scream_cat: ) a few Mikis and now Gazelles every day, but from my perspective the odds of ever getting anything viable from there are basically non-existent.

EDIT: There are soooo many general threads and feature requests concerning similar stuff, some of my own, that one starts to get tired and lose hope…

6 Likes

Same here… same here. I did contact SG team via in-game platform but was in the end redirected to post here. Hopefully You are reading this devs :wink:

1 Like

Me parece muy certero lo que propones ya que por ejemplo de 200 entrenamientos en el campo 20 si sale 1 de 5* ya está obsoleto

1 Like

I won’t argue that the game several seasons in (nearly 5) needs to rebalance and consider older seasons no longer premium… I haven’t seen that happen through their actions, they have recently gave us old event heroes in ha8 so there is some hope, but don’t hold your breath

My expectations of SGG enhancing the player experience is low, so anything they do will be a plus. The game is much different then when I started with the gap between free and premium is so huge now. S1 from tc20 was relevant when I started as we just had monthly events and s2. I can’t imagine getting into the game now with the spread between obtainable heroes (tc20) and what the spenders have. I have picked up a few hotm, some season heroes, and 2 seasonal heroes so I have some relevant stuff but there is no way I’d do VIP to accelerate building with how this game it today… Cause at the end you are just trying to accelerate making irrelevant heroes.

5 Likes

I understand the frustration of the new heroes that seem to be overpowered, but I’m going to play devils advocate for a bit…

What is it about these new heroes that you cant get around? Is it their speed? All of the minions? Specials?

I have found that most of the specials that these heroes have can be taken care of with many of the S1 hereos. Need a cleanse? Rigard, cSonya, cCaedmon. Need a debuff? Melendor, Sonya, Caedmon. Need mana control? Li Xiu, Chao.

I know these arent the flashy new heroes, but they perform functions that are vital to success, and they are ALL 4*, S1 heroes! I use most of the 4* mentioned, most at +20 and many with limit breaks. Why? Because it is how I can compete with those that do have a lot of these new hereos.

Again, I do have a 11 HOTM, most from 2019 when I was still spending pretty heavily, and 25 maxed 5* total, but many of the 5* I have get benched in war in favor of the S1 4* I mentioned because they provide skills I cant get elsewhere. I also have started to give emblems to ALL my mana control heroes. Proteus, Hansel, and Li Xiu are all +20 and limit broke. Merlin, Chao, Gretel, and Peters are all going to get some emblems to make them survive long enough to block specials. Again, these are 4* heroes.

I know it is frustrating to see these new heroes come out so quickly, but instead of trying to match these big spenders, think about ways to shut these heroes down or limit their effectiveness.

Not saying you cant be frustrated, but this is the way that I have changed my style of play to keep up and stay competitive. I’m sure I will have to change again, but for now, It seems to be working!

4 Likes

I agree though it is not a unique way to counter balance. I also use such a “bypass”. And using 3* heroes is not so uncommon in the game either (against titans). But that’s merely fighting smart against results not trying to fix the cause. And don’t forget - there is a limit to which this can be a successful tactic as strength is strength and the 4* need to withstand few rounds before loading mana if we speak about raids and wars.
I do stay either in top 1% or in top 5-10k places for events but there is a growing frustration when thanks to active and smart plays, You have multiple ascensions items on hand but the only thing You can spend them on is duplicate season one 5*.
At some point I will stop to raise this topic and slowly resign from playing. The only thing stopping me from doing that are some friendships that I made via the game. We are having fun by playing together. Not by playing the game so much anymore. There is a limit when people start moving to a different platform. And maybe that is a natural thing, especially for f2p.

At this point we should all know that the cause isn’t going to change, so all we can to is fight smart and hope for the result we want. We, as players, can only control one aspect of this argument, and that is how we choose to play, or not play.

As far as wars and raids go, I am typically attacking the toughest teams we face, and these emblemed and LB 4* do hold their own when mixed in with the 5* that I have. It may be different if I were in a Top 100 alliance, but I have confidence I could still compete and be an asset.

In principal, I agree that it is high time some aspects of the game gets some sensible balancing / reworking in tune with 6th year it is into… as conveyed by @Petri himself.

Changes to TC20, HA10
&
some creative - innovation in summons portal is required, to engage players, especially the non-regular summoners : C2P & F2P.

It is important to express things, instead of worrying / feeling all kinds of emotions about / against SG, whether they will make these changes or not. I am more positive, seeing SG’s recent actions… with vintage of the game, I foresee changes happening,
though
As players, we will want a lot & fast,
while,
SG / game will give some & pace it put :smiley:

Happy playing !

2 Likes

I can totally get behind this:

I stopped playing S3 and S4 and play them only for Valor points. I’m lvl 65 and levels in S3 and 4 are boring, long and hard. If those heroes are available in HA10 after finishing all the levels, I’d definitely play harder.

1 Like

I don’t even try anymore to summon. I also do not raid or even attempt to revenge my losses. It is senseless. I can’t remember the last time I got a decent hero. I am not capable of competing anymore. I am at level 90, you would think with that kind of loyalty, there would be some perks or benefits, but there isn’t. So with that in mind, I don’t spend anymore. If I get a hero, I can’t get the mats to level, and by the time I can get mats and finally level my hero, there is now a new one thst makes my now levelled hero virtually obsolete. sgg you can do better. I have faith in you, or I would not still be playing. Give your loyal players a little incentive. Thank you for listening.

3 Likes

30% of the silver tokens will turn into troop feeders, which are very important. That’s not total crap.

3 Likes

Agreed - exaggerated. Still this is really not having big impact on units feeding on higher levels. Helps a lot to bring units up in initial phase. Hard to evaluate how big impact that is on total strength. In my opinion (only an opinion) base cards are more influential.

The problem is how OP they are. New heroes keep getting stronger and tougher. A season one hero requires 20 emblems, limit break, and a costume to even be viable.

If you put 20 emblems on almost any hero released in the past 12-15 months, it will dominate that s1 hero. And there’s still room to grow using limit break. Now, there’s even costumes for some of them.

Let’s take the holiday heroes as an example. Krampus is more powerful than Telluria (before she got nerfed). And who’s idea was it to make his costume Rogue? Taunt AND dodge?! Mother North turns any war defense into a potential flag eater. Again, now has a costume. Then, there’s Mr. Pengi. He can one-shot an entire team.

Yea, he needs to be nerfed downwards and quick too, a hero who can level an entire team of 5* s in a single shot should never exist in this type of game for any player under any circumstances.

As for those s1 heroes! they can hold their own against most newer heroes if you go in smart. One thing is for sure, going in with a rainbow team is just rediculous and a waste of time, you may as well start the battle and run away instantly to save yourself the embarrassment of watching yourself get slaughtered, 3/2, 4/1 or mono is the only way to go, I win using mono 95% of the time against these new heroes.
You ever heard of the old saying “let the force be with you” well here it’s " let the force of the tiles be with you" and take in heroes that protect each other instead of heroes that you think can kill them.

This game can be fun if you just enjoy to play with what you have and the different ways heroes can work together which is where raids come in handy to practice on…

Stop trying to win and beat opponents using single hard hitters but instead using heroes with stronger defences.
Every designed hero was designed that way to work with another or a team, find what those teams are.

Frustration comes from the lack of knowledge and experience, work on those aspects of yourselves and you will view the game differently.

The happiest players are f2p players who don’t care if they win or lose, every spender only lives in a dream-world of hope and frustration never ever being satisfied.

Which one are you guys?

Have fun

1 Like

Can you please share your roster of 4s and 5s? Do you have tree?

It is not too difficult to win with a rainbow or 2-1-1-1 config of all healers. Not against every team config, but against a lot of top-end defenses

You may get luck some of the time but not most of the time.

You can’t beat the force of the tiles most of time.

But hey, if it works for ya then your done good.

Thats just the point - you dont need so much of a reliance on tiles if you go rainbow or close to it

Heres an example of 2 1 1 1. Gulli is important as the only hybrid hitter.

This team works well as long as the opposing team doesnt have a healer

And the next one true rainbow

And the one after

Bravo, bravo Guys,

Everyone is smart about tactics and how You can tackle even the most powerful teams. Ability to think is not unique. Of course everyone has different findings, different tricks to cope with raising spread of power but…Now use S1 heroes only and go for S4 teams, and repeat the movies please. That is my concern.

And I am also looking for a goal… I don’t wanna be top 1 either in alliances or individual ranking, although I made it to top 10 with the limited cards I have on hand. What I am looking for is to have a choice where to invest ascending materials instead of cursing the game for every unsuccessful summon. That also brings an element of strategy.

Of course noone wants to be perceived as a whiner but I consider this as input to increase the interest of players in continuing the adventure. Of course p2p people will continue to invest in summons as they are driven to have all of the heroes in portfolio. And that is where SG should focus otherwise the game would lose its funding. But that doesn’t mean that f2p players who often support in building up social network around the game, if they are given such a re-balance, they would suddenly overcome the highscores. Rebalance would rather reduce frustration and again bring enjoyment in chats.

We will continue to have different opinions and I already thank You for sharing Yours. I don’t like monodramas