We need 13* and 14* titans--unfair advantage for top alliances

That’s exactly the problem here.
Why do you think people have to sit on 13-14* and kill them everyday?
It is a challenge.
It shouldn’t be meant to do it on regular basis.

You guys really forgot this, and how other alliance struggle with less powerful titans using high level items.

This way you never skip a titan, and do not need to craft high level items if not for the monthly event.

You guys have been really spoiled these 6 months or so.

2 Likes

I think it is folly to add a difficulty level designed to be unattainable. I agree with your point that titans lead to further imbalance, but I take issue with the current difficulty of 14* titans.

1 Like

It is not unattainable at all if you craft timestops and tornados.
I manage to even stay on 50k average with my mediocre team, you guys can easily beat them if you want.
I don’t even consider how many purple flasks you have right now. I suspect a ridicolous amount, but again (with some titans) if you craft timestops and tornados you don’t even need flasks.

6 attacks, let’s say 2 each of timestops and tornadoes, or just 2 of one of them and some small mana.
That makes 12 timestops and 12 tornadoes, or only 12 of one of them.
These are not impossible numbers for taking down once or twice in a week.

You just don’t want to invest in it.

2 Likes

I actually agree that the tools are there now. Yes, it will take expensive items, but that’s what items are for. Heavy event players may have to make a decision between events and titans, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing either.

CP has been asking for the stronger titans to come back for months now. The titan fight has gotten very stale for us. I am sure we would streak 13s no problem currently and 14s would be significantly easier than the 1st time they were introduced.

I am guessing CP probably has 1200+ titan flasks between all our members currently. Could be quite a bit more actually.

11 Likes

The tools are in place to work towards 14* titans and I think it is time to introduce them. Not only will this create a challenge but it will also mix up the leaderboards which is just pointless at the moment.

9 Likes

Of course, judge and party, that the decision take or participate the interested ones. Do we extend it to everything? Do we allow each group to decide according to their interest? Maybe the top is over. There are times to be read before writing and in this game and especially among “circles of influence” many.

It is possible to achieve it with heroes currently in the game, yes. Is it something most players can achieve, even ones who’ve been playing for a year? Not so much. Things are very rarified up there!

Yes, and that’s EXACTLY the case I was trying to make with this topic. That it is fair and right for the game to do this. (Sorry if you don’t like it being one of the very very rare beneficiaries of it.)

I was in an alliance a few months ago that was not quite top 100, and had a handful of players who had left top alliances due to being burnt out grinding away at 12* titans. We were generally killing 10* and occasionally 11* titans, because we had a combination of players who weren’t ready for 12*s and players who didn’t want to expend or didn’t have the flasks and battle items needed to do it.

If our alliance had a “max titan size” switch and set it to 10* or 11*, and continuously killed them, we would have been happy, and probably used it, but guess what, it doesn’t exist, and that left us with one way to manage titan size: We passed on titans (got practically no loot for it), so we we could keep the titan size down where we wanted it.

If your alliance can’t or won’t kill infinite 14* titans, you should have to do the same.

Perhaps another alliance will be able to kill infinite 14* titans. (After a month of that I’d suggest that SG release 15* titans, but that’s a loooooooong way off, I think!)

4 Likes

The issue is that what they save in materials they use for events, that’s why there are more known detractors of events than strangers here. The privilege is what you have and what Sg allows and it is not the only case. This is corruption, I want the button you say.

Believe me, I remember the frustration of climbing up the tiers of titans and getting ones that you don’t have a chance against. I also remember that what kept me motivated to improve was the knowledge that I could eventually reach a point where I could stabilize and reap better rewards. I worry that creating a new impossible ceiling could reduce everyone’s motivation to improve.

2 Likes

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree then–at least we both see the ceiling for what it is.

I feel that having a ceiling to hit and coast at when you get there isn’t a fair option, and isn’t really the goal I’m chasing. For me the goal was too be able to kill a titan the next size up … then to be able to kill them two in a row, or kill them without flasking … then after killing enough in a row, the goal was to get the next size.

For now the game is the way you want it.

2 Likes

I agree with what Ka says there shouldn’t be a cap on titans. If you continue to kill 14* titans why not 15*? I think it would be fair to introduce these beasts again.

It would be nice to use more than 3 flags on a red or purple titan again. I’m lucky if I’m able to hit it more than 3 times.

3 Likes

@TheChef wasn’t it you that said in leader lounge that 13/14* titans were removed due to the numerous requests among the top alliances?

Pretty sure i disagreed about SG bending over for a small percent of the player base then as well

You nailed it

20 characters

As I count, there are something like 20 alliances who can do infinite 12*s. I’ll round up and call it 400 players, and I think I’ve read that the game has 2 million players. That’s around 0.02% of the players who get to experience this ceiling. Calling it “a small percent” really overstates it.

3 Likes

If something characterizes this game is frustration, frustrated raids, spoils, events, invocations, etc. We all have frustrations and above all that, but ALL. @petri, a little ago you put the war in the score because they won, you have nerfeado or not to their orders, this also, that opens breach and harms the balance of events. Enough of, privileges, enough of corruption.

For the alliances asking that war score help break the tie at the top (from other threads), this is the perfect answer to their wanting to break said tie, fight something harder.

2 Likes

It is a fact that the spending on killing titans don’t pay off in the end. I am on an alliance that kills consecutive 12* since end of last September. We never missed one since. And I can only remember getting 4 4* items (not considering rare titans that can give it on any X*).
I am a medium player between my mates and even struggling on B and A my loot sucks. Yeah I may get 3* items with a larger margin but for someone who has 41, to get 42 doesn’t matter… so case closed on loot, it is not worthy even on 12*, imagine 14*.
Now considering difficulty I totally agree. It’s great to kill titans and be full of flags for next but the challenge isn’t so intense. The biggest problem out of super alliances is that 10 players do amazing damage but at least 50% of the players get around 10-15k each hit. And we have a lot of hits under 10k too. I did one yesterday. We would have to literally bankrupt battle items to get a medium hit that could even not be enough to defeat the titan and so it would escape, leaving us with no loot, no items and no flags for next. But that’s the only way to grow, I think I thought the same way about 12* before. And to make it better we will soon have enhanced heroes to use. (By soon please unserstand 2021 :joy::rofl:)

2 Likes

I personally miss the struggle. I remember being extreme setting alarms to use flags after we had let one go saving full flags for the next one. Something I’m sure happens all the time for the majority of alliances in the game. I also agree with the OP that no alliance should string along titans like most of the very top alliances do.

I also remember when the bigger titans were released. the top alliances weren’t used to them because they had to craft more items, use flasks, make sure that everyone was participating fairly while receiving the same loot it seemed. We got too comfortable and forgot how other alliances had to work for that crummy loot. I have always been one to use tornadoes and plenty of items on titans while going for events so it really didn’t bother me. what the real problem was many members weren’t pulling their weight while still having the ability to hit hard they were just fine saving items and riding coattails. This caused a lot of distress with our alliance I know. was that a reason to remove them? I don’t think so. it is the same thing all alliances go through. Also it is a team effort so if some aren’t participating and one gets away so be it. No alliance member should be able to take a single titan down by themselves. It is a team effort where everyone should work together for a challenge not just run through the motions to get a chance for mats.

I would love for them to be brought back. I have 78 titan flasks just sitting. I remember when I couldn’t wait for the energy pack in the shop so I could contribute more. now I could care less about titan flasks. They are useless to me. please bring back bigger titans so my flasks aren’t useless.

16 Likes

Well here’s hoping that you get your 14* titans to struggle against soon. And if it is a rest titan for my alliance, maybe I can come in and burn some flags and items as I get the new experience of having my team slaughtered by a bigger beast than I’ve seen before! :rofl:

2 Likes

It was me that initiated the removal of those Titans, simply because they weren’t doable in the game meta back then. But before I did, I did contact the other alliances that were fighting them to collect more opinions and they agreed with me. This wasn’t done during Beta (some people like to accuse beta players of everything), but after SG introduced them in the live game.

That being said, with all the features that have been introduced and changes made, I do agree it would be fun and necessary to reintroduce them. Fighting Titans has become pretty stale lately.
I don’t think 13/14* have to be beaten on the daily, but SG has given us the tools (new heroes/talents/family trees) to beat them. It would definitely be good for the teamspirit in the top alliances to slay these beasts together.

7 Likes