Way to level 4* heroes if you have more then 30+ 5* heroes?

Those i mentioned and many other 4* full are way better than the majority of 5* at 3/70

1 Like

I am approaching this discussion from the opposite side - as a new player. I share with the OP the reluctance to max the 4s. I have only a couple of 5 and I have a desire to max them before my 4s. My rationale is such: I only have limited mats, slightly more than needed to ascend the 4 in that color, not yet enough to max the 5*ā€¦ but close! And yet if I spend them on the 4* now, Iā€™ll be that much farther away from maxing that 5*. And I wonā€™t get to play with the 5 for a looong time, not experiencing that aspect of the game. Does that make sense?

Going with the car analogy, some might say this is like going from a ferrari to a bmw, driving a bmw is just not that cool anymore after you are used to driving a ferrari. I donā€™t know if I agree with thatā€¦

Nowā€¦ hero abilities do come into playā€¦ Hanselā€™s mana control is just cool so I may level him first after all, before Gregorion. If he helps me get mats for Gregorion faster, maybe this is worth it.

1 Like

This is all bit like what was first Chicken or the Egg. When starting this game my thought was like yours, I always had in mind when I level 4* it keeps me further away from 5*.

So I worked on my first 5* till 3/70 as I didnā€™t had 4* mats to level him and he was Greg my first HOTM on a lucky epic hero token pull.

As I waited 4* mats to come so I can level Greg I leveled green 4* Little John only second and best green I had but always leaving enough sturdy shield to level Greg if opportunity comes.

I would never level Little John if I hadnā€™t had enough sturdy shield for him and Greg even if that cost me a lot of lost raids and missed events. There was no option I would give 3* mats to 4* hero and hold 5* in next ascension.

Now things moved forward and it is a bit easier for me to get 4*&3* mats and I still rather give them to my 5* then 4* even if can afford my self to level 4*, in my head I still have mental block to give them to smaller hero and my urge tells me 5* needs it more. Because it will set me back month or two in 5* ascension.

This is way I started this topic, to see if this is happening to other people and what you all think when decisions of ascending 4* or 5* is being made. Specially if you have many bigger heroes to ascend.

The temptation is to do it the way you describe, all in for 5* and nothing else.

Temptation ought to be resisted at times and this is one of those times.

Why?
4* Heroes are strong enough to defeat 5* heroes when raiding.
4* Heroes have unique and powerful specials that 5* heroes do not have
4* Heroes allow you to complete challenge events that give important ascention materials. You canā€™t take 5* to Epic level but you CAN take 4* to Legendary AND complete it.

So by ignoring 4* you are weakening your team, foregoing ascension materials and missing out on powerful heroes that cost 1/2 as much feeders to level AND no 4* ascension materials.

Your callā€¦

4 Likes

This doesnā€™t mention that if you DONā€™T already have 30+ 5* like the OP, you are letting down your alliance by failing in war unless you opt out, but if you opt out you lose another excellent source of ascension materials, once again, slowing your progressā€¦

Titans? Focus on 5* means you donā€™t have variety to stack strong against the titanā€¦limiting your score, allianceā€™s progress and your lootā€¦

OP was positing that he has too many 5* already leveled to bother with 4*, that is a choice.

If you donā€™t have >30 4* and 5* maxed or 3-70 and your only focus is 5*, you are slowing your progress.
I was going to say ā€œhurting yourselfā€, but that is only true if it reduces your enjoyment. If you are loving it then it really is a winning strategy for you. Just be sure you are in an alliance that is cool with sub optimal war teams.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

4 Likes

Just to write few comments on this topic 6 months after opening.

My opinion didnā€™t changed a lot from start of this topic, but I would say that 4* have found a place in my roster for titans and challenges some even in war in recent months.

I know that f2p players will throw rotten tomatoes on me for opening this topic and I am really sorry for it but for me 4* are no more useful just holding them for tournament and challenges to gather emblems nothing else.

Now I am very happy that I only made 13x4* as it helped me build 43x5* not all are maxed but after getting ascension material I get my max 5* in super fast time without need of holding tons of resources.

This is only my opinion and my way of play.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

I have a solid amount of 5s maxed and for my roster, rigard and Mel (with costumes and emblems) and even bold at timesā€¦ are still some of my most valuable heroes (and certainly my most cost effective), having said that, everyone builds teams differently and success in the game can be had from many different builds.

2 Likes

I fight the urge to eat everything I havenā€™t ascended every single day. Once in awhile I will eat a few. Now I have it narrowed down to only the barest minimum 4* that I plan to level.
Even stillā€¦ i see that Kashhrek and Iā€™m likeā€” manā€¦ do I even give a crap?
Falcon 2ā€¦ whyā€¦ because I guess Telluria will be a thing and weā€™ll see a ton of horghall/Yunan/telluria tanks in war? Maybe? Gafar 3ā€¦ umā€¦ Cuz I wanted him so badly that, when I finally got 3 I couldnā€™t bear to eat any? Jabbar-- sitting idle. on the off chance heā€™ll be useful in a 4* rush with no yellow.

Iā€™m actually quite thrilled to have gotten Guardian Bat. I now have the full set of new 3* ready & leveled. Butā€¦ about that 2nd and 3rd Pixie? I dunno. 4th rudolph? hmmmā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah I think if youā€™re at the point where you have as many 5s as you do, the only real reason to level up new/more 4s would be for competitive ranking in epic tier of challenges and for access to new special skill mechanics on upcoming s3 heroes.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll said. I donā€™t do anymore 4&5* TC pulls and use them only for feeders. Everything is made for building constantly 5*.