Waves: Discussion on how to support alliance mates through mental health and emotional aspect of E&P -

It’s nice to have this platform… to vent, to advise, to listen.

Thanks to all of you. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It is good to see you @Joyful818. I know when I first came to this forum, you were a bright shining light for me. :slight_smile: you are a kind, generous, loving, caring woman. Never stop. I’ve never seen your face, but i imagine it as a kindly lady with laugh wrinkles around the eyes, and everytime you laugh that your eyes sparkle. It’s an interesting thing thinking about what people look like without ever having seen them. :thinking:

8 Likes

I very much like her posts as well, but just a little life tip: don’t ever tell a woman that she has wrinkles around her eyes. :laughing:

Or anywhere else for that matter.

Basic rule of thumb: every woman looks like she’s not a day over 29, is the perfect weight for her height, and is absolutely just as beautiful as the day you met them.

8 Likes

Laugh Wrinkles are supposed to be a compliment. lol. But yes, i have been the one to ask a woman her age, and be told i shouldn’t by other people. :laughing:

7 Likes

As long as you don’t call me a kindly old woman! (I guess even that sounds nice…). You have a good mental picture of me! Amazing you can get that through text!

My husband and dad had lots of laugh lines around their eyes and it was always something I aspired to!!! I posted the above picture on A-Z to show our foray into farming during Covid. You can search arugula if you want to see our little farm.

May you find a woman who is more concerned about laughing than aging - and take her to that little cabin on your honeymoon!!!

Thank you for your kind words @Saphirra & @TGW!!! :heart::bouquet: :heart:

11 Likes

thank you for the picture! You do have a very kind face, though i would hardly call you old. You have lived much life, and that comes with respect, not demeaning terms such as old. :slight_smile: I always liked having pictures to put a name with in my head. It’s very much appreciated.

10 Likes

what a nice picture! thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I can’t remember or not… are you on Discord?

I’d rather not post my picture here, because the forum does not provide free barf bags. :laughing:

EDIT: Just remembered, yeah you are on Discord.

6 Likes

you are a ruggedly handsome fellow. thank you for the pic. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As are you, good sir. :+1:

Don’t take this as an insult, but you don’t look like a “kid” to me. Certainly more in the “young man” category.

6 Likes

I’ll show you one with my “Baby” face when i get my phone. :smile:

8 Likes

I’ve noticed her seeming perpetual positive cheerfulness also.

5 Likes

I try to be positive on the Forum & measure my words carefully. I try to read & edit before I send. When my husband was dying, we had a CaringBridge account (highly recommended), and I learned to measure my words.

When I was young, going out to dinner was a time to get a little (or a lot) dressed up and be a part of something in a restaurant. Everyone tried to be at their best, and each time was an Experience. That’s what I try to bring to life - my best - to use the gifts God gave me to make each moment, each day, each life a little better. People wear shorts & flip flops to nice restaurants now. Comfort & “me mine my” has overtaken community…What am I saying? Everyone is home now. You have to try harder to even find/make community!!

Carole King wrote “ You’ve got to get up every morning with a smile on your face & show the world all the love in your heart/and people gonna treat you better - you’re gonna find, yes you will/that you’re beautiful as you feel.” I’ve been singing that every day for the past few weeks as isolation has been getting to us.

I’ve struggled mightily with depression & despair my whole life. I have found putting good things out there has more than a 3* chance of being reflected back. And the good will I put out daily has given me a group of people who love me & support me when things are really hard…

8 Likes

The laugh lines are there obscured by my macular degeneration required sunglasses! They are halfway down my cheeks now - a badge of honor from a good life full of laughter (and tears). :heart:

6 Likes

He puts those tears in a bottle… hugs

5 Likes

Mine are big bottles! What are those bottles for anyway? Do they refill the oceans??? :thinking: :heart: Hugs back!!!

6 Likes

its a quote…I never understood it. To me bottles were for perfume or handsoap or milk, not tears. I always took it to mean the tears were precious and collected, not forgotten. :wink:

5 Likes

I know the quote! I saw a Twilight Zone (?) or something once where there were just rows and rows of neat little bottles lined up like in a chemistry lab. I don’t remember anything else about the plot, but I remember thinking, “Does that little bottle hold all of one person’s tears? This must be the room for the really happy people!!!”

4 Likes

Ok so I’ve been in this thread nearly every day this week, begin typing something then it sounds ■■■■■■■ stupid so I delete it and exit out. Who knows if this will be the same.

My stress/ anxiety/ knowledge that I am completely useless has been quite bad this year. Typically my wife, the game and going to watch Ayr United are my saving grace to occupy myself and shut out the white noise.

I took a break from my alliance earlier in the spring due to it and set up what was meant to be a timeout/ feeder alliance for the main group (in fact my first post on the forum was looking for recruits for it. Didn’t work out though and the lack of the social side of the game in the alliance was worse, so I rejoined the main alliance, but didn’t connect back into the leadership line group.

I think I’ve come back too early though, the only task I do is picking the weakest targets for war and each Saturday even that is stressing me. But I like the group and dont want to let people down that I’ve been playing with for almost 2yrs (plus my wife is also in the alliance) My head is getting antsy again and I would love to just log in, play, hit, raid, war and not think of anything else. Pretty sure sometime after path of valour ends I’ll take another break from my alliance till the head is straight. Just need to not rush back next time…

7 Likes

Breaks are always good. Take breather and just play whack a titan with baby titans in your own little alliance. Go war one on one and fill a chest or two. Level heroes at your own pace. It’s really refreshing.

I did it for a while in the spring and am back to enjoying all of it again.

Good luck.

5 Likes