Waves: Discussion on how to support alliance mates through emotional aspect of E&P

Lol, sounds exactly like my alliance @Rohn, we win or lose as a team…although real life pain like trying to fit a truck through your urethra take precedence over using your flags :joy:

They are not really a truck, but they are tiny cuckelburs

1 Like

They also are not really on topic.

I’m sorry. You’re giving me pain just thinking about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh I agree @littleKAF, I felt his pain. He needed to say no more :scream:

3 Likes

Getting out of toxic alliance can be like passing kidney stones (@Rohn & @PapaHeavy posts now are on topic) with how challenging it is to actually get yourself to leave, but then an amazing relief once complete.

The idea of self-induced pressure weighing heavier than any external pressure has popped up a few times from several responses. Are there any leadership tactics you take to force a reprieve for the entire alliance?

I know around Thanksgiving with the madness going on all around our alliance leadership opted the entire alliance out of war for Thanksgiving week (Mid-week and Weekend). Everyone came back recharged and rearing to go from this. Any thoughts on doing an alliance “health” check? It’s a difficult (unnecessary for some) decision to make as it intentionally slows down progression by limiting War chest progress.

3 Likes

We have not opted out the whole alliance. We do encourage people to take a break around holidays or anytime they are feeling pressure. This game can be stressful, so we offer our members the opportunity to take a month off while we hold their spot.

We’ve only had a few do it. One or two was going through a divorce and the other was moving. It was great for them and they came back refreshed. Other members also commented that knowing that was an option lowered their stress level.

2 Likes

I asked my team and they ALL voted to stay in wars both Thanksgiving and Christmas

4 Likes

We said that Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve and New Years Day were optional for titans and war (since wars fell in there twice).

We found most everyone wanted to keep firing, but there were a few who had family who appreciated the break.

Also—normally we say two misses and you’re out (nature of the beast at our level)—we didn’t record any misses during the holidays.

I think the important thing was to give those who needed the break the option to take it. :wink:

6 Likes

Cookie Settings