🏆 Waterpipe – 5* Ice / Blue from Plain Hunters

Because instead of doing that you can not put all your eggs in the one blue basket

This guy single-handedly saved me in this weeks tournament, the minions help so much to change the tide of the battle to your own favor. Great hero

1 Like

Such a giant PITA. Lost three raids in a row to this stupid hero with a 3/1/1 attack team, because not once did I get my heroes activated. In almost all cases it’s impossible to recover from her going off because you simply aren’t getting mana again. In all three fights I didn’t get three green matches before she went off. In one fight, I killed her with tiles after she went off and might have recovered and won, but she simply revived twice and I still lost.

Total BS hero. At least fighting M&M you can still use your own specials and heroes. It’s hard to win if M&M goes off but it’s possible. Waterpipe is just total BS. Heroes shouldn’t completely prevent other heroes from even being able to do anything. And I say this as a waterpipe owner… this stupid cheese frustration mechanic of instantly causing a team to lose because they can’t get mana again needs to go. Whether it’s pre-nerf Xnolphod and multiple costume Alassies or Waterpipe or whatever, these things shouldn’t be in the game.

1 Like

What charge heroes do you have? I luckily have topaz and she is perfect for this scenario. I do two off color healers Charon/Garnett then topaz I may gamble with Alucard and I’ll take nemesis for a big hit.

Even though I’m not stacking green, the speed of these heroes and the fact the mana cut isn’t as detrimental…you can take him out with better success. This has been my best solution. Or I’ll stack 3 green with two off color healers and just cross my fingers. I really hate doing that though.

1 Like

there are some heroes resist mana reduction

u need to “buy” them first to counter this pipe

someone said Waterpipe minions very weak n not enough in this day n age. (the first time this hero was in the covenant portal) and it hasn’t been 1 month (only 24 days) he said this hero is BS and complained about this hero. lol

4 Likes

Just get Poseidon from FS if the pipe is really PITA🍞

1 Like

This is another golden quote…

I would have loved to see what kind of reactions this hero would have caused if he would have been released as very fast “to fit in todays meta”

Another point where one clearly can see he doesnt even know what he is writing

Very fast sure hahaha

Thank you for reminding me of Topaz. I should give mine more than 3 emblems. With M&M Waterpipe she suddenly became more viable.

Another thing about Waterpipe is that with her in a 3-2 you get a lot more leeway on offense. Really enjoy this hero.

That is just evil lmao

1 Like

I ran this defense for a day or so, held up pretty well even being attacked a lot by anti minion teams

2 Likes

How do you find Tetis on defense? Just raised mine, but thought they wouldn’t be good on defense, especially compared to very fast units like El Duque or Alucard.

She does well for me on the corner, especially without being LBed. Overall better performance on gained/ lost trophies over khufu and alucard ( dont have El duq)

1 Like

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense!

1 Like

Just finally faced Waterpipe for the first time after constantly rerolling before now. It’s not even fun to try and go up against this hero. Mana reduction AND immune to buffs AND special skill defense down? It’s like watching Mike Tyson fight Dora the Explorer - too one-sided to be entertaining.

1 Like

I ran on her yesterday twice on a tournament. In second fight, oponent had 3 x 4* (2 counters) in defense.
She ruined me tottaly! :hot_face: Moment when she fired a special that is a moment when I didnt fire any special till the end of fight.
Lession - if you fight her, you defenitely need to focus your team on how to survive her minions.

Now that the top teams are using this hero after the MM nerf. When can we expect a nerf for this hero?

If you have topaz, she’s a great counter because she charges. Matter of fact, I try to take styx/ninja heroes against waterpipe any chance I get.

Good to get some insights here.
I too wanna take down some waterpipe.
Yet having one I also improvise to make it better.
Waterpipe minions are weak but these few suggestions to increase its longevity;

1. Gargoyle heroes…:partying_face: Stone skin activated minions took 1 dmg ,
  2. Summon Other minions as shield to protect it,
  3. Frosty boy can buff waterpipe minions’ hp,
  4. Defense up and minions up hero like Freya :sunglasses:
    Just a few. But overall an elite hero.
    Probably best setup is HP->Shield → Sword.
    A fighter class so HP seems better.
1 Like

No yellow heroes on this tournament. So she is not an option now.
And even if she is an option, she can (with first charge) destroy only one minion, 4 others will still be alive.
Main issue with Waterpipe is how to protect against mana reduction and how to destroy 5 minions while you cant charge your heroes.