🏆 Waterpipe – 5* Ice / Blue from Plain Hunters

I do not understand why this hero has so much negative comments :roll_eyes:. She is already in global defenses and she is great.

5 Likes

agree. they haven’t tried it directly. but already theorized. if there are many who use waterpipes in def as tanks. then all will whine for nerf. Lol.
after seeing my alliance teammate video. waterpipe is very dangerous as a tank!

5 Likes

I just got him and am pretty disappointed. The minions are way too weak to be useful. Easily killed with tiles or slashes. And that’s all he does is the minions. At least LoTL heals too. You’ll fire this guy and then a couple turns later it’s like you did nothing at all. Just looks like a poor meat shield to me.

1 Like

You need Styx, magic or ninja heros to be really safe facing this tank. Their mana bar can go to x1, x2 and x3 and all the space in between x1 → x2 and x2 → x3.

For example : When Waterpipe fires and you have your Topaz at x2. The minions tic her and cut some mana. She will still be at x2 (depending on how far the mana bar was up) or will only drop down to x1 charge where you can still fire her and get some mana back for killing a minion or two.

Once this hero fires it‘s hard for regular heros to get their specials charged. -5% mana or -7% mana makes no difference. You still need another tile or 3 tiles to get your hero charged again. Which means more boardmovement, something you want to keep at a minimum when their are flanks like Costume G.Panther or Anne.

Yes Waterpipes minion don‘t have much HP and can easily be killed with tiles but specifically throwing tiles into the opposing heros to get rid of the mana cutting minions is charging them up faster. Waterpipe needs the right flanks and wings so that this „just kill the minions throwing tiles at them“ backfires.

Not impressed. All he does is minions…very weak minions. Not enough in this day and age.

I think she’s cool and wrote a post about her for those interested:

Thank you.

10 Likes

AoE Damage Styx heroes such as Nyx or Hypnos are handy here, as they do AoE damage even at 1x charge. Jade as well. Other ninjas are bit awkward to use in this aspect as their range of hit targets decrease with charge. Also Seshat and some other HotM are immune to mana draining shenanigans.

heal what?!!
What makes you think this hero will ever need healing?
Do you really think you will ever be able to fill up any of your heroes?
Even the low stats of the minions are mocking your Alucard or whatever.
I’m not theorizing here and it does not require rocket science to figure out what’s on with this dude.
Also please stop ignoring the rest of what minions do. You will melt down watching. Your only friend will be tile damage. You need to consider stacking color against him even if you are against color stacking.

2 Likes

This hero is designed to use on defense only. Offense, he is kinda useless due to no heal, dispell, or any buffs. Your tiles and random combos will contradict the mana steal.

3 Likes

As pointed in posts above heroes that have charge mana will be mostly unaffected by the cut.
Good old buffed Vela AoE immune to minions? Good old Seshat immune to mana cut?
Auto summon minion removal recently not so buffed Noor.
Not so good counters:
Recently buffed Red Hood - her minions give protection to mana cut
Baldur gives team protection to mana cut but got to do it before hit by minions cos they will block it.
Costume Gravemaker DoT on all needs timing although monks will resist the burn probs
Emilio will block the aliment same as GM those are veryfast fireburnes OT might help you clear the wing minions
Keep adding please :slight_smile:

Maybe Waterpipe will give enough time to fast and op heroes to charge and wipe you out because they will be Anne Anne Alucard Alucard etc.

2 Likes

I think you guys do not understand her. She is SUPPORTER not a healer or damage maker hero. The same story was about Mica, Bennu and so on. Supporters are very useful if you know how to use them. You are all telling that her minions are weak so what you want? Another OP hero so you will call for nerf. And she would be great in attack and defens. I must say I read your review @OldCynic and it is amazing. Great job.
One more think, if she is good for alliances like Team Korea, Avengers, 7DD,then she would be awesome for us, mortals.

10 Likes

So just to clarify with my earlier comment I’m not saying she needs a buff, but I would far rather face a defence containing her than the likes of an M&M ,Sobek etc

Got him on a single pull just now, I see others have mixed feelings about him though.

4 Likes

Interesting opinion. I’m not sure yet about Waterpipe on defense in comparison to M&M. But I’m totally sure she is amazing on offense. I used her a lot yesterday and she definitely made a difference. Mana control is one of the best skills in the game and 5 minions and average speed is huge.
Btw tiles and combos hit first and minions afterwards.

3 Likes

Any hero that controls mana is strong in this game. She needs support to be most effective. If you toss a fat minion in front of hers to protect it, you’re going to have a nightmare on your hands.

I’m using her on offense and heroes just can’t fire. They’re fullly charged and then a couple hits from a minion resets them, next turn charged again but yet again, mana cut. They can’t get specials off…and people are telling me she’s trash, hahaha. Guys/gals play with her before you start commenting in here lol.

10 Likes

Agree see as far more offense than defence but that might depend on style

The trash talk about him is probably comparison with other new heroes?

My judgment; 5% or 10% mana reduction doesn’t do any bigger difference. Either the enemy can fire next turn or not.
On the weak side, all his properties are in those weak minions. They can be taken out and then nothing is left. Then you need to have another supportive minions summoners or other support to make him work optimally. He works well in attack.
I haven’t test him in defense and I don’t find a rational way to have him there, yet at least.

I think minions health and minion properties are OK but he would love something more direct to leave him in defense?

Happy gaming

Thank you Pete, leveling her already, will find use for her I am sure, I have deep roster as well. The crowd was not overly impressed with Ebba as well, however I just used her in war in a rainbow and she wiped out the entire team single-handedly….with Lu Bu and Anastasia as support fiend summoners, she does miracles!

If this hero is fast or even VF, will be very good. But at average speed, why not just kill the opponents and win? Frida + another 2 blue hit-3 and murder them.

3 Likes

I was hoping to get Fianna and the purple 4* because I wanted a VF sniper for tournaments. In six pulls I’ve got Fianna and Waterpipe instead. I really wasn’t expecting

Not complaining but sometimes RNG is funny.