🏆 Waterpipe – 5* Ice / Blue from Plain Hunters

New Plain Hunter Hero is released: Waterpipe

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Waterpipe, as well as your thoughts on Waterpipe.

Waterpipe

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 930 885 1773
4/90 1064 1013 2029
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Plain Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Status effect on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunter’s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
This character has a 10% chance to negate -100% of the direct damage received from Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Harpoon Sentry
  • Summons a Harpoon Sentry Minion for each ally with 12% HP and 20% attack inherited from the caster.

Each hit from a Harpoon Sentry Minion reduces the mana of the target by -5% and gives the target the following status ailments:
      • The target gets -30% defense against Special Skills for 2 turns.
      • The target is immune to new status effect buffs for 2 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Plain Hunter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% attack

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Waterpipe from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Covenant of Champions Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Waterpipe ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Waterpipe.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Waterpipe and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Waterpipe worth summoning for?

• Would you use Waterpipe on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Waterpipe ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Waterpipe as an opponent?

• Would you give Waterpipe Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Waterpipe’s character design?

• If you Summoned Waterpipe and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Waterpipe, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Waterpipe when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Waterpipe, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Waterpipe (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Waterpipe), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Waterpipe (post release)

:question: Is Waterpipe worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Waterpipe would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Waterpipe’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Buff Immuniser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Waterpipe compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Waterpipe’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Waterpipe’s Base Stats?

Note this means Waterpipe’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Waterpipe worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Waterpipe is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Waterpipe is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Waterpipe worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Waterpipe then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Is it -5 or -7% per hit?

Either way, looks like a boosted LotL just without the healing (but the minions to all is very useful); useful for PVE; also useful generally for mass mana control of opponents.

Would definitely be happy with this one but then again, I would say the same of most new heroes released given the insane power creep LOL

2 Likes

Probably the most memorable hero name, and that’s even counting the Mighty Pets!

5 Likes

Looking around the room “think of a name, eureka!! We’ll call it Waterpipe”
I think someone was smoking from a water pipe

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was reduced from 7% decrease to 5% percent decrease. I’m sure it will be fixed.

2 Likes

Thx, I have fixed it. Also the defense down too.

1 Like

So how are defenses going to deal with this hero? Not a lot of heroes with minion effect immunity or mana reduction immunity

I could be way off base on this after facing a few but as an immediate quick read. I don’t think I’d be over scared facing this one.

It’s a pretty weak minion at 12% whilst it’s minions to all its only 5% cut as opposed to LotL minions to 3 at 10%.

My Viscaro will have fun Vs this one eating away the minions. And because she is AVG speed with non Uber sturdy minions there’s enough chance for tile damage kill to the minion so outside of really bad luck won’t see full 3 banks of them

The other effects read to as cleanable/ blockable so fine there.

I’d much prefer to face water pipe than a M&M, Sobek, C-Alasie or other killer blue

4 Likes

still too op.
7% → 5% doesn’t make any difference to be honest.
either reduce minion hp or maybe consider making it slow

1 Like

Devana can counter this hero pretty well as she got most of his effects under control
Able to resist his minion effect, also being able to destroy the minion with her lynxes
I predict noor would actually have a use now. If you know how xiahou dun/ Cao Cao works, you will understand how noor is almost foolproof against waterpipe

5 Likes

her minions hp should be buffed

5 Likes

Lucky enough to get this guy. Looks interesting to partner with LoL and Ludwig

3 Likes

In case you’re curious, took DEF/HP route, cheers!

10 Likes

Dont get the hype, he does nothing but mana stealing mediocre minions, no heal, no dogde, lowered resistance to special skills :sleeping: hes going down too fast in tank position, minions wont live for long too, if Miriam is an A+ then this guy is a D. thought he would be the high end tank for those that missed out on miriam but i only see him on offense and even there hes not that strong. Maybe im wrong or miss something but im not impressed, not a bit.

7 Likes

Truth is part of problem with LotL is that she also heals, so when she fires you have to deal with your work being undone and mana stealing minions, which can easily turn the tide of the battle. Waterpipe doesn’t heal, so it should be easy to finish him/her and then deal with minions. But wouldn’t mind getting one, of course, and passive makes him/her sturdier.

Also keep in mind LotL is essentially average speed with her C-bonus.

3 Likes

And since his worth is only with minions, bera will easily shut him down. He’s probably fun to use though on offence. I missed lotl and could only use the mana cut through my twin dawns. She has been a joy to use

2 Likes

Congrats! How many pulls did have you done in this portal this go-around?

1 Like

this hero art is so ugly and looks amateur artwork compared to another heroes

3 Likes

if the portal now doesn’t give enough money to zynga. don’t worry, She will get a significant buff.
Example buff :

• Boosts health of all allies by 550. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as a temporary HP.
  • Summons a Harpoon Sentry Minion for each ally with 20% HP and 25% attack inherited from the caster.

Each hit from a Harpoon Sentry Minion reduces the mana of the target by -10% and gives the target the following status ailments:
* The target gets -30% defense against Special Skills foe 2 turns.
* The target is immune to new status effect buffs for 2 turns.

and
 all of you will ask for nerf again :frowning:

1 Like