Warning of Removal for Alliance Member

That’s actually a pretty good idea. *noted

1 Like

I’m an alliance leader and have been for six or eight months. I think this is a terrible idea. Formalised systems of warnings for misconduct, check marks, reminders, gold stars, black flags, red letters? What a horrible crypto-fascist nightmare - it sounds as bad as the army or the Girl Scouts. I would have no part of it.

Of course, I assume that no one would be forced to use these features. On that basis I would have no objection to their introduction. (I would just despise any petty tyrant who chose to utilise them.)

1 Like

I would like for the leaders (and maybe co-leaders) to be able to send a message. That can even be a multiple choice, like:
1 I would like to talk to you, please come to chat
2 you need to be more active
3 warning, you will get kicked if you do nothing
4 sorry, you got kicked, because you didn’t respond to previous messages

I am not really close to being a tyrant, but I hate kicking someone without talking first and right now there is sometimes no other choice, because I can’t get a message to them there is something wrong (they probably know, because I give a lot of leeway, but still).

I would prefer to be able to communicate outside the chat, but if a real pm isn’t possible, than I would like to at least give a warning there is a problem.

3 Likes

Thanks for your support.
Gideon.

Sosha,

Thanks for your support!

Gideon.

If it works for you, but I don’t care for it. My elders have shown that they are quality people, without being asked to be. That’s why they’re elders.

1 Like

Brobb,

It sounds like you don’t care for your position. I was elected to be leader. I care about my people. I don’t like to kick them out without a warning, unless they’re behavior warrants it.

1 Like

Exactly!
Keep up the good work!

Gideon

OMG NICE idea!!! I kicked a player out for challenging me! Trying to tell me what I am saying is an excuses! Yet I been playing longer he was only lvl 19. I think that is a awesome Idea!!! And also letting other leaders know so they don’t let them in once they been kicked!
VERY SMART IDEA
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::grinning::sunglasses::grinning:

2 Likes

Granted I dont know the backstory, but kicking someone for disagreeing seems a little excessive.

Keep in mind that player level means very little in this game, and that some very “high level” players run a 2nd and 3rd account that might not be so developed.

That being said, I’m sure you did the right thing in that specific situation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No I don’t have a problem with that BUT the player was challenging me and WANTED me to do what he wanted done. And because of his DRAMA he caused an established player to leave. The co leader and elders all said he was way to harsh and I was right.

1 Like

Ok, well done then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grinning::joy::+1::+1:. Yeah I have no problem with new ways to do things but RESPECT goes a long way! :grinning:

1 Like

Quod erat demonstrandum.

1 Like

I am the leader of the Yaba Daba Do Crew. An Alliance formed about 90 days ago that started with 9 members from a previous Alliance and now has 21 members. Our community is great, many of us chat on a daily basis, often many times a day. There are of course those that don’t, but that’s ok for the most part. I make it clear that your actions will always speak louder than your words when you join the Alliance and have members that never chat but always participate. That’s great, fine by me. The issues start to arise when someone who is newer to the game is very active for a few weeks, doesn’t chat, then begins being spotty in their activity and participation. Leaders should absolutely have a way to alert players that their lack of participation is starting to be noticed. These players might just need that leadership but may not read the chat program. There should not be only one option for the leader to use to lead. I feel like some people need that nudge, or need to be told they are valued and the team wants them there but also won’t continue to stand for the lack of activity. Perhaps a simple yellow and red warning that flashes up to a player when they load the game that he a generic message but will attract their attention. Yellow warning “we need your help”. Red warning “you’ll be kicked from the alliance if participation doesn’t increase” and that’s it. I need a way to alert players individually. Leader is a bold title with such few options to lead guys. Thoughts?

2 Likes

@Garanwyn @zephyr1 possible merge
Private Messages & Friends Lists, Player Search - Please add your comments & ideas here!

2 Likes

My view would be that it should be a concern for leaders if members of the alliance don’t read (at least) Chat messages. How would you communicate important messages about wars and Titan attack etc.
As a leader you should be able to give a general warning in chat if activity looks to be deteriorating.
If that doesn’t work give a nicely worded targeted message in chat to individuals.
If that doesn’t work do a final warning message in chat
And finally Kick …
I think three strikes and you are out is reasonable

1 Like

Thanks for the message JGE. I guess the reason I’d like a more direct line, like I said, could just be a flashed warning is that it gets your attention. I would love for everyone to read and chat and most do, however, I also know that sometimes there are 50+ messages to go through when players log on and it just takes too much time to read all of those to find that one that’s directed towards you as a warning. Also, we aren’t talking about the players we don’t need to motivate who are more likely to be reading, chatting, and sharing ideas. We’re talking about the ones we do need to motivate who are far less likely to be doing those things and will have a much higher chance of missing that message. I lead by example and recognition. I lead by knowing more about the game than anyone in my alliance because I should. But when it comes to the players who need the most from me I don’t have a way to make sure that the message has been received and I’m left in the dark.

1 Like

@Ragaer, there’s another post with this discussion. I brought up being able to send private messages in an alliance. I like your addition of something flashy to catch their attention. I’m also the leader of my alliance and it irks me when I speak to another member directly during AW/Titan hits and receive no response. I don’t know if they saw the message, ignored the message or what?

1 Like

What about using the recently-added Alliance banner? It’s internal only to the alliance and adds an always-visible message to alliance chat. Granted it’s not targeted but if you notice the lack of participation chances are most of the other members have as well.

Maybe that would get their attention.

2 Likes