War - unfair tactic (SG support don't see the problem)

Hi all
I would like to ask if it is a common phenomenon that after selecting an opponent for the war, members of the alliance leave the alliance and in their place come much stronger ones?
We had this situation now, the system picked us an alliance that looked okay and the players also, but they left the alliance after the matchmaking ended and much stronger others came to this alliance. I reported this behaviour/situation to the SG support, but the answer is that… it’s a pity to write. It’s sad.
What can we do with t in the future?
I have many screenshots of that situation.
Thanks in advance.

Hi;

Not sure what you think has happened but unless a player is IN the alliance DURING matchmaking, they are not able to participate in that alliance war.

Before Matchmaking – Able to enter/ leave at will
During Matchmaking – MUST be IN the alliance
After Matchmaking but before war (preparation phase) – Able to enter/ leave at will
During War – MUST be IN the alliance (and stay there)
After war concludes – able to enter/ leave at will.

12 Likes

It’s not supposed to be possible.

After pairing both alliances lock out and whoever leaves becomes an ex-member, if they don’t come back by the time the war starts, they can’t attack but their team remains subject to enemy attacks.

1 Like

Hi guys
Thanks for reply!
I’m talking about period between warmatching was done and before war starts.
We saw that before war started (after warmatching) many players left aliances and others come (much stronger).
They attacked us and leaves again (they never Ex Member).
I don’t how but it was on real.
They kick us over 7k pts where we not even 5k… we have never such dramatic results and we play together long long long time.
What do you think about this “replace trick” ?
Can anyone check this in system/game?
I provided screens to SG support.
I wanted to say about that loud because this is not fair from our point of view.
Thanks again.

Logically it’s not possible else every top alliance will use this strategy to advance their war.
Ps: We won last war with 6.9k vs 5.9k.

Look please how members changed after war started.

This thing wouldn’t be useful to top alliances as it requires to get much stronger players than the ones on whom the matchmaking is based on. As top alliances usually have the strongest players they could not get any or too much stronger players, so this method is suitable for low and mid level alliances.

This is not possible. If somebody left an alliance he cannot be replaced by other player in current war. He can only come back before war start. Those people who enter alliance must be the same players who left before.

2 Likes

We played against these guys a few weeks ago. I don’t think the problem is as you describe, I think it is slightly different.

At the point of matchmaking they are all there, and then they go to other alliances after the match is made and before the war.

I think they may keep several “shell” alliances and swap between them , their war score was way too low for the amount of hurt they brought when attacking. Not sure exactly what they’re up to but I think it might be an exploit.

My team does well and most alliances we fight are well matched, with the match in the balance or at least relatively close. These guys spanked us with a score almost double ours, so there is something going on here

3 Likes

As @Guvnor said, only members that were in the alliance WHEN the matchmaking happened can participate in that war - they are present on the war board and can do up to 6 attacks.

If anyone joins them AFTER the matchmaking, they are not at the war board and cannot participate (they are in spectator mode). But if someone leaves AFTER the matchmaking and then return again, they can participate in the war (because they were counted in the matchmaking). Or at least that’s the way how it should work - SGG did some changes to war matchmaking, so it’s possible that something is not working correctly tho.

Looking at your screenshots - it seems that you were matched against the alliance with similar members 24-25/30 but a lot of their players left after the matchmaking (that’s the screenshot with 11/30 members, 35 minutes after the matchmaking), because it seems very unlikely to be matched 24-25 vs. 11.

You’d need to screenshot their members exactly after the matchmaking ends to be sure tho (or SGG would need to look at it).

I’ve done much screens as I can, but SG has system, logs, db’s…they can check everything, it was few days ago.
But what @Infinite wrote, it’s confirmation of our problems, this needs to be some bug/hole/exploit in game they know and used this.
Some time ago we had similiar situation with other Brazilian alliance but I don’t remember details righe know.

So they are doing something that system is matching them waker oponents, how I don’t know, but @Infinite confirmed that something is wrong here with them and warmatching system.

I think that all alliance members were taken in count for war matchmaking and some members left probably to a friend alliance maybe to kill titan or similar. You looked when most of the players were out and got surprised when all come back for war, you think this could be what happened? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe my first conclusions were bad, because now I’m sure that probably all they left before war started they probably all came back. But the question is that they are doing something that system is matching them with much weaker alliance, they kicked us 7k+ pts, we not even 5k+. Our alliance is good, we play long together and we had similiar sitution with some Brazilian alliance with similiar (8k+ they) results.
Typically diff between us and enemy is most likely always around ~500pts, but I’m sure also that it’s something going on here after @Infinite answer:

I think they may keep several “shell” alliances and swap between them , their war score was way too low for the amount of hurt they brought when attacking. Not sure exactly what they’re up to but I think it might be an exploit.

My team does well and most alliances we fight are well matched, with the match in the balance or at least relatively close. These guys spanked us with a score almost double ours, so there is something going on here

Staff are closing the “war hopping” strategy already. Read more here:

And here:

Look for posts by Mhalttu who provided the staff updates in progress.

3 Likes

Equally, two samples doesn’t create a particularly compelling data stream

Maybe we had a bad war at the same time they had a great one, it happens I guess

But when I saw your post I remembered how unusual it seemed at the time, so maybe where there’s smoke there’s fire

2 Likes

I believe that those players have war ally and titan ally.

3 Likes

My alliance have seen a similar situation where the war was 15 vs 15 but the other alliance had many players bouncing in and out. It had no effect on the war so it could of been POV players or alliance mates. As Guvnor said, player in the alliance for the matchmaking can only play in the war regardless if the alliance swells to 30 player. I wish he had a screenshot of the players that played in the war.

1 Like

As far i understand it has to be related to an error in the matchmaking. When it starts it begins to run and takes into account the players in the alliance and the players in the enemy one. What happens? Something in the middle of the matchmaking process. May it not being able to detect too many people leaving and entering? And with such difference of power.

Matchmaking starts------ Factors are taken into consideration(players rosters for example)-----matchmaking ends.

Something in the middle has to happen to unbalance things… why the matchmaking still takes former alliance members into consideration and not new ones with deeper rosters?

Can the matchmaking still be running if two alliances were already matched? Like an extra time

2 Likes

Some players are still there…they only have higher trophies…but they are not stronger. Trophies count for trophy score…but not for war score.

Are you mixing things up?

1 Like

:point_down:

Your enemies were Locked-In
And then you witnessed shuffling.

There maybe some trying to finish POV.

Also…
We have 6 alliances in our family and we leave, sometimes when they have a powerful rare Titan and need help.

Also also…
If you go try and merc…
you will understand another reason why some players go and do this. You can gain much resources! Top alliances never pass on titans. And well-run alliance in lower tiers know when to pass.
Which causes Titan pots to build up.

Pay attention to @Guvnor’s time list. Or you will experience how war participants can NOT be altered and suffer a terrible loss when your merc does not come back in time!

You witnessed a normal phenomenon.

1 Like

Cookie Settings