War scoring....can someone explain this?

Yes. This is a bizarre corner case where only 1 person is participating. Scoring systems shouldn’t and don’t need to account for weird corner cases like this. You’re not going to win 1 vs that many, so scoring system is irrelevant for doing wars totally counter to how they were designed to work. Devs shouldn’t spend an extra minute worrying about weird corner cases like that and instead fix the myriad of other more important AW issues/enhancements detailed elsewhere.

9 Likes

Calling this a corner case says you have seen complete stats of all wars…no.

The only way I have thought devs might balance this is through total flags given each alliance.

The work to find a mean point for each alliance, and give flags out from the mean is daunting task. Finding a matching algorithem even more so. But, that is only way I see to meet complaints.

I just take loot, win or lose, and go on. It comes back to the insanity test.

I still get a kick out of people trying to cheat the scoring system by putting up 1 hero defenses then coming to forums to complain about it.

The game is designed and balanced around alliances being 30 members. As a single player in an alliance I would expect to have as much success winning an alliance war as I would soloing a 10* titan.

4 Likes

There is a simple fix solution that will sort this out, that I have suggested before and I am not sure why it has not been implemented up until now.

Just make the alliance points equal to 2000 multiplied by the number of members in the alliance, devided by 30. It will balance everything out.

Currently it’s punishing the alliances that are not entering the war with full 30 members and that’s dumb.

@Petri

1 Like

Alliance wars were designed for full and mostly full alliances to battle each other. You having “scoring issues” because your alliance chose to only have 1 person set a defense and participate was not part of the design goals of Alliance Wars. Therefore, it’s a corner case and a situation not designed to be included in Alliance Wars. The devs shouldn’t have to muck around with the scoring to accommodate situations that the feature was not designed for. AW wasn’t designed to have a 7:1 ratio.

If I want to create an awesome motorcross cycle course, I’m not going to be inclined to change it all around because some doofuses show up with hotrods and can’t run the course. It wasn’t designed for that.

5 Likes

I am totally with you on this one Dante, AW is not for 1 player or 10 player alliances.

But I think this would be easy to implement, and really helpful.

Would also make it better for cases like my alliance we mostly face 30 active player alliances but we can’t seem to get 30 active players for us started first AW with 25 now at 27.

I am not complaing about the current scoring system (we won all our AW so far) but his idea is objectivly good ^^

I feel that alliances that aren’t full should have a disadvantage over those who are. That’s how a real war works - you don’t get bonus shots if you bring 5,000 troops to fight an army of 10,000 troops.

6 Likes

Dante, you may be right about devs intentions. I feel full alliances are in line with their business plan. However, this may not be how all the players feel.

I just think players that feel AW is unfair are right. I fault no one. Since there is no rule mandating membership, the unfairness will remain. Less than full alliances need to accept that or take it upon themselves to merge/grow.

Personally, I am a corner case being in a two member alliance. Happily.

Right, but the devs shouldn’t monkey around with something designed for 25-30 ppl for 1-2 ppl alliances.

here’s what I would do if I were in charge:

1. base matchmaking on the previously discussed “each player’s top 30 hero’s power sum” and then summed for the alliance. Call it AW Power Score

2. anyone putting out a AW defense must put out 5 heroes and none of them can be less than 50% of your highest hero’s power unless that’s all you have.

3. add opt out buttons for alliances that don’t want to participate. POSSIBLY add opt out buttons for individuals who don’t want to. They wouldn’t count in the AW Power score but also can’t participate at all.

These items would eliminate 98% of the b****ing and moaning people have about the mechanics of AW - it would allow people who don’t want to play not to. It would disallow 1 hero or crap defense teams that would spoil the other alliance’s fun (i.e. if you don’t want to play properly, you have an opt out button now so use it). And it’s probably the best matching metric to give the most balanced match-ups, moreso than titan score or other stuff. It avoids people trying to game a system by having weaker members set crap defenses.

4 Likes

Not trying to cheat the system, as so many of you have accused me of. I was just trying to make the battle a little more fair, since my alliance only get 6 attacks to a possible 162 attacks against me, should all 27 players decide to join in. The battle has already ended, with a score of 10,001 to zero for me. Not sure why I did not get to keep my 700+ points, but I was given a score of zero with no rewards at all for participating. And I only was allowed to attack 3 times. The battle ended before I received 3 more attack flags…not sure why?

Did you feed your defense hero to another hero? If so, that is an automatic forfeit

4 Likes

Yes if you feed your defense hero, you’re automatically taken out of the war and if you’re the only player, that’s a loss.

1 Like

I am not bringing an alliance of 1 to a battle of 27 vs. 1. That is being done by the game creators. They are creating the matchups. They should find another single player to battle against me, or else disallow the single player matchups. I would be fine with 3 vs. 1; but 27 vs. 1 is just totally ridiculous. Last week I was matched up against an alliance of 28!
I am only complaining because the matchup system is broken, and I would like to see it made more fair…

What I see

24 vs 17
53k vs 42k
More than 5 players with more power than the best player
Less attacks with less chances to score points

Those demanding full alliances, SG should care about player inflow. And those will not always look for full alliances. Disincentives for not full alliances will hurt as players won’t stay if you just get such features helping the old being satisfied. Further, smaller armies are able to win, but here.

I agree that a minimum number of players should participate in war.

Looking at it quickly, it almost seems like the Alliance with 17 players recently lost a few members. :confused:

1 Like

You’re in an alliance by yourself. There are very few active alliances with only a few players who actually play.

However, my “if I were in charge” items would take care of that with total hero power.

But there’s no current way to NOT get you matched up with more than a few people.

1 Like

Why there everyone says 2000 points for alliance? I counted myself 2 times and there never were exact that number, was 2066 and 2034. Also sometimes you can notice thar for example 3480 power team you receive 74 total points, but for 3420 team 78 total points… How they share …? Red. Just counted again - 2026 points. Also team with 3513 power cost 68, with 3457 cost 72. Only one example of many.

The entire alliance is worth APPROXIMATELY 2000 points, divided between the total number of players based on their ranking (not sure if that is team power, cups, or some combination). By the time they divide everything proportionately and then round to whole numbers, it is usually a bit higher. It will never be lower.

1 Like

exactly, there’s a bit of rounding going on the dividing up the points + bonus points, as well as I think when you partially kill a team.

also the points are NOT based on team power, but team hit points. The reason some more powerful teams are worth fewer points is that they use the mana troops, which give a healing bonus rather than a hit point bonus like the crit troops.

2 Likes

Hp explains some, will need to check that later. I could be wrong, but as i remember devs was telling about power in alliance war introduction.