War score should be less effected by your war history

Win rare

I admit war matchmaking is broken ( Gryphonkit, my wife, has a 100% win rate as a solo war player, but that is another rant ) but there are only two situations where game designers do not want a 50/50 win rate.

You are fighting a computer AND can select/ reroll your opponent. War is fighting live opponents.

You have a Elo based rating of 2700+ ( conversely losing more should only happen if you have Elo based rating of 750 or less ). SGG decided to go with might based matchmaking even though countless game designers have discovered this is a bad idea because players are gorram frakking GOOD at exploiting loopholes.

War

There have been a lot of suggestions to make war more interesting ( one of my current favorites is after a loss, you can pick the allowable color for center heroes - opponents’ and yours - in the next war ), but the bottom line is live player versus live player will always be less than ideal because it is millions of players versus less than 100 designers and a dumb AI for matchmaking.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

1 Like