War/Raid Defense idea: Formations

Okay, don’t know if this has been suggested before, but had a thought on how to make defense team setup more strategic, and require more awareness/planning out of attackers. Institute formations.

What I mean by this is NOT to allow crazy custom formations. Which would require a crazy amount of coding ad allow some truly trash setups, such as stacking all to one side. I am talking about some of the formation setups that already exist in the game on 5-monster stages. For example:

Standard:
O. . . .O
…O. .O
. . .O

Inverted:
. . .O
…O. .O
O. . . .O

Front 2:
O…O…O
…O…O

Front 3:
…O…O
O…O…O

I just think this would allow a lot more versatility in defense team setup, and require more thinking from an attacker than your basic “stack tank weak element”. Also, since these formations already exist, might not be as hard to include this feature. To keep things fair, you could have the formation the defenders are using shown on the battle confirmation screen. Or alternatively, if you just wanted to make things interesting, you could keep that as unannounced info, thereby reducing the advantage an attacker has. After all, there is usually a way to rematch, if you got wiped due to unexpected formation. The only time in my mind that it would be unfair to leave exact formation a mystery would be for raid tournaments, as a limited number of losses will knock you out of a tournament. In war, hidden formations would also encourage more teamwork and communication. This would result in a natural, completely fair benefit to the alliances who actually communicate and work together closely during wars.

Whether or not formation type is easily visible or hidden, I think this would be an AMAZING addition, adding so much more strategy, planning, and variety to make viable teams with.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Alternate defense formations - Please add your ideas and comments here!

A vote has been moved.