War participation calculation error

My war chest tells me my war participation is only 50%. This is almost certainly an error.

Currently, there are 10 points in my war chest. I missed this current AW. I participated in the previous 3, so starting from the most recent: Thu 1/12 drew = 3 points, Sun 27/11 lost = 1 point, Thu 24/11 won = 5 points. Total 9 points = 90% participation.

So, I raised the issue with support and they claimed that I participated in another alliance’s AW. Firstly, I was careful when popping out not to get caught in the matchmaking period. Second, even if there was an accident, the maths do not add up.

Say I accidentally disqualified myself during the last AW (1/12), so all my points would be disqualified and my participation would be 0%. Disqualification the AW before that (27/11), I would still retain the 3 points for the draw in the last AW = 30% participation. The AW before that (24/11) and I would still get 4 points = 40%.

No sequence of disqualification gives 50% war participation! Therefore, I think there is a bug in the war participation calculation.

1 Like

This 50% War participation can only be happen if the system is not registered you in these two wars:

And as you have written you have not participated in 1 other war where you lost.

War matchmaking is not happening at the same time for all alliances.
So even if you returning to your alliance before matchmaking in your alliance you could be still matchmaked in another alliance.

Buy you can keep asking Support about which war they thing you are matchmaked in another alliance.

1 Like

However, the algorithm is that they disqualify all the points the moment you participate in another alliance’s AW. So if the system disqualified me from the 1/12 AW, all my points would be wiped out. Disqualification from the 27/11 AW, all my points except the draw would be wiped out. Like I said, no sequence of disqualification would give 50%. Ergo, bug.

You can try to ask support about how this participation is calculated.
And you can ask what war they thing you have participated and which does not.

Well, I asked support whose two replies were completely unhelpful. Told me what I already knew, that if I participated in another alliance’s AW, my points will be reset.

So, I pointed out that the maths did not add up, even if I did, which I was sure I didn’t. And they just repeated the same message. Unfortunately, I did not screen shot the reply before it disappeared. Is support a bot?

When you see some name then those answer are coming from real person, but it seems they have “template” answers so they can may send you the same message for vaious problems.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Sorry. I meant they might as well be a bot! :smile:

I had an issue this summer when I opted out of a war the chest calculated the carry over like 22/27 and reduced my loot, it takes ALOT of back and forth with support to get someone to actually read the problem and respond, all I got was a flask trio for my efforts, hopefully yours is better.

Mystery solved. I missed this detail: “You need to score at least 1 point in a war for War Chest points to be counted towards your participation rate.”

When I do not have time to complete an AW, I quit immediately after starting battles, so end with 0 points. So even though the alliance gets 1 point for a defeat, I get 0 points for participation. Explains how my participation rate keeps going down!

Thanks. Unfortunately, I think this was my mistake, so not going to get anything for my efforts!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.