šŸ¼ War of Three Kingdoms (W3K) Feedback Polls

Feedback Polls ā€“ War of Three Kingdoms (W3K)

Please see this thread for information & general discussion: šŸ¼ [Master] -- War of 3 Kingdoms GLOBAL BETA -- Discussion & Information Thread

Note 1: I have moved the polls to a unique thread to make it more visible & easier to find :slight_smile:.

Note 2: These polls are just my own; SGG donā€™t actually have any direct affiliation towards themā€¦ There are no guarantees that anything will come of the feedback left here

Note 3: The list of questions is in no way comprehensive. If you have other feedback or something needs additional information/ clarification, please add a comment to this thread.

:interrobang: The Questions :interrobang:

:question::one: ā€“ What are your general thoughts on W3K

Note this is relating to the event itselfā€¦ NOT the success/ failure of the Global Beta. See Question 3 for that.

• Loved It
  • Liked It
  • Was OK
  • Didnā€™t Like it
  • Hated it.

0 voters

:question::two: ā€“ So what do you rate it out of 10?

Note: this is the feature; not about how the Global Beta went. 10 = Amazing, 1 = Horrendous.

0 voters

:question::three: ā€“ How do you think the ā€œGlobal Betaā€ went?

• Great
  • Well
  • Ok
  • Poorly
  • Trainwreck

0 voters

:question::four: ā€“ How would you rate the Global Beta out of 10?

Note: this is the Global Beta itself; not about the feature itself. 10 = Amazing, 1 = Horrendous.

0 voters

:question::five: ā€“ Would you like to see a repeat Global Beta?

• Yes
  • No
  • Donā€™t Care
  • Undecided

0 voters

:question::six: ā€“ What do you think was the biggest failing of Global Beta?

• Server Failure
  • Warband allocation issues
  • Overlapping timeline with Alliance Wars
  • Overlapping timeline with Tavern of Legends
  • No Preparation Phase
  • Shortened Day 1 of Battle Phase

0 voters

:question::seven: ā€“ Which Kingdom did you get assigned to?

• Wu
  • Wei
  • Shu

0 voters

:question::eight: ā€“ What did you think of the Warband matching?

Meaning, your thoughts about your warband members.

• Good ā€“ Fairly Even Strength & Depth with a mix of random people
  • Bad ā€“ Wanted more split between top & bottom member power
  • Bad ā€“ Wanted to be paired with less ā€œrandomsā€ and more people I knew
  • Was OKā€¦

0 voters

:question::nine: ā€“ What do you think of the size of the Warbands?

Currently set to 100 people per warband.

• Good ā€“ 100 people
  • Bad ā€“ Too many
  • Bad ā€“ Not enough
  • Donā€™t Care

0 voters

---

:question::one::zero: ā€“ What improvements would you like to be made to your Warband Chat?

• Automatic Translation
  • Paired only with people of same base-language
  • Featured Message
  • Less People
  • More message history
  • ā€œSlow Modeā€
  • Other ā€“ comment below

0 voters

:question::one::one: ā€“ What did you think of skirmish matchmaking?

I.e. Your opponent.

• Good
  • Ok
  • Bad
  • Non-fussed/ No opinion.

0 voters

:question::one::two: ā€“ What do you think of the gameplay?

i.e. the fights themselves.

• Good ā€“ No war buffs or raid formations; a Homage to the OG raiding days!
  • OK
  • Boring ā€“ Needed something to spice it up!

0 voters

:question::one::three: ā€“ What do you think of the scoring?

Individual, warband, kingdom etcā€¦ Note I am just showing Individual as the other scoringā€™s fall out from individual scores.

• Good ā€“ made sense & numbers were of suitable magnitude
  • Bad ā€“ Didnā€™t make sense/ not explained
  • Bad ā€“ Individual Scoring was too small/ large
  • Bad ā€“ Individual Scoring didnā€™t encourage ā€œcleansā€
  • Bad ā€“ Individual Scoring didnā€™t encourage ā€œOne-Shotsā€

0 voters

:question::one::five: ā€“ What do you think would be appropriate INDIVIDUAL loot?

Note this is just for your individual performanceā€¦ What loot types should be included without over-emphasising Individual Performance at the detriment of team & kingdom performance?
Pick up to 4 options.

• Aethers
  • Emblems
  • 4* Ascension Materials
  • 3* Ascension Materials
  • 2 & 1* Ascension Materials
  • 4* Crafting Materials
  • 3* Crafting Materials
  • 2 & 1* Promotion Materials
  • Loot Tickets
  • Trainer Heroes
  • Trainer Troops
  • Tomes {Experience, Golden Emblems, Ascension)
  • Food / Iron Bundles
  • Food / Iron (raw)

0 voters

:question::one::six: ā€“ what do you think would be appropriate SKIRMISH loot?

Note this is just for the outcome of the skirmish (win, lose or draw)ā€¦ What loot types should be included without over-emphasising the Outcome at the detriment of Individual, Team & Kingdom performance?
Pick up to 4 options.

• Aethers
  • Emblems
  • 4* Ascension Materials
  • 3* Ascension Materials
  • 4* Crafting Materials
  • 3* Crafting Materials
  • Loot Tickets
  • Trainer Heroes
  • Trainer Troops
  • Food / Iron Bundles
  • Food / Iron (raw)

0 voters

:question::one::seven: ā€“ what do you think would be appropriate WARBAND loot?

Note this is just for your WARBAND performance vs. other warbands in the kingdomā€¦ What loot types should be included without over-emphasising Team Performance at the detriment of Individual performance?
Pick up to 4 options.

• Aethers
  • Emblems
  • 4* Ascension Materials
  • 3* Ascension Materials
  • 4* Crafting Materials
  • 3* Crafting Materials
  • Loot Tickets
  • Trainer Heroes
  • Trainer Troops
  • Food / Iron Bundles
  • Food / Iron (raw)

0 voters

:question::one::eight: ā€“ what do you think would be appropriate KINGDOM loot?

Note this is just for your KINGDOMā€™s overall performanceā€¦ What loot types should be included without over-emphasising Team Performance at the detriment of Individual performance?
Pick up to 4 options.

• Aethers
  • Emblems
  • 4* Ascension Materials
  • 3* Ascension Materials
  • 4* Crafting Materials
  • 3* Crafting Materials
  • Loot Tickets
  • Trainer Heroes
  • Trainer Troops
  • Food / Iron Bundles
  • Food / Iron (raw)

0 voters

Other Thoughts/ Discussion Questions

Add your thoughts & commetns to this thread if you have some/ any :slight_smile:

Please limit your feedback to one comment each; and limit it to the one MAJOR piece of feedback you have :slight_smile:

40 Likes

Loot Polls

Please note that SGG have stated that the loot awarded is NOT FINAL. It is simply a placeholder for the Global Betaā€¦ After all, wouldnā€™t want anyone unfairly advantaged/ disadvantaged due to issues in the gameplay, matching and such.

For what your desired Loot would be for each type, please see Questions 15-19 in the OP

:question: What was your take on the ā€œPlaceholderā€ loot for the War of Three Kingdoms

• Suitable for a ā€œBetaā€ run
  • ā€œGood Golly Gosh I really hope this isnā€™t finalā€
  • Poor/ Mockery
0 voters

Unused Flags

This seems to be a recurring topic in the feedback below. Following three questions relate to that.

:question: How Many Unused Flags were in your warband?

• 1-5
  • 5-10
  • 10-20
  • 20-50
  • 50-100
  • 100+
0 voters

:question: How Many unused flags were in your OPPOSING warband?

• 1-5
  • 5-10
  • 10-20
  • 20-50
  • 50-100
  • 100+
0 voters

:question: What would you like to happen to people leaving flags behind?

• No Loot
  • Reduced Loot (scaling based on # flags unused)
  • Banned from next W3K
  • Assigned a ā€œpenaltyā€ which accumulates for future W3K; after getting {x} they can not participate in {y} W3K
  • Other (comment)
0 voters

Stay tuned; thereā€™s still 1x more ā€œplaceholderā€ comment where I will probably summarise the many suggestions in this topic (comments) and add another poll with multiple choices.

13 Likes

Placeholder 2 ā€“ additional polls (if needed)

In hindsight I probably could have made this a google form heyā€¦ Oh well haha

13 Likes

Really liked large warband. Lots of battle opportunities when logged on and missed flags will probably be similar all around.

10 Likes

If the server issue is of any indication, its obvious this quest is a FAIL. Your IT Dept isnt qualified to handle such an influx of gamers. Beta, great, they used to pick gamers for beta. They threw us to the wolves. Yes, its beta but imo, a horrible idea. No unit cohesion tanking, no flank cohesion, no wing cohesion. This is junk. Its like we combied raids and alliance wars with no language translation. Im not paid to play this game; i play it when i poop in the a.m.

9 Likes

Have to say, itā€™s not unenjoyable; I liked the varied tanks and decent matchmaking. Iā€™m just failing to see the point of it; surely alliance wars require strategy/coordination, maybe leadership, at least a feeling of teamwork.

This had none of that for me, and without further variance from regular wars other than ONE HUNDRED instead of 30, I wonder how itā€™ll maintain interest. Hoping itā€™s not yet another opportunity wasted, to introduce formations/different rules/elemental strength etc to a meaningful event.

If itā€™s going to be chaos, make it unique chaosā€¦

Canā€™t fault them for the RNG team names thoughā€¦!

24 Likes

You need to add the ability Watch matches

11 Likes

This has itā€™s own general thread on that topic; not specific to W3K really: Idea: Ability to watch war fights in progress [MASTER]

4 Likes

alliance wars are usually one of the things i like the least about the game, especially at the moment, but W3K seemed like it would be fun when i first heard about itā€“until i saw the beta reports that it was basically like alliance war without the War Supports and over 48 hours instead of 24. only six flags means i basically use my usual teams instead of an unlimited flag pool or something that would give me a reason to use more of my roster strategicallyā€“which would be warranted with 100 targets to select from!

overall, just blah.

8 Likes

I really love the idea of these wars, but Iā€™m not thrilled with the matchmaking. I think Iā€™d prefer 3 alliances vs 3 alliances. 90 vs 90. Have each alliance matched with two other alliances as one warband. It would be easier to organize, youā€™d get the experience of meeting 60 other players, and it would still be a big war. One of the things that I saw in this war was it was very disorganized. Lots of mops left behind for others to clean up, smaller players trying to hit larger targets, and no strategy. By pairing full alliances with each other they can each use their own general war strategies and make it feel more organized but still play with others and maybe learn a few new strategies.

I would really prefer that these kingdom wars not to run concurrent with regular war.

Just my thoughts.

60 Likes

Honestly it was hard to really evaluate because of the server crashes. I went straight into war, no prep time. That was very unfortunate, took away the possibility of building team unity, strategize with teammates and general networking. My opinion could change drastically with a matchmaking set-up phase. Think this event is very promising but itā€™s roll out was really quite an epic failure.

10 Likes

To be honest, this is probably the suggestion I have seen float around that I like the most.

As you said, it lends a couple key advantages over completely random matchmaking:

1. You have better control over communications

2. You get another cooperative gameplay with your friends (alliance mates)

3. More cohesion on the battlefieldā€¦ both in terms of the teams fielded, expectations with regards to kills vs. cleans and timing.

4. Get to create / expand your network of ā€œfriendsā€ and allies in game.

The biggest detriment I can see is when there are alliances which are not at 30/30 membersā€¦

34 Likes

I hope they can implement a system that allows pairing for people that speak the same language. Before the preparation phase, simply have a list with the supported languages and a player can choose one.
Please add 6 more flags in the next event. Having to do 6 cleanups with 6 one-shot teams wasnā€™t pleasant.

17 Likes

I think they need to display unread chat counts just like they do on alliance chat. Currently we do not know if there are any chat if we donā€™t enter the war itself. This need to be displayed in home base page so people will remember that there is this event going on and do not forget to use their flags.

7 Likes

With this being 100 vs 100. I think itā€™s time to have more than 6 flags. With the size of what is going on you canā€™t run this on the same timeline as regular war. Maybe more time for prep. Since you are dealing with 100 people from around the globe.
Maybe have the fighting over 4 days with 12 flags in all.
Letā€™s face it most players level 60+ have over 30 maxed 5*. With the flags it would give people the chance to get the old rusty hero of the bench.

11 Likes

The biggest problem with so many members on each team is there is no communication and the fact that individuals just want to OS everything even if they fail. All my flags were used as cleans which is rather depressing.

5 Likes

I like the idea of multiple alliances fighting together.

We talked about this today in our warband. Cleans sit there and people wonā€™t clean their own mess often because of the possibility of individual rewards. The reason? You donā€™t know most of the people you end up with so who cares if you refuse to do cleans, there is no penalty for it.

Overall, itā€™s just ok. Not anything Iā€™ll be dying to see again.

6 Likes

I think the happy space would be maybe 70 a side.

And I really wanted some sort of war rules. But different to normal war, really mix it up

Obviously server issues werenā€™t great but honestly as expected and I hope thatā€™s given them the data they needed.

All things as they are Iā€™d definitely play it again

9 Likes

Was thinking one of the biggest issue isnā€™t communication, but language barrier.

What if W3K Skirmish pools people from the same region/local? Since EP has Leaderboard of Global and Local, donā€™t think itā€™s hard to pool people from the same country/region since they had that data? That would still serves the purpose skirmish but rather with ā€œsimilarā€ faces I guess?

If the above were to be considered, then 100 v 100 would still be okay.

Server wise, understandable as this has never been roll out before. Would probably take 2 tries to be stable; similar to when Tourney was first launched.

1 Like