War matchmaking strikes again

Enhancing defense is very hard, nearly impossible. Its all about offense.
As a former alliance leader with great and crazy wars i have some ideas for you:

A good start would be to find a solution for cleaning strikes. A typical problem often is that nobody wants to “clean” an opponent because he says “my teams are too strong for that”.

One way could be to force your members to clean after he missed an attempt.

Another COULD be to take some of your weaker players and let them use all war flags only to clean enemies and not attack full opponents.
Those players should be very active players, AND it should be mentionned very often that they play a very very important role in wars, because the help the “strong players” to strike with full force on full opponents.

Third thing would be to skip some hard defenses and use the respawn timers of opponents correctly. It would take too long to explain every detail here.

4th tip: leaders should keep an eye on players that regulary have trouble reaching good scores in war. It takes a lot of experience, especially with the new field aids.
I personally struggle hard on the cleaning field aid, it some kind of kills my playstyle.

Using one ore more of my tips, can improve your war outcomes.

1 Like

Wait, is that an option? I missed that checkbox! Count me in! #BabySealWarMatchup

(removes tongue from cheek)

I am sorry but this is quite fair, we have a 24 man war with 12 players whose defenses range from 3.3 to 3.8K TP, the other 12 vary from 4.0 to 4.6K TP. In some wars we do not have a single opponent below 3.8k TP. We still have a good win ratio.

Fairly. This is a word the game does not have in its terminology.

Very amusing thread.

Mimimi, our war opponents are too strong. SG has to fix it. We cry if we lose.

Sharpen your axes and attack :wink:

1 Like

Complain. This is a word that you and some other players have in their terminology on speed dial

Thanks for advice @Enni.
Three gamers work for clean. Actually we apply your advice. The difference between us and the rival team is troop levels. We troops levels low more than rival team troops.

So the best attack is defense. We have to raise troops levels.

I thought this was going to be one of those matchups to teach us a lesson, and bring us back down where we belong. Some call it - unfair matchmaking process. Our rival was much more experienced: their average level was 60, ours is 51. At this level of playing, it usually means significantly deeper rosters. At least I’d expect that from those 5 players above lvl 70 (our “oldest” player is lvl 63). Their 14 players above lvl 60 agains us: 2 x lvl63, 2 x lvl60 and bellow.

At first glance, their defence teams looked superior as well: avg tp 4440 vs. avg tp 4270.

However, this was the final score, with the same number of unused flags (5).

Bottom line, it’s not all in numbers. There’s something in strategy and the quality of game play. Looking just at numbers this shouldn’t be a fair matching. But obviously, we perform a bit better than expected overall, while other team is performing a bit worse than it should for whatever reason.
One day we’ll be matched against the team that will wipe the floor with us… But you know what? That’s ok. It’s ok to be challenged, even if it means a terrible loss.

2 Likes

This is just a bug, a delay in the game refresh, it goes away in no time.

The entire alliance we fought and beat today were all chronic cup droppers and I had to wonder why they don’t raid if they cant win against a technically inferior alliance

Maybe they’re not cup droppers by choice :rofl:

1 Like

Cookie Settings