War matchmaking strikes again

Fighting weaker teams is similar, but they aren’t doing it by making themselves weaker like a cup dropper would.

You could argue that the cup dropper can replace their defense with a stronger one, but that is only temporary. They must weaken their defense to go back down again.

war manipulators do not need to expose a bad defensive team. They get the benefit of weaker opponents AND a sturdy defense. That I deal is the difference.

2 Likes

But the midstate is the same. Both are people looking for an advantage versus actually using skill to gain wwhat they want. Yeah I wanna feel my raid chest but never has it crossed my mind to lower my defense and bully lower tiers of people. Doesnt matter what defense team you use you gonna get raided and lose unless you in the top 100 so I see what you are saying but I dont agree as you simply could fill.your chest at your level. Rapid raid filling isnt gonna help.you fight teams your level.in wars so now you are taking away from your teamates because how can you perform at your level if all you do is run from it?

I personally don’t cup drop because I can compete in the top tier with a very high win rate. Others, however, want the 5 easy kills with no risk of losing. This does fill the raid chest faster.

This doesn’t help you get better at wars. You are right. That is why I revenge everyone regardless of strength to test my versatility. Not everyone is like you and I in that regard. To each their own here.

You may be right that cup dropping makes You less skilled in war. I won’t argue that, but that’s a different topic.

I still disagree that it is bullying. That is a strong word nowadays.

I enjoyed the little back and forth. Time to feed the horses. Have a good rest of your day!!

2 Likes

Never really thought about cup dropping as being the same issue. In essence, I guess you’re right. It’s kinda the same thing.

1 Like

I cup drop only when RNG had thrown me on its sh!t list and delivered me into the hands of 20 straight lower-rated opponents without a single victory. I won’t place a bad defense up because I don’t want just anybody to take cups away from me. I want to have control on who I let have my cups, so I just completely throw the raids by attacking opponents that will drop me over 40 trophies, then I beat 4 of the 5 enemies towards the raid chest, and then I flee before beating the 5th one because at this point RNG is trying to be sympathetic by allowing me to beat an opponent I shouldn’t be paired with anyways.

So once I’m a good 700 trophies below where I should be, I allow a cooling off period to commence where I refrain from participating in raids for seven days even if it’s in the middle of a chest (because the rewards from raid chests suck anyways unless you’re in Diamond Arena, so it’s not like I’m missing out). After seven days, I work my way back up targeting only opponents with a higher rated team power or team cost because even less 700 trophies, I always still draw 4000+ team power defenses with over 2300 trophies while looking up from the top of Gold Arena. Sometimes, the game gets to me, and I have to take a break especially when my real life circumstances suck too.

1 Like

I have never lost 20 matches in a row even when j was new, so I’m gonna say that if thisnisnjappening regularly you may wanna talk to some people about your builds, show some footage of some footage of some matched on line, get help from the people who enjoy doing it cause that’s just not normal, I very rarely lose three I a row anymore and it’s usually to people with +30 troops and + 15 emblems or more. Which that’s fine because I know where my teams stand at this point and what i need to work on.

Thanks for this point of view because most cup droppers I meet intentionally set low teams to go after “easier” chest refills and that’s just not right to be willing to bully and confuse new players just for your own benefit. I here people say the game stresses them out but in all actuality you simply need to be willing to listen. A game is supposed to represent a challenge not supposed to be easy, and that what I love about this game, every single time ingo into a battle I can win or lose and depending on the board and my builds I can own good boards and survive bad ones. Learning to survive bad boards will benefit you the most In this game as it requires a different style of building and fighting which will get you further in events and ares to farm.much needed supplies.

Thank you for this it is definitely a point of view I hadnt considered.

It’s not a regular occurence. But when it happens, it’s noticeable.

As stated never had that many losses in a row and if you have line I can attach you to some people where you can show your roster and possible get some trial set ups for some revenges you have in your tower. Our main goal is to make sure everyone is having fun, once some people can look at how you are running your teams you may be surprised at how easy it is to get you more W’s. Good luck to you out there :slight_smile:

At least with cup dropping you have minimal impact on others, but with war shuffling you have a greater negative impact on a whole team of other players. (Not that I’m a fan of cup dropping, but not as big a deal imho)

1 Like

I hear what you guys are saying but I’m just not a fan if higher level players attacking lower level players in any situation. This used to cause massive problems in the mmo world till we literally had to have whole allaince of people whose job all day was to stop players from pking other players.

1 Like

I don’t feel bullied by cup dropping or that war strategy, you win on one side but lose on another. For that war strategy you need some allies to go with it too, that have the same mindset and don’t wanna fight titans higher than 5stars or so. Would be a nice alliance name then „the cup-dropping bullies“ or „some like the challenge - we don’t“ :grinning:

2 Likes

Why play a game if you dont like the challenge you would simply not raid and opt out of war but instead you chose to find a way to bullly on low people, but you right, it takes a group of jerks getting together to harass as many people as they can then say the same kind of crap that you are saying now. If you don’t tthink this strategy says a whole ton about the character of these individuals remember these same people.have to work with people in the real world and I promise they are not out saving the whales

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far and call them bad people, just lazy and misguided :upside_down_face: but you’re definitely right about saving whales, they’re saving gems for their 107th Balthazar, kharma gets everyone :laughing:

2 Likes

I will say regarding war match-making seeing how our alliance went from winning 7 out of every 10 wars to now losing 5 straight that I believe that we may have ascended to the very bottom of a higher bracket of alliances, and now we can’t compete. Don’t know how many more we have to lose before being dropped back down a division (like in college football) so we can face alliances more to our level, but I have no doubt it will be a good while.

1 Like

This is all BS there is no formula they arent even close in the matchmaking its just if you are lucky you get a team close what a joke

Again, my entire alliance only started playing about a month ago…with exception of one (she has played for years)

Anyway, it does seem we win a few matchups and then the matchup gets too strong for us and it doesn’t back off fast enough. It’s almost like the buildup of challenge needs to be slower and the back off much stronger.

I am advising our alliance to get a nice even set of 6 rainbows. Fine to boost the A team but not at the expense of a 1* F team. Am I thinking about this right?

I also wonder if because our alliance rank is so low, we are just in the ranking tiers of “everyone else”…

You want to get to 30 good heroes for wars eventually but you want to be working on 5 at a time (one per colour) and not 30 all at once. It is more efficient overall for the game as a whole. Your first set will give you a strong defense to use, then you build up your second set to provide more depth, and so on.

1 Like

other games I have played addressed this type of issue by adding a cool down period for joining an alliance. when you leave your alliance you can’t immediately join another. you have to wait 24 or 48 hours to join another alliance.
I’m still fairly new to this game. not sure how big of an issue this is in E &P but that’s how other games “fixed” this issue

2 Likes

Solution…New alliances cannot compete in wars for 30 day post formation, (or 50 days).

After the 30 days the alliances titan level could be taken into consideration for their war starting level.

Would be suckish for genuine people setting up new alliances, but migh discourage teams currently exploiting this game play.

1 Like

We’ve run into this a couple times lately too. Seems a simple solutiion is to change the calculation for new teams from +0 to +5, or whatever the midpoint is for wins vs. losses in war. If you win, it goes to 6, if you lose it goes to 4. If we can go up to +10 in wins, then 5 will be a much fairer starting point (middle of the road, rather then beginning of the road).