War matchmaking question

@SADERSpanda I don’t think there’s much more to offer, but thought I’d tag you anyway for your insight.

2 Likes

Thanks Kaffy! I’m just trying to figure out exactly where my alliance currently is in the whole “win/loss” thing… because after losing our last war to an overpowered team by a significant margin, I was hoping for an easier fight this time… but this one looks like it could be even worse, because current opponent reset their alliance 2 weeks ago.

That tells me that a new fresh alliance that is higher power than mine, even after a few wins of their own, is still within range of being matched up against mine… so our old win/loss ratio must still be haunting us somehow, otherwise it would make zero sense at all for us to be matched against this team… it’s not like there aren’t lower leveled opponents with only 9 warring members, there are - we’ve fought them before. And beat them. So now we’re stuck with this :poop: in the meantime, until we “lose enough” to get an even match again… how many do we have to lose in order to restore balance to the force? Your guess is as good as mine. :man_shrugging:

I wouldn’t be too worried about a 50% win ratio. Or even a streak in either direction. Play them all to win I say, and tip yourself hat if you lose.

It looks like SGG is looking at individual war scores. That would address the war jumper issue, which you may have hit.

But I’d look at it this way. They are sacrificing so much from a titan loot perspective. Give them their war win and laugh as you fave 8*-10* titans (or whatever) and they face 4*. L

I never got why people do this. You sacrifice loot for an easier battle? Maybe I’m crazy, but that’s not my style.

4 Likes

I get it, and we always do play to win. Most of the teams we’ve beaten have had higher level players than us, we only won because they didn’t use all of their flags.

(why any alliance wouldn’t use all war flags? heck if I know, but apparently there are a lot of them out there who don’t for whatever reason)

Of course that explains why we keep getting stronger and stronger opponents. Because majority of our opponents are lazy. And that’s just annoying on so many levels. I love winning, especially against a higher level opponent. But knowing that the only reason we won is because some of them called in sick? And then as a result, our next opponent is going to be even stronger? That’s not cool. I’d rather fight a team that was equally matched with mine, who put in 100% effort like we do. Even though at that point the outcome would probably mostly be determined by RNG… at least it was a fair fight and both sides fought their hardest.

I would have great respect for any team at our own level who was able to beat us. I would personally congratulate them myself if I could. Like, “damn, good game!” But when our opponents overpower us so much that they can just lazily come in and one shot all of our teams, use 4/6 flags and log off and still win by 1000 points? That’s @#$%.

I know they’re sacrificing titan loot, but that doesn’t make me feel any better about the situation. They’ve decided to be a warring / not caring about titans alliance that resets themselves after every 5 wars. It’s very little consolation to me that they’ve sacrificed their own titan loot in order to screw me out of my war loot.

Same as I don’t understand why some people get mad when SG gives every player compensation for something, even if not everyone was personally affected… why would I get mad that someone else got free emblems for doing nothing? Flip side of that, why would I be happy knowing that someone else is denying themselves titan loot by alliance flipping? I just want a fair war where everybody tries. Win or lose.

Really hope they implement an individual war score system, that would probably solve this entire issue.

1 Like

I’ve been championing this for months. Would be great to see implemented.

2 Likes

In case you haven’t seen this.

3 Likes

Thank you! Didn’t realize a staff member had directly addressed this recently. Kinda thought it was one of the hundreds of requests on here that get swept under the rug.

I shall remain hopeful then that this situation will end up resolving itself in one of the (hopefully soon) future updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not asking for easy wins. Just a fair fight. I enjoy wars. But not when I have to use 3 flags to take down one team while they’re one shotting mine.

3 Likes

100% :+1:

And as a few others have pointed out, there’s a loophole to keep getting high titan kills too.

So the argument that they’re just hurting themselves in the long run is decidedly hollow when some of them are still getting decent titan loot too.

1 Like

The loophole of keeping 2 alliances open and jumping back and forth, you mean? Yep, I know that trick.

It’s just really annoying to me when my alliance is like…

“Okay, we’re behind right now, but if we can kill these last teams, we’ll get a reset and we’ll be ahead! So team A, I want you to tank bust that guy! Team B, follow up with a clean. Team C, use your red stack on that team, hopefully you’ll get a good board. Otherwise, team A or B can follow up with a cleanup. Team D, go for what’s remaining on that other one…”

several flags later

“Woohoo! Nice job team! Great reset! We’re now 300 points ahead!”

opponent’s highest level member logs on with 6 war flags, proceeds to one shot 6 of our teams in 5 minutes, scores 1000 points and logs off

:neutral_face:

“Ooookay… so now we’re 700 points behind… but… that’s okay… I guess… anyone have any flags left? I have one… anybody else? Nobody? Huh. Okay then. Well, um… good job team, great teamwork and uh… well, there’s always next time?”

2 Likes

Yeah, it was great to see the response. I just hope that there is some dialogue before anything is implemented. So many folks on this forum have immense knowledge and great suggestions that it’d be a pity for the company not to better utilise these voices and varying perspectives.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seems about right!

1 Like

Honestly, just simply tying war win/loss ratios to individual players would probably solve most of the problem.

One potential “downside” of that is that bad players from winning alliances would be stuck with a higher war score that might make them a liability when moving to another alliance, but… well? Maybe people should be punished for not using all of their flags.

This is unnecessary

2 Likes

Yeah, Kaffy already pointed that out to me. I wasn’t sure if the issue was going to be fixed anytime soon, as that post got buried beneath the 1000s of alliance recruitments and Telly/Vela nerf stuffs. :grin:

I’m very happy to see that! Will be nice to return to somewhat normal wars again. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

It is by no means perfect

This is great to see.

I’ve been operating under the assumption that the devs don’t even post here anymore. Was very surprised to see them directly address the server outage, that was cool.

They should come chat with us more often. They can just put me on their block lists (if they haven’t already) so that they don’t have to read my nonsense. :smile:

(A guaranteed response from staff? - #9 by Gryphonknight)

I already posted there :wink:

Then it was pointed out to me that the idea might lose forum validity if I was seen actively supporting it.

2 Likes