War Loot is horrible. Why should we even bother fighting?

For me loot is and has been awful. But a few of our alliance have had decent ascension mats.
For us though it is the camaraderie that gets us all joining and having fun just as Rook has said.
The last war we even managed to reset them in the last few minutes of the war just for the fun :))

The purpose of Alliance War is to win. The loot is a secondary added bonus. If you don’t want to participate then you hurt the team. AW costs you nothing to play in terms of resources but you always get something in return and sometimes it’s items you may not have gotten otherwise playing the game regularly. I fail to understand why that is a bad thing and would deter you from wanting to participate?

I wouldn’t say so, because only for AW you need 30 maxed heroes. Without AW you could have not more than 10. It means additional resources for ascension.

1 Like

You don’t “need” 30 maxed heroes, unless you are striving for the top. As many alliances don’t have fully 5* teams, you can get along with less capable heroes.

I somewhat like AW - still prefer raiding. The only slight issue I have with it (besides not being very exciting) is the lowered value of revenge buffs due to revenge attacks.

I understand your point but wouldn’t you have used the resources on your heroes anyways regardless of whether or not you were participating? I use resources to level my heroes regardless of AW so I don’t see it as any additional cost .

Even 3* heroes require resources for full ascension, saying nothing with 4* and 5*. You do “need” 6 teams and if you are interested in the result you’d incest in the improvement of those teams.

As I said: without AW you can limit your squad to just 10 heroes, at most 15, to have extra hero of each color for stacking them. If you got more heroes you can keep them unascended to choose a best candidate for investing resources.

1 Like

We fight for the fun and camaraderie and the occasional rare item, like almost everything we do in this game.

Whether or not you need 30 fully maxed heroes depends on the kind of competition you meet, I wager?

I do pretty decently well with over 2/3 of my roster consisting of either maxed 3-stars or partially levelled (mostly 1, maybe 2 tiers) 4/5-stars. But that’s competing against alliances with 48k-ish titan scores.

Even all the way at the top in 7DD, I have 27 70s and 80s, but I typically use a team of 50s and almost 60s for cleanups and it works great (let’s me mix and match better in my first 4 attacks). On my alt, I generally have 3 strong teams (all 70s) and 3 teams mixed up together of 50s, 60s, and unleveled 5 stars (i.e. 2nd Joon at 1/1) and while that usually is either slam into a full team and just try to kill the tank, or cleanup, my ragtag mixed group got 2/3 sceond-half one-shot kills on full teams due to some nice boards.

So even if you’re underpowered, there’s a lot of value to just killing or severely damaging the tank and often you get a nice board and wipe out more heroes than you planned.

2 Likes

Why even bother playing the game, if you don’t like playing the game? Why do you care about loot if you don’t like playing the game?

1 Like

Just 27? Shame on you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(whistles while looking at his non existing list of fully leveled 80s :smirk:)

While I’ve actually won a couple battles with just dropped 2* (well, the opposition wasn’t any better :D) , 3* don’t take all that resources to level. Adn you don’t need to make 5 attacks, you may as well do only a couple or three.

I don’t have a single maxed 80, although I do have a decent lineup of 4* at 70 (about 10) and did 682 points in my last battle. Yes, the opposition wasn’t much, but we (my alliance) aren’t all that powerful either - an easy win nonetheless.

So enjoy what you can play. Yes, AW loot should probably be better, but whatever.

If you take out a whole lot Alliance on the field is that 2,000 extra points

Well technically, it’s “roughly 2000 points” every time you slay the entire opponent group. So…Kill the whole group one time? +/-2000 points. Do it twice? 4000 points. Etc etc.