WAR is NOT close to fair

We have one player that is 4k, the next is 3600. We fought an alliance with 8 teams above 3800, 4 were 4k and won by 100 points. The rest of their teams were real close to ours.

1 Like

Its odd how many people are having the exact opposite experience than my alliance since the update. We were seeing horrible matches prior to update - like 5-6 of their members better than our best wasn’t unusual. Since the update all the matches have been close. 200 points difference in score or less at the end…which is a reasonable match.

2 Likes

There are many players. Those, like you and me, who have been seeing improvement since the latest update, have less incitement to speak up. The urge to complain is always stronger than the urge to praise; particularly when the praise would be for no longer messing up. :wink:

1 Like

It’s not about who has the higher hero rating, but who has deeper pockets with 4*

I play about three months and am maxing at the moment my 5* team (bought enough maths). In a month I’ll be one of those 4000+ players with only two solid teams. They probably had less 4s comparing to you.

1 Like

It just seems odd that there have been total flips. I was thinking maybe they were tracking win/loss prior to the last change and we were seeing the result of long win/loss streaks showing up in the current matches. But it doesn’t sounds like it after asking some questions.

Hopefully part of what SG is doing is gathering data from all of this so they can run heuristics to determine which way is best for the majority or better yet a way to adjust things so it has good match ups for all.

With large numbers and imperfect matching score systems, any significant change (and there were at least three significant ones) will produce, among other results, total flips.

What we’re seeing here is not the typical case. This is just a small fraction of the player base, and heavily biased towards complaining (since the urge to complain out loud is much stronger than the urge to shrug out loud or breathe a loud sigh of relief).

1 Like

In Tyler’s alliance here. He’s not joking, we had that 15 loss streak prior to the balancing. Since then we’ve had 1 easy win, 1 hard win, and 2 fairly balanced matches which we also won. Thanos would be pleased.

We are rated something like #2000 alliance in the game, probably fairly middle of the road for an alliance. I suspect we have a large sampling of potential opponents whereas the margins at the top or bottom may have problems in initial matchmaking. I also suspect, being the first war, there was likely a nil modifier assigned to your alliance and that may not have helped. You could have gone up against a struggling alliance on a 3 loss streak that just got their first win.

We went about two months on a dry spell. Hang in there and learn!!

3 Likes

@mhalttu - can you shed some light on the wins/losses and it’s impact in the new mechanic? We’ve lost 3 of 4 and got an (on paper) much stronger opponent coming up next (2 close ones, two not so much). Is it driven by recent or total results? I ask because we have won MOST of our wars up until recently.

Thanks, as always, for any clarification.

Alliance: Squirrel Brigade

We’ve seen the same thing, weak defences showing, I take out the top 3 opponents for 75, 69, 68 my 3 teams 3930, 3520, 3500, however, there second best player then hits one of our middle rankers his power 2500, he was 3480, his score was 78, what I can’t understand is how the points are allocated for slapping someone 1000 points lower than yourself whereas I took him down with just 40 power above for less. if that all makes sense, As far as I can see they’ve lowered there trophy levels to match against weaker opponents and then put weak teams out to lower the points available which then somehow then allows them to use a strong team and score highly as if they were much lower than they are.

I just wish I could speak russian then I could see how they all seem to manipulate the game play.

I have seen something similar. As I understand it, its all based on the ratio of the teams health as compared to the total health of the alliance. So if the 2500 health was a higher percentage of overall alliance health than their 3930 evidently.

Trophie level don’t effect matchmaking! Those aren’t counted at all. Or alliance score.

But there are something wrong with matchmaking still. Don’t know, if it that winning or losing rows or what.

Did you have the same number of participants in the field on both sides ?

Yes same numbers, this war is even better, top 4 players bigger than me rest of them showing around the 2500-3000 mark yet they still rank same as our lowly troop. Obviously there is someway of manipulating the algo they’ve used. I suppose if I dislike it too much I can go off and do something else.

1 Like

I agree that matchmaking for alliance wars are not fair. I’ve lost 2 members as of this war that we are in now. Start of war we had 18 flags and opponents 30 flags. In total 36 flags to their 60 flags not fair. I have never seen this happen before, my alliance is in an uproar over it and still not a response from my support ticket, Someone please explain to me how this is fair by any means…

When exactely did you loose your 2 members and how strong were they ?

Same as the field aid and arrow barrage, when i’m agsinst an rnemy no way all of s dudden arrows drop on me out of nothing. It’s to hide thr unfair part in wars. Besides, you don’t see the same happens to the enemy, they say it does but pretty sure it doesn’t
They are pretty ignorant to what players say or ask for. We are not the only ones

This is like the third 2018 topic I have seen today resurrected into 2020.

The wars are as fair as they can be for the number of available alliances that can be closely paired to yours. The only time wars are manipulated are by those few players that go around forming new alliances (with a now low War Score) with which to draw an opponent to whose @$$ they will probably kick, and then they will dissolve the alliance when the war is over and do it all over again for the next war.

As you can see, me and my team is currently getting curb-stomped by our opponent. We had no business being paired with them, but they are a long-established alliance, and sit on the high end of a bracket of alliances that we are on the low end of. We were beaten by 1200 points in the previous war. Eventually, we will lose enough to where we will be dropped back down to a higher end of a lower bracket of alliances.

2 Likes

Are you a flat earth believer or have you been in space and could see it was not flat? :smile:

The defense aids in war are in place because the attacker has such a huge advantage over the defender as you can see in raids!

And so out of the blue you come here and say SG is lying to to its players.
You do this without proof but you are “pretty sure”. :face_vomiting:

Pleae refrain in the future from spreading misinformation like that!!!

1 Like

Field aid and Arrow barrage make no sense, leave them out. I’m against my oponent all by myself and don’t need to get magically created arrows on my head.and field aid ha ha, yeah enemies heal all of a sudden. Even bi-directional it makes no sense.