WAR is NOT close to fair

This is the WORST pairing I have seen.
I am in a NEW alliance 1st war.
Our team is 10 people 9 active. We range from 0-1383 cups. or team score is 8475.
Their team 9 people. They range from 269-2175 cups their team score is 25344.
Our top team is Merlin 3/47, Skittleskull 3/60, Gormec 3/60, Grimm 3/60 and Drake Fong 2/60. 3003 power.
We have 1 other 5* in our alliance Vivica 1/42.
Theirs is Chau 4/70, Sabina 4/70, Boril 4/70, Caedmon 4/70 and Scarlett 4/70. 3454 power.
Now someone PLEASE tell me how my team has a chance???
That CRAP of they take the 30 best on each team and figure it that way does NOT fly. I THINK it is a bald faced LIE.
Stevie Wonder could see that dont hold water.

3 Likes

@Rohn - Do players in your alliance have enough extra heroes to make more than just 1 team? If so, itā€™s possible that your opponents donā€™t have as deep of war benches so their ā€˜alliance war scoreā€™ is lower than what their main teams make it look.

Just a thought as my alliance has run into that in past wars. When looking at our opponents main teams it looks like thereā€™s no way to win. Once we started the war, we realized they were quickly running out of teams while we still had teams to use. Granted, they werenā€™t much, but we chipped away at them. We pulled out several wins like this.

This may not be the case, but itā€™s a possibility :smile:

4 Likes

No I dont lol. 8 of the 9 actives i have acsess to :-). Mine and my grand kids. The 9th active is my son LOL. 1 of the actives cant battle as its not high enough level

Well, I guess thatā€™s not it then :tired_face: Was hoping that was the case since you would actually have a chance at clobbering them. LOL.

It might have something to do with the amount of members on your team. Thereā€™s supposed to be calculations that only allow a match Ā±1 or 2 (I think itā€™s 1 but donā€™t quote me!) eligible alliance members. Since you have 8 eligible players, you could only be matched to another alliance with 7, 8 or 9 members. That pool of alliance may be pretty small and may be throwing off the matching.

Iā€™ve also seen a report on the other end of the spectrum where alliances were getting outmatched against the largest alliance in the game (7DD). The devs investigated and found there were no other alliances close to their power so they were matched with the alliance closest in power.

Just some thoughts. Sorry none of this gives you a definite answer. I know it really stinks to be on the losing end all the time :unamused:

Thank you for the response.
Maybe you are onto something with the member limits. I do know (would bet is a better way to say it) this is going to be bad for us.
We are having fun and learning and that is what matters. I DO have my alliance open to public so maybe more will come in.

I am in an alliance with 30 members. We have 1 member above 4k. The next is 3700 then 3450 we are facing an alliance with 5 members above 4k and 10 above 3700. They have at least 21 above 3500 not counting the obvious cup droppers. We have lost around 14 AW in a row with one close match and 13 lopsided feeding sessions.

I think AW-matching is based on Hero-scores. So it basically canā€™t work. As those scores donā€™t make sense.
My Isarnia is 3/40ish and is already better (only by score) as Grimm or jackal, both 4/70.

@LarryLaffer you are definitely correct on this! My alliance has been continually matched with much higher alliances (ex. We can field 13 3k+ teams and our opponents have 20). Since several of us have recently lucked into a few 5*s that havenā€™t been leveled yet, their scores are throwing off the calculations. They make us look stronger than we really are.

If anyone has the time, thereā€™s the official alliance war thread. Thereā€™s quite a bit of negativity in it, but youā€™ll also find some good information.

One of the most interesting parts, IMO, is the devs talking about moving to an ELO-based system. Basically, if you win you move up in rank and fight a harder opponent. If you lose, you move down. If done right, this would solve several of the issues we see with wars.

1 Like

IMHO the should definitely fix the hero score, or just get rid of it.
It tells real hero strength with same precision, as telling the exact time from star constellations, at bright day.

1 Like

This was my post about the war that we just had.
ā€œThis is the WORST pairing I have seen.
I am in a NEW alliance 1st war.
Our team is 10 people 9 active. We range from 0-1383 cups. or team score is 8475.
Their team 9 people. They range from 269-2175 cups their team score is 25344.
Our top team is Merlin 3/47, Skittleskull 3/60, Gormec 3/60, Grimm 3/60 and Drake Fong 2/60. 3003 power.
We have 1 other 5* in our alliance Vivica 1/42.
Theirs is Chau 4/70, Sabina 4/70, Boril 4/70, Caedmon 4/70 and Scarlett 4/70. 3454 power.
Now someone PLEASE tell me how my team has a chance???
That CRAP of they take the 30 best on each team and figure it that way does NOT fly. I THINK it is a bald faced LIE.
Stevie Wonder could see that dont hold water.ā€
The final score was us 2127, them 2692.
Now after the war I checked on fight of other team and it it as follows.
7 of the 9 fought. 6 of that 7 used all 6 flags and the other 1 used 3.
My team all used 6 flags. So just as I thought we could no way win this war on equal play.
I KNOW they are trying (or so they say) to make it more equal for all.
But just like I said there is no way they took top 3 from each player and based it that way. Only four of my team had bigger than 1* heroes for flags 4,5, and 6
Only two had 1* 2* and unleveled 3* for flag 5 and 6.

We just had a war with a team that puts up Faulse defense teams to keep there score although we have two players with 6 plus deep team the other team had 10 plus 40 plus players they logged at the end and scored enough to discourage our players again now after the recent change we have lost 3 wars in a row prior to this change we won 4 out of 5 by a very close margin I believe the matching is unbalanced and needs to be based off full team power I have 6 plus full war teams but most have two in our alliance some only one the last team also had strong teams that were x members to hard for most to beat

1 Like

Our experience has been opposite. Weā€™d never won a single alliance but have now won 3 in a row since the change.

Today was by 47 points, so was a good close match.

That sucks and I know it canā€™t be great for everyone. But from our perspective itā€™s definitely better. Iā€™m not expecting to win all of themā€¦

2 Likes

Just finished the 3rd war since the last matching changes (4 since the addition of the war chest). We have won all 3, which is a nice change as we were on a losing streak. We won the first 2 by wide margins. This last one we won by around 100 points. It should have been closer, but our opponents made some serious missteps in the 2nd half.

As we win more, our matches have been getting stronger. I fully expect to lose in the next 1-2 wars as we get matched with other winning teams. It will take several weeks for the ladder system to settle and Alliances will start seeing matches closer to their strengths. Hopefully it wonā€™t take long as losing war after war is no fun :unamused:

2 Likes

Funny thing is every war team we face gets stronger the last team could have won by a thousand if they wanted and that with two mercs that left them as the war started to pad there numbers

The pairing canā€™t be equal there will alway be a winner and a looser but to we would like at least a fair match up before players start to loose interest and quit most of our players have been in our alliance a while we may start loosing them every war we get fired up and they get there asses handed to them itā€™s a bummer

Sadly, Iā€™ve seen that happen several times. Iā€™ll look at the war board after itā€™s done to crunch the data and Iā€™ve often seen ex-members on our opponents. This is usually after theyā€™ve been handed a loss.

Of course, I canā€™t say exactly what happened in each instance, only the one where the ex-member came to our alliance because he saw we were trying and his old alliance wasnā€™t :flushed: Heā€™s been with us for several months even though weā€™ve lost. We just try to win each and every time. :smile:

Thank youšŸ˜ we do as well prior to the wins we had before the last change we rarely won then as our teams increased I thought the result was our winning seems as if a few are discouraged and have slowed growth to a snails pace we are almost a solid 8* team but just fall short at times war winning seemed to encourage those not spending to try harder to build there entire team which as u know helps all around

1 Like

This new matchmaking is terrible. We are fighting against alliances too weak or too strong. Look at this screenshot. We are at the middle of the war and they killed us all twice. And we know this will happen before the war begin. It is easy to see. Why is not easy to a computer code? Just get the backup and recover the old code. This is not working

Yepā€¦ since the last update, our alliance have been beaten to the ground with huge difference in pointsā€¦ after one war we had about 2900 points and opponent was above 4000. Hey, this is greatā€¦ gotta love the wars.

Devs are doing great job with this, keep up the good work! We all love this.

War is nothing but misery in this game. Seems like youā€™re always up against a team that will easily demolish you. My question is how you can become that team that gets to do the demolishing? Or were they given you as that 1 out of 5 chance to finally fight an easier team?

ā€¦and all that ā€œworkā€ to get a bunch of garbage low level items like green test tubes, leather armor and 2 gems and 2 atlantis tokens?

It all goes back to the conspiracy theory that the game is designed to be as tight as possible with giving out any chance of getting ascension items, and this was one of the tweaks designed to do that.