War healers

I will offer the counter point. In lower to mid-tier alliances I think the strategy could work. It would be a “run out the clock” strategy, and we already hear complaints about that when field aid is the rule.

Ultimately the other side can use the “wound and flee before heal” tactic on you and you will be taken down, but it could take a lot of flags.

In upper mid to upper alliances you would be slaughtered.

1 Like

:smile: jajajaja h​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I’ll agree with this. My commentary applied to 3000TP+ engagements. When all the specials are comparatively weak like you would get at 2000TP, this could well run out the clock effectively.

I made this thread because few months ago I have changed my war defense team to have both delilah (tank) and melendor in team and I got just once defeated with single flag. Mostly opponents had to use 3 flags to get me down. On the other hand I have attacked a team with kash and kiril and I killed easily 3 of his hitters and had 3 of my heros on the board (no healers) but I simply could not get kash and kiril. Their heals and field aid were constantly firing and time ran out. So i wondered if I get more healers maybe I can push opposing team to lose more flags on me without a win. I do have pleanty of healers so i will try 3 healers (delilah, melendor, kiril/rigard) and 2 fast hitters (zim, magni).

1 Like

This strategy is viable in alliances that are not homogeneous (referred to mid and low tier above, but I would also say those that are mixed in nature in levels that are around maybe 500 or so in alliance ranking) and not full of maxed 5* - and it’s not the first attacks, these teams all go down easy the first time as is well documented, it is preventing the 2nd and sometimes 3rd wipes that can win these mid-tier wars. Sometimes you just can’t generate enough damage to kill these teams off before they go heal crazy.

1 Like

I’m still not at 30 maxed heroes. I have 35 level 70 or higher, but I have many 5*s stuck at 70

Up till the past 2 months or so I had problems with teams heavy healers. I remember at least a few times not having enough damage output to beat the clock when healers and especially field aid keep my opponents up. I actually lost twice from time outs taking everyone out but Kash. I’d say it was more infuriating than dropping hundreds on pulls and coming up with nothing.

I’t doesn’t happen anymore. Sure, my bench is deeper but that isn’t the full reason.

The biggest is that I now run mono teams. When running mono, things like specials and team synergy is just bonus. You always have damage output. Even if you only have one hero left alive.

In addition, I have been able to focus on heroes with defense and elemental down abilities. Starting out, it was all damage and healing. Now I can take a teams defense down to nothing. My red team slays due to Wilbur and Falcon stacks. These two 4* heroes can deveatate a 4150 group in just a few turns.

Last, I have made use of heroes that stop healing. The Vampires, Sand Heroes and even Sargasso have a place in war, especially when field aid is in play.

I still think it is a good idea to run at least one healer on war defense. I just don’t think it is a good idea to overdo it to the point where you sacrifice damage output. It may be better up to the mid-levels but it is soon negated by players color stacking or having access to more specialized heroes.