War Handicapping

If our team draws another war opponent that outnumbers us I will be quitting this game. A game into which I’ve poured vast amounts of time and money over the last few years. War is the only thing I like(d) about it. Real competition. Teams vs teams. No expensive artificial enhancers can be used to give you an edge during war. It’s man vs man. It is the actual product that you’ve built against the other guys.

They have now ruined this war experience with this new team handicapping system.

Being down one man to start a war when we’ve only got 5 hurts a lot more than being down one man when you’ve got 29. 5/6ths vs 29/30ths. Also. You can’t very well punish/penalize a 30 man squad can you? 31 man alliances do not exist.

In short. It is my view that the new Alliance Handicapping System is NOT about fairness. It is about coercion. Small Giant wants to pressure small groups to join bigger groups so that the player’s monthly titan expenses increase.

Smaller teams are hurt much more than larger teams by Handicapping. That is a fact. And it IS coercion. Possibly illegal.

1 Like

If our team draws another war opponent that outnumbers us I will be quitting this game. A game into which I’ve poured vast amounts of time and money over the last few years. War is the only thing I like(d) about it. Real competition. Teams vs teams. No expensive artificial enhancers can be used to give you an edge during war. It’s man vs man. It is the actual product that you’ve built against the other guys.

Small Giant has now ruined the war experience with its new Alliance Handicapping System.

Being down one man to start a war when you’ve only got 5 hurts a lot more than being down one man when you’ve got 29. 5/6ths vs 29/30ths. Also. You can’t very well punish/penalize a 30 man squad can you? 31 man alliances do not exist.

In short. It is my view that the new Alliance Handicapping System is NOT about fairness. It is about coercion. Small Giant wants to pressure small groups to join bigger groups so that the player’s monthly titan expenses increase.

Smaller teams are hurt much more than larger teams by Handicapping. That is a fact. And it IS coercion. Possibly illegal.

Being devil’s advocate for a moment…

Wouldn’t finding fair opponents for smaller alliances be more difficult as well with a smaller pool of alliances to draw from? The same number of players, similar hero rosters etc, etc🤔

Player migration within the game has always been self-determined. Necessity is the mother of invention. That is the rule of the world. It is what drives younger players to improve their individual squads and thereby their alliances. Necessity is what drove me to improve my squad and what encouraged me to gain knowledge in the area of war strategy. It was a self-driven thing… even though we are all monetarily captive with the larger construct of the game itself.

The burden is on the younger players to discover for themselves how best to play the game. Some people like war. Some people like titans. Some like both. Free choice. We spent the money. Everyone has been free to choose how they play the game. Until now. There is no opt out button on titans. 30 man squads do not get handicapped, and the war penalty gets bigger and bigger as alliance size shrinks.

This is much bigger than any nerfing gripes people might have. It is self-evident to everyone that plays this game that hero strength waxes and wanes. New heroes are constantly being introduced. I readily accept that part of it. I like it. I can build a squad to improve my alliances chances of winning.

War handicapping is antithetical to fair play in every way. This is a long game. Do what everyone else has had to do. Make your individual teams stronger over time. Compete!!

The solution to the “Fairness Issue” certainly isn’t to handicap alliances.

The solution is to encourage more unrestricted competition.

Acknowledge the fact that there are players for whom war is everything.

Make a separate Global War Score Leaderboard that requires 30 person alliances.

Make a leaderboard for Alliances of 10, 20, and 30 person teams. Or simply add a new leaderboard for groups of 15.

Things will shake out organically if this is done. More people will have a bigger stake in the game. More money for Small Giant. And it won’t make people feel helpless re: titan resources wasted against our will.

“Make a separate Global War Score Leaderboard that requires 30 person alliances.”

Should read:

“Make a separate Global War Score Leaderboard display for alliances.”

Young players being forced to fight titans they have no business fighting In these large alliances is far more detrimental to their progress in the game (village, troop, & hero progress) than an occasional war loss is.

Have you ever calculated resources wasted per titan resources gained?!?!?

Young players don’t have the flag capacity, nor do they produce enough iron & food to keep up with their older & greedier leaders. Peer pressure keeps the young blind and poor.

1 Like