War Flags and Titan Limiter Suggestion to reduce player burnout

What I’m trying to figure out

If alliances tolerate not using war flags

Then why do they complain about it?

I mean we flat out tell people, dont use war flags, you’re gone

I don’t think SG stepping in to help with alliance management is that necessary personally.

Leadership teams should be able to handle it themselves, if they cant then they really have no grounds for complaint :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I did it about two weeks ago when I was in New Orleans…Bourbon street sucked me in and spat me out three hours after War ended and 3 unused flags. 29 people shuttered … it wasn’t pretty

2 Likes

Maybe we should be asking SG to extent Wars to all of us are available from life’s little casualties… let’s get on track here lol

1 Like

Cause @Rigs will pop up without me needing to tag him but i have to tag him because he loves being tagged. Right @Rigs? @Rigs :blush:

2 Likes

Only Russian alliances have wars that either end in first hour… or last.

I like the idea of war ends when both sides used all flags.

Too bad if the other side waits till last minute then, but at least it seems fair?

2 Likes

Lol

It definitely gets my attention faster

@GOON18

@GOON18

Good idea. It may help more casual playing alliances to have more members participating in wars instead of opting out, if players only pops in once a day. For more competitive alliances having a strategy of holding flags it will probably not make a big difference. It could be helpful if a member having some RL issue is not able to use flags in second half. I guess competitive players will often be expected to follow a strategy on usual basis. I am not sure it will help distress that category of players.

I know some alliances are not interested in progressing on titans and ranking. I wouldn’t mind if alliances could chose to stay at some
level for a period or for good. I can not support the idea of all alliances getting less rare titans for those alliances to avoid the reduced loot from escaped titans.

I agree with @Rigs on this.

1 Like

In my experience it is often competitive players feeling burned out and the game becoming a core. I think that may be more due to the requirements and expectations when playing in a competitive alliance, than the game itself. My best advice to players feeling burned out is to step back for some time, find a good friendly alliance having wars optional and resting on some titans. It is always possible to come back to the high active daily playing whenever that feels right and fit in RL

1 Like

I like both ideas. I can see that most like the idea of having all 6 war flags at the start. But regarding putting a limit on the titan, I think this could prove beneficial especially for leaders and co-leaders in the alliance.

Since we started streaking 14*, I’ve noticed the stress of having to figure out whether the next titan is a KILL or PASS by factoring in all the info from the last titan kill (as mentioned by Goon) and whether the decision we make is the right (both the biggest stress factors) is non-existent. I personally feel like it is much less stress overall in killing titans and we leaders and co-leaders now have more time to focus on other areas to help grow our alliance.

I think titan limiters has the potential to be a great benefit to alliances in general, based on my above example.

1 Like

The kill or pass decision still exists with streaking 14s?

Sorry I should clarify that the stress was before we started streaking 14*. So I’m likening streaking 14* as the limiter - if that makes sense?

Plus even if you choose to streak a 12* (for example), wouldn’t it be nice to not have to PASS on a 13* so you can fill your titan chest more frequently?

The idea (for me) is that it is one less thing to worry about.

@Kira981112
I agree with both you and Goon, that titan management can be very stressful especially to leaderships , when not being on a streak of progressing. I surely had my part of difficult decisions about when to call a titan and when to tell people to step back or boot them if not participating or being strong enough when titans was supposed to be downed.
I just see that mainly being an issue if an alliance are looking to go for the next step to move on.
If all the alliance are comfortable on staying on a level like 10* titans, it is no big deal to decide that 11* are not hit or at least not using big items, then going back to 9-10*.
I think the main problem on that in many alliances are, that some likes to move on getting stronger titans, while others either likes to stay on the level they are at not able to use 4-6 flags on every titan or not being strong enough for the next level even being very active.

1 Like

Thought the point of hitting titan cap was to do away with escapes and fill more titan chests

Making that benefit available to all would decrease the drive of alliances and players to reach that point therefore give that much less motivation to improve on titan strats, item crafts, and hero improvements

Probly just me but to promote growth there has to be drawbacks & benefits at each level of the game

The top doesnt pass on titans, collects more loot from titans and chests but i know some players spend more battle items or ascension mats to achieve that

The bottom can spend less items with cheaper heroes to achieve kills but they get less loot from titans and chests

Making the 2 equal defeats the purpose of having the current titan system in place and might as well have everyone in the game fighting the same * titans

The titan idea you guys are kickin around is basicallly an idea to unravel the game’s core growth promoter

1 Like

It just isn’t that hard to skip a titan if an Alliance wants too. Shoot ,calling a titan early allows your members to Merc- which is a great stress relief and break to keep it fun. I stand by my angle on the War flags for the casual Alliances because I do think it would improve things for them ( competitive alliances won’t be affected)

The player is the growth promoter. The ones that want too…usually do and they are fighting 14*. Most casual Alliances are Filled with… well casuals. Do we beat them into submission to do better? Or do we make some changes realizing that’s probably there MO and that’s not changing. P.S. rainbows and butterflies and gl out there in gameplay ( that’s for you moderators- happy feelings)

@Rigs I can’t figure out how it would effect titan scores (alliance scores) if say some chose to stay at 11* titans, while others moving on for higher levels may have to skip some on the way.
Basically I don’t think it seems fair if alliances working hard on moving up in titans levels, skipping some titans on the way, for a long time will get worse loot rolls than alliances comfortably staying at lower level without skipping titans :thinking:

Casual players that don’t want bigger challenges should be ok with less rewards and perks

We don’t want a merger of empires & puzzles and candy crush

And are there actually any casual alliances that feel entitled to equal rewards and more loot on lower titans as higher titans?

Right now i see 1 guy from an alliance that wants to string 14s and 2 people that are in an alliance that is stringing 14s pulling to make casual alliances not have to pass on titans

Passing on titans is the drawback of not chaining 14s. Players are ok with it and continue to pass on titans at their current ceiling or they’re not ok with it and they push to get stronger or join a stronger alliance

I’m quickly losing interest in continuing this thread because it’s going towards talking in circles already and there are new features, new implementation ideas, etc that have a higher ceiling of positive effect on the game and don’t hinder the current game we have and the way things work and have always worked

Keep war flags and titans as is. Use your brains, strategies, communications for the team work to best deal with these challenges.

Should we keep a cap on our war scores next so that we can face easier opponents all the time?

What is rising for?

What is the hunter’s lodge for?

Why pull for guardians?

Eventually, the wars and titans will align with your alliance rate of growth.

2 Likes

This one is tough for me. I get what the OP is trying to say but just flat out asking for a removal of rare titans is just wrong on mangy levels. I’m in a senior competetive alliance but know we will.be a lot more competetive when some.of our members rosters grow.

Most casual alliances I have went to merc in or talk tonhave the same issues. Very little involvement, half the alliance is opted out, and lots of unused flags, so not sure giving them 6 at the beginning would.change anything but I guess it could help.

The titan skip thing inhave to agree with @Rigs also and I dont do that very often but he does deserve the respect of being a veteran of the game.

@l2ider Being the leader of the alliance the OP is in a can positively say that she is doing all of that and probably being one of our most active members in KotN. We are streaking on 14* titans and facing the toughest alliances in war. I guess the reason for pointing this out is seeing a lot of friends being longtime players in different alliances burning out on the game, like I do.

1 Like