War Flags and Titan Limiter Suggestion to reduce player burnout

In light of the new additions to the game (Path of Valor & Season 3) amidst the existing ones (+5 levels in events, costume quests, Tournaments, Atlantis Rises) , the player burnout effect is at its peak as players are feeling the dread of having to be online constantly to fulfil these quests tht keeps popping up. This greatly reduces the quality of ones gameplay when it becomes more like a chore than a casual game.

While there is no point in fighting against additions that are slated to make its way into the game realm, I hope my following suggestion (and its reasoning) is enough to warrant some attention.

1. Giving all 6 war flags right at the start
    Splitting flags into 3 by 3 when wars came out was to encourage player participation. However, with all these events and quests, having a war flag timer added into the mix wont do anything more than annoy people as they have to have to follow a timer that may not suit them. Hence, I hope all 6 flags can be meted out at the start instead.
    This takes 1 form of stress away from the player, and even the casuals can enjoy the game more and the alliance sentiment can be much less distressed over any unused flags on 2nd half.

2. Titan Limiter in alliances
    Passing titans is a stressful job. Someone has to make the call, and someone will be undountedly unhappy the titan is a pass. Effort is wasted on pass titans and unhappiness starts filling the alliances and unahppy players blablabla.
    Being able limit the star of the titan an alliance fights would be good in managing expectations. All titans would then have to be a kill at that expectations.

• What if alliances sandbag titans?
    To prevent alliances that sandbag titans, the limiter is restricted to +1 or -1 from its last killed titan, or based on the titan score in the alliance score.
  • Rare titans frequency
    You can reduce the rare titan frequency. Pretty sure having a more relaxed titan schedule outweighs having many rare titans to get 4* mats from.

Just my suggestion, but i deeply sincerely hope it can be considered.
@Petri @Rigs @Julia

Hey
Fully agree on your first point, all 6 flags should be available at war start.
Not sure to understand your second point tho. True, alliance leaders should announce if titan is a pass BEFORE anybody gets hits in, in order to avoid frustration and waste of resources. But the goal of an aliance is to defeat stronger titans, so why prevent the alliance to fight them overall ? Or maybe I don’t get it…
Also, I don’t see how these ideas, if introduced, would reduce the burnout effect, which was the initial topic of your thread…about that, I think SG must find a balance between those who ask for less and those (like me) who never have enough :slight_smile:

Many alliances have the following in consideration for their pass titans.

Leaders:

1. Color of titan
  2. Number of hours the previous titan died prior
  3. Timezone/sleep cycle
  4. 12h mark as an estimate
  5. Event cycle/ Atlantis Rises

Players

1. Leveling up
  2. To hold mats or to go all out at titan start, because nobody wants to waste effort
  3. TImezone

Implementing it allows all players to know immediately that the titan is a constant kill.
Leaders need not keep checking up on the status of the titan either.
All in all it prevents any disruptive assumption/guesstimation of a titan to kill/flee.

Thank you for giving me the chance to clarify :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like pass Titans as it allows me to build up resources…also, I’d like more Rares :).

2 Likes

I would be 100% for getting all war flags at the beginning!
Titan limiter would be okay if it would maybe force a pass every so often, cause one day a week to give you a Choice to increase stars or no titan spawn that day,or something along those lines.

I like having 6 war flags right at the start. Not sure why we need the 12 hour mark for war. It’s up to alliances to determine how and when those flags will be used.

As for titans, we monitor them already and determine at spawning if it’s a kill or escape. I’m not sure we’d want to hand off that control.

War - I’m not sure having all flags at the start would make a huge difference to a lot of alliances. There Are a large group of alliances that utilize the reset timers so having more flags wouldn’t help them much. But for those with a very inflexible schedule, this could be helpful.

Titans - I don’t see the point on this. The goal of an alliance is to fight harder titans for the chance at better mats drops. Restricting titan levels stops alliance growth. And I really hope they don’t cut back rare titans. We’ve had plenty of much-needed mats drop from them.

5 Likes

I really like your idea of war flags because of time zones sometimes it’s hard to make the last twelve hours. Even a compromise of say second set after 8 hours would be nice- wouldn’t change much at all but would give more a chance to organize hits without it being a chore. 2. Titan rest is totally out of the question ( can be organized by alliance leader) but, we could suggest to SG that if an alliance “strings” four in a row they don’t get penalized for letting “one go”- this might allow for Leaders to add more diversity around “rare quests, events,wars etc) to ease some pressure. Both of these suggestions might be possible if you put it in a way that suggests - no real changes but an improvement on quality of the game.3. Save the reduce “rate” titan frequency- Boooooo that crappy idea lol

Just linking these related threads for the moment.

I’m not merging this for now, while seeing how the discussion develops — combining ideas into one thread is always tricky for consolidating voting and support, so I’m waiting to see if this develops into support mostly for one idea, or if the two ideas together are a required element of the proposal.

Related: War Flags Use Requirement – require that each player use their 3 flags for the first segment before the 12 he mark or they lose them, or cut the time for war and just post the 6 flags at the very beginning

Old similar post that didn’t get much traction: [Master] Leader to Keep / Lock Titans at a specific Difficulty (Star / Rating) or below

3 Likes

Not a fan of all 6 war flags in the beginning…

Then the war could essentially be over in the first 30 minutes… next complaint will be waiting for the war to end so they can collect loot.

Want to use all 6 flags at once? Wait 12 hrs.

7 Likes

I do like the titan limit idea… some alliances want to stay small… but the continued killing will inevitably increase the difficulty until a pass is required…

What’s the downside? There’s gotta be something I’m missing…

2 Likes

I think with the competitive alliance the war flags at mid point isn’t an issue ( were addicted). But, for the majority of alliances which are casual it will probably encourage more flags being used which will overall improve things ( let’s face it some casual guy will get on once a day and burn 6 before he wakes up in the morning to burn three before war ends). So, I’d vote for that because it would improve the game for the majority. Titan changes a little more tricky but I think that’s why OP tagged Rigs -lol

2 Likes

Hmmm

Not a fan of lowering the # of rare titans

Only see like 52 at best out of 365 titans per year(even less as is for alliances not stringing 14s)

Cut back and they might as well be non existent

The war flags, i guess would be fine since respawn timers and such will still be used strategically by competitive alliances.
I think it’ll add more work to wars overall though for those that do strategize and coordinate but that’s just part of the game

I don’t feel we have too much to do in the game as a whole

Players begged and begged for a long time to break the boredom, give us more to do, not just have us sitting on our thumbs in between events/rare quests or titan flag timers. Well that request was heard and fulfilled

As I’ve said in other threads, nothing in the game is mandatory

If alliances want less rare titans, they can pass on them

If alliances want to cap their titan *, they can do so

If players want to use all 6 war flags at once, they can do that

If players feel overwhelmed at everything available to do in the game, they can choose which ones they would rather not partake in

Also if alliances dont want to pass on titans anymore, build up to stringing kills of the highest titans available. Not that hard.

4 Likes

I guess I don’t see the big deal in waiting 12 hrs after the start of war to burn the 6 flags if you want to play that way… that’s a pretty big window of time if you want to use all 6 at once.

1 Like

We want to know why you tagged Petri before Rigs? Usually, we here from Rigs a few times … then Petri. Just joking around

1 Like

Downside is it removes motivation for alliances and players to grow

And it hurts SG bottom dollar

Why would players farm to craft if they dont need the items

Why would they care about improving their titan hero roster

Why would they buy items from the shop

Etc etc etc

1 Like

I suppose…

Hard to think that way when it’s not your mindset. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I have been in a few casual alliances and have friends there. Biggest issues in Wars is flags not used. Biggest complaint is timing. I really do believe that change would be a positive for most alliances and make wars better. Plus, more chances for weaker members to do clean up- the casual have such a wide range of TP. Honestly, wars wouldn’t end first hour because log ins would be all day for them.

4 Likes

Casual alliances have wars?

Lol jk

Is it bad that this made me shudder??

2 Likes