☠ War Defense - Point Distribution Guide

As we may or may not know, it was originally communicated, that every side of the battlefield in alliance war is worth 1500 points. However, we can observe that this is not the case for a 30 member battlefield and every side of the battlefield seems to exceed those 1500 points nowadays. Whether that is due to emblems or other factors such as costumes, rounding etc. I do not know.

I was curious about what actually determines how many points my defense team is worth in wars and seem to have found the answer to it. :slight_smile:

HP (hero HP (emblems and costumes included) + troop bonus) is the only factor that influences a defense’s point value.
However, while your defense with the same amount of HP might be worth 51 points in one alliance, it can be worth 53 points in another alliance, on a different side of the battlefield.
This seems illogical at first sight but makes total sense.

A defense’s point value is calculated based on a relation of your defense HP sum / total battlefield HP sum.

• 47 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.0% - 3.1% of total battlefield HP sum
  • 48 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.1% - 3.2% of total battlefield HP sum
  • 50 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.2% - 3.3% of total battlefield HP sum
  • 51 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.3% - 3.4% of total battlefield HP sum
  • 53 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.4% - 3.5 % of total battlefield HP sum
  • 54 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.5% - 3.6% of total battlefield HP sum
  • 56 points: Your defense’s HP sum is between 3.7% - 3.8% of total battlefield HP sum

I hope this makes sense and sheds some light on how everyone’s defense point value is being calculated.

13 Likes

I did a job on this topic.
It is in Spanish, but it is not difficult to understand by looking at the values and images

7 Likes

News to me! Obviously not something I’ve been paying close attention to. But, based on the formula you’ve managed to wrangle out of your analysis, I guess the way it happens is that a larger number of defense teams are near the bottoms of these ranges, than how many are near the tops, yeah?

I would’ve assumed that would be more random, and would result just as often in a total board being worth LESS than 1500 too. Make me think there’s a 1500 “floor” on it, perhaps?

2 Likes

Yes, your battlefield cannot be worth less than 1500 points afaik. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FWIW, I just looked at our defenses, and the formula above isn’t applied. We have nobody worth under 50 points, despite many being under 3.2%…

Party popper! :smile:

Can you spot any correlation between point value and percentage of total battlefield HP?

I tried it with various HP sums for my defense on our current battlefield and it worked out to every time up to at least four decimal places. :thinking:

I’m an ■■■. A typo skewed everything. Stand by. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol

So yeah, turns out we do fit your formulas too. Not “special” over here after all.

However, I did find one weird anomaly, which I don’t recall ever seeing before:

That member clocks in at 3.5988%.

Yes, I’ve seen rare occurrences like this before. It rarely every happens. Same with 52 points. Not sure under which circumstances it happens tho. Maybe correlated to rounding in the “bonus points for victory”?

Must be

20 mysteries