War chest - what's wrong

That makes sense.

So we should be asking for our 1 points back then, lol

2 Likes

I don’t see how this is possible… maybe somehow, somewhere you missed a war… or maybe, like @alcaselzer said, you lost the first one, that would explain it.

Thanks for the advice, always welcomed. I tend to agree with you mostly, but at our level, reseting the opponents is not of very much help. Most of our members barely manage to make good use of the first two, maybe three flags. To few of us have deeper rosters. As about stacking colors… it certainly gives you a better chance while raiding, but this is not raiding, this is war… once you use a hero, it is gone, leaving a gap for the next battles. So even if I win against the strong one, first flag, which is highly unlikely, I would risk not winning against some lower level foes that could bring me more points. Anyway, this time the decision not to attack the strong one was right. We won the war.

As @alcaselzer said our first defeat was when the first chest appeared where it only had 5 wins and when they updated it the points the winners where given thier 5 points during the update but the losers where NOT given thier 1 point which is Why it now appears like we only did 4 wars.

Problem solved

Cheers

Hmmm … I expected as much: nothing special in the war chest.

It does not matter to me, as I have happily availed myself of the individual opt out button, but my ally mates may get upset if they have to go through all that effort for nothing.

On the other hand, nothing short of guaranteed 4* ascension items would entice me to bother with wars again. And as this will not happen, I am sitting pretty :hugs:

Thank you again, SG, for introducing the individual opt out button and freeing players who do not enjoy the wars from an activity which they detest. This sure helps to make the game fun again. :hugs:

Each to thier own and as long as your having fun then the choice is yours.

But as I explained to my allience who at first wasn’t interested in AW’s and now won’t do without them.

This game as we all know is a long drulling game where receiving ascension items are not only far and few between but rarer than getting 5* heros, you need every advantage possible if you intend to get anywhere with your heros in this game.

So even though you only get 1 ascension item a month or only 1 or 2 members in your allience are getting one, doing AW’s is important and does play a part into growing faster.

As a leader I (who is I might add on the lower scale of luck when comes to getting ascension items) it makes me happy when I see a member rewarded with these bonus items.
By not participating you are 1) not really enjoying the game to it’s maximum potential to start with so really can’t complain when you don’t get something and 2) you are letting your allience down as a team player thinking only of yourself destroying your team mates potentials for better rewards and thus destroying your own potentials in the process.

It’s one thing to complain but it’s another when you don’t want to help yourself or others in the process.

Have fun

2 Likes

Our alliance had a very different experience - there were quite a few 3* and 4* ascension mats and even some gold summons tokens… so definitely worth the effort!

I got 2 unfarmable 3* so I am very happy.

Bothering with the wars is not worth my nerves.

I have enough ascended heroes.
And if I ever find that I cannot get ahead in the game any longer without engaging in an activity which thoroughly ruins my mood, then I can always leave the game. But I think this will not happen soon. Like I said, I have enough ascended heroes.

I play a game for fun and enjoyment. Not to get annoyed. Period.

Wrong.

1. I detest AW. I have detested them from the beginning, and I detest them still. “Enjoying” my foot. I am very happy to be rid of that nasty and annoying duty.

2. By utilizing the long-awaited individual opt out, I am by no means letting my alliance down. Now, my heroes do not count for the matching. I received permission from my ally leader to opt out. So I did.

1. I have no idea why people try to convince other people to engage in an activity which they thoroughly detest. This is a game … to be played for fun and enjoyment. Not a job where you have to do all kinds of things because you need the pay. Game, ok? Voluntarily activity, ok? Fun and enjoyment, ok?

2. I have retired from playing intensively, and now I play for fun. In a nice, friendly alliance which would not think of forcing their members to participate in an activity which they detest.

3. I have already achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. Now reaping the fruits of my labor and enjoying myself instead of bothering with stupid stuff.

4. Have a nice day.

4 Likes

i agree about the fact it sucks that it depends on matchups, but I dont think individual chests are the answer.

kind of defeats the purpose of AW. AW success is supposed to be rely on team effort so should be rewarded by team effort.

The matchmaking will be sorted out as time goes on. i know we have waited a long time now but it’s definitely one of the devs priorities and is being improved pretty regularly.

Too soon after last update to suggest it hasnt improved ib my opinion. Let the last changes run their course for a month or 2 and see if it improves. Keep in mind there are only 8 wars a month, hard to do any kind of adjustment or fixes with such small samples of data.

I’m not a dev cheerleader by any means. But i am optimistic they will get this fixed. It is one issue we have seen continued effort and progress on.

1 Like

It us my understanding that the alliance chest rewards will vary per person based on their war contribution. At least that’s what I gathered when it was added. is this information incorrect?

based on participation which counts you even if you only used 1 flag

Well, Anja - I am glad to know that you have found your niche and are enjoying the game your way. But why - why? - do you continue to tell us how you detest wars etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum? I think we all know that. You have opted out of wars - good for you - so you can’t really be providing feedback as to what is in the war chest.

Personally, I was providing feedback that the war chests do contain desirable items - at least for those in the game that do not - unlike you - have enough ascended heroes. I have no desire whatsoever of convincing you of anything… I was just adding a different point of view. That is what the forum is for…

See? It paid off to be determined in asking for the individual opt out again and again. Although I was criticized for that determination as well :grin:
Now, I have received what I asked for, and I am quite happy that I can play the game in peace. :hugs:

I will now leave you to your wars and your war chests and everything connected to that activity.

Have a nice day.

I do like the option of a war chest linked to your wins… or maybe the points you have made in the wars. Incentive to win. And take on bigger opponents to maximise points

At least then if your alliance loses for whatever reason but you have done your part. You dont get penalised

1 Like

I don’t agree. On a war one soldier doesn’t win if he kills 200 enemy soldiers but all his unity and comrades die and his side loses the war. Maybe his family gets a medal. (1 point for loss).
The system is correct right now. They only have to work on the matches. War is the only feature of the game that’s all about team coordination and effort, it makes a lot of sense to be like that. I like that each war someone from the alliance shines more than others. But he shouldn’t get more loot than the rest

Are you Mafia? You have 5 victories?

I disagree. some people put work Into being good at wars and some make an excuse not to. being consistantly good at wars takes work and learning being good at pve just take farming and asking questions. those who work hard should be rewarded for it, which I feel, would give incentive to the people who are trying to become better team players.

Several alliances have had 5 wars and been able to fill a chest.
What has the mafia got to do with it?
If you can‘t keep up a civil conversation, what is your reply good for?