War chest reset

Because war is a team effort.
You play wars as a team with your alliance.
So it is not more than logical that the chest is rewarded to the whole alliance that fills it with the needed points.

This would not be good as people try to kill the ‘weaker’ targets as soon as possible just to have a best personal score. Meaning that the weaker players in an alliance will have less chance to score points when they come in later.
Again, it is a team effort, not a personal acchievment.
(There is no I in team) :wink: )

6 Likes

So if i leave you are saying i didnt then participate in that win/loss? Sure it is a team war but the chest is still YOUR war chest. But it was still MY participation.

If personal score was your deal then why would you go for the lower scoring ‘weaker’ teams? Doesnt make sense.
And if you are that type of selfish person the onus is on the alli leadership to address… and maybe boot… dont punish all for something a few MIGHT do.

You mention the whole team thing but why does your percentage drop if you dont opt in on 1 war. Nothing wrong with that… but in that case you are treated as an individual… cant have it both ways.

I am just saying why must i be punished if i move? I still need to participate in 5 wins in 2.5 weeks to open a chest… so abuse is not a thing.

I think rhe participation % should purely apply to flag usage in a war. That for me is main issue i see with wars. Punish the people not using all their flags… for not being teamplayers as you say

harry is 100% right. you’d have too many problems all of a sudden if your participation should be mirrored by used flags. it is a TEAM effort, easy as it is.

1 Like

100% disagree. Exactly what problems if flags used was deciding participation factor? Other than people who dont use all flags moaning…?

Hypothetical for you: i am in your alliance and we are busy with a tight war. Losing. Just. I am last person left with hits and i get decent boards and claw back to get the win.

Now i decide to leave for whatever reason. According to you it is fine to punish me for leaving?
Yes i know it was a combined team score that got the win. But you are saying if you decide to leave then screw you. You deserve nothing?

so what if you have 20 active members in your alliance and your opponent team has 5 members at all? this would lead to a low participation for a lot of your crew members. just one example.

it’s not that you have to stay for months to get the war chest. leave after achieving it.
and yes, there are reasons why should be punished for leaving: may you took the last place a constant member wanted to have. if all players were alliance-hoppers this event wouldn’t make any sense.

so again, it’s a team event.

2 Likes

You wouldnt be matched against them unless only 5 of your team are opted into war

Not a valid argument . A constant member would be there… and not leave a spot. 99% of mercs announce that they are mercs or temping. I always tell the alli i am a temp and if they need the space let me know and i will bounce… never been an issue.

Still can see no valid argument to punish people who leave. If i put in the work, why not get ‘paid’?
Yes it is a team event, but without the individuals you have no team.

This is where we agree, but that is all…

You fight Alliance VS Alliance.
If you fight player vs player (raiding) then you are right.
But this is not raiding this is alliance vs alliance.
Making plans, coordinating attacks and all the rest.

3 Likes

what if they have been dropped. it actually IS possible. and there are a lot of wars where you have more members than the other team. your argument is invalid.

good for you, most don’t. that’s a simple fact. we have players like that all the time. no one ever told us he/she is a hopper.

for your individuality you have the monster/raid/elemental chest. in the titan war you also have to participate once for a reward and you don’t have to use all your flags. it’s a simple system that makes sense.

summarizing the alliance war system is ok. you could make it better of course but your ideas lead in a wrong direction

1 Like

Hypothetical for you: i am in your alliance and we are busy with a tight war. Losing. Just. I am last person left with hits and i get decent boards and claw back to get the win.

Can you honestly say that the win is all thanks to you? No dependency on those that weakened the enemies before you?

And even assuming that in the end you still have enough heroes to wipe an entire team, are you saying that there is more merit in attacking at the end rather than at the beginning?

A war is won because ALL member contributed. Regardless of individual score: often those who do the cleanup get more points than those hitting the tanks, but I argue that without the “tank killers”, the “cleaners” would not make any point. And without the “cleaners”, the Alliance would not score all the available points! Each contribution is key to the victory!

War chest have been created as an incentive for alliance to create stable groups that can work well together. It’s a prize for those alliances that take time and effort in creating a stable, coordinated group of players.

In other words: war chest are a prize for Alliances, not for single Players.

I really welcome last version’s change. Now you can exit and won’t lose your participation unless you participate to a war with another alliance.

3 Likes

Never said that. Read what wrote after that.

So i join your alliance but after a war i realise your alliance is just a drama filled toxic environment. Which is ruining any enjoyment. I leave. I get punished. Fine according to you?

All the arguments i hear make the false assumption that the all8ance is the ‘good’ guy and rhe person leaving the ‘bad’. Everyone is different. Personalities clash. There are many valid, non negative reasons to leave an alliance.
Again. Why must i get punished.

Are you guys still in the very first alliance you joined? Unlikely. Were u the ‘bad guy’ when u left?

I still have not heard a valid argument why i must be punished. But thats fine. We can agree to disagree. You have your version. I have the trurh. :wink:

Your argument is quite self centered. And you seem to take this aspect personally. I’m guessing you never played a team sport :sunglasses:
Changes like these are made when something is obviously being taken advantage of. Family alliances are the plague of games. They take advantage of the system in every way possible.
The system we are playing with now is fair. To all involved. Most of us stay put and don’t merc. We deal with our opponents and Titans alike. Alone.
Find a team and win or lose with them.

1 Like

you clearly claimed that you were the one winning the war, so yes you did. 100%!!

i highly doubt that every alliance you’ve been is “drama” or “toxic”. stop hopping. stay when there is a nice alliance, how about that?

you heard quite a few valid arguments, you just want someone that has the same opinion saying you’re right. and yes, we can agree to disagree, the funny thing about it is that everyone til now disagrees with your opinion.

alliance war is a group event. case closed :wink:

1 Like

You aren’t going to win against trolls set to defend any stupid decision SG made. They can’t lose.

Civil and constructive, please.

SGG could have implemented war chests like titan chests—as an individual thing. They instead chose a different approach. Either could have worked.

I’m going to guess that SGG was trying to squelch “war mercenaries” before that practice could start up.

3 Likes

this is an interesting topic that really brings home a few points as their seems to be a playerbase that doesn’t feel that loyalty means anything in the gaming world. maybe if we broke down the TYPES of gamers their are we can then help each other find the proper homes and limite these back and forth arguments seeing that then issue seems to stem from the fact that some people feel all their progress is theirs and theirs only, whether there was a team to help or not, and others feel that things that require teamwork shouldnt benefite players who dont feel that teamwork and commitment to others is important. this is not a knock on them, but when I grew up a team sport was a team sport we went together or lost together but it was done as a team. there would be no team sports if everyone only played golf, tennis, sports that require one person to do their job only.

competitive gamers, ftp casual gamers, I’m broke but I like to play gamers, I shouldn’t have to pay for anything gamers, I like to sit around and help answer question gamers, I think I’m good but I really hold back the team but I’m nice so no one wants to say it gamers.

We are all in the same game but different types of gamers will not mesh well with one another if they are in the wrong group. Alliances are usually built by leaders looking for people with similar interests and SG made a just a few TEAM BASED event that require planning strategy and participation from all players.

Being that everyone in this games rosters aren are totally different at all times, planning over time changes based on what leaders and elders know of their other players. The more teamwork and conversation the better the alliance begins to fair.

I have only been in two alliances and only left my first one because the friend I joined with got kicked out for reasons I didnt agree with and we went and found a new home. Im an ex sports player and military veteran, loyalty and respect of self and other around me means a lot and we found a home that harbors that same thought.

instead of joining an alliance and immediately jumping into everything I would opt of maybe the first war or two to see how I like the alliance, whether its active, whether when u aske questions someone readily answers. there are 5 million ways to have contact with other players from Facebook to Instagram so the I have a hard time reaching out to other players excuse is kind of you thing.

Different type of gamers have different expectations and if you surround yourself with like minded players you will find yourself a lot happier and doing a lot less griping here on the forums.

At least for the recent series of posts, the core issues is that LooSeefur believes the war chest should be portable. Since his current style of gameplay is alliance hopping to meet people, the lack of portability puts a real damper on his experience.

The debates is really centered around whether the war chest ought to be alliance-centric or player-centric. Matching people up by playstyle or perspective wouldn’t fix this issue, unfortunately.

My .02- worth is that f2p low level alt accounts plus portable war chests is a recipe for severe abuse. People will create weak alliances that tank for a few wars, then bounce their mains in to scoop some easy victories. Portable war chest would mean there’s no downside to this strategy.

I think that curbing this class of abuses is a reasonable justification for not switching to player-centric war chests.

3 Likes

Has there been anything said about timer or leaving and returning between wars?

I leave to recruit, and wasn’t concerned when chest was low (really didn’t think about it); now I have to ask

Sorry for restarting an old topic, but does anyone know - if I leave my alliance for a few hours to go to another alliance will my war chest participation stay as it is?
I am currently on 19/25 and don’t want to reset that to zero!
I won’t war with the other alliance, I just want to chat with them, and then return to my alliance before our next war (in 18 hours time).

Edit: I think I have found out the answer for myself. No, the war box won’t be reset if I switch alliances as long as I don’t war for another alliance.

As long as you don’t participate in another alliance’s War, yes.

So the same as you thought:

1 Like