War bug with a revived hero

Hello.

Was watching Archon’s stream and saw a very strange thing:
Enemies’ Alfrike hit and killed his the only left hero and after that system for some reason recognized this as a win not a lose providing him the amount of points he would’ve got if he acutally would’we won.

Link to the video:

It is a 4th battle vs MAR. As it is currently a live-stream, i can not send a link attached to the exact time it happened.

EDIT: Thanks to StillVictor. It happened due to Alfrike being dead prior to the battle. She then got revived, all the other enemies got killed and a revived Alfrike killed the streamer.

Seems odd anyways; imo should be fixed.

Was it a cleanup by any chance?

I can’t watch the video right now. But if Alfrike wasn’t there at the beginning of the battle and was brought back and all the enemies that were originally there were killed, you get the points for the victory.

You can’t get double points for a killed hero that was revived.

3 Likes

Thank you. You’re right. It was a clean up and she was dead prior to the battle.

Anyways, seems to be very odd and i believe needs to be fixed for sure. Not sure how though. I’d be pissed if i was his enemy and saw it happen lol.

1 Like

I had a similar situation today. It was a cleanup, CMN revived Alfrike, Sobek; Alfrike proceeds to wipe out the attacking team but the next time, she’s gone.

1st battle

2nd battle

It seems like CMN’s residual revive or something wanting to happen where Prof was. But nothing happens, and Alfrike is gone regardless

1 Like

It’s not a bug. If you end a battle and the enemy team has more heroes or more health than when it started, it reverts to how it was before the battle.

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense. But that’s secondary. When the battle started, Khufu, Prof, Sobek, CMN were alive.

When it ended, Khufu, Alfrike, Sobek, CMN were alive.

When I went in again, right after (you can see the timestamp and besides I was the only one doing cleanups at that time), Khufu, Sobek, CMN were alive - Alfrike vanished.

What am I missing?

Ok, let me try to explain this better.

Heroes are worth points. You can only earn those points once. That means you can only kill them once.

So, when you started you had 4 heroes on the opposing defense. During the battle you killed one of those heroes. But another one was revived.

The one that was revived had already been killed on an earlier flag so it went back to how it was. But the one you killed for the first time remained dead and you got those points.

Suppose you have only MN on a cleanup. You start the battle and she revives everyone. But you manage to kill her and the battle ends that way. MN dead and the other 4 alive. The battle ends with ‘defeated’, but when you go back to the battlefield you earn the points for MN’s defeat and the team will all be dead since all those heroes have been defeated and the points they were worth, earned.

Does this make sense?

You will notice that the same happens to hp. If the enemy team is healed during the clean and you lose, their hp will revert to what it was prior to that battle. It’s all about the points.

That’s how it works.

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense now!! Thanks for the lovely explanation!

MinionsLearnSomethingNewGIF

I think this also explains why Theresa Marie’s zombies act as undefeated heroes the next time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.