War bug cleaning for full points

Had a team mate get partially taken out in war for 29 points and then after they were cleaned the “killing player” was awarded 53 pts.

As you can see by the score the war just started so a reset had not occured. Homeless Messiah is the player who was worth 82 pts. Plz advise.

According to the players involved - player A attacked player B, failed the attack and was awarded 29 points and had used a war energy. Player C then attacked player B showing a full team worth 53 pts, succeeded and was awarded 53 pts.

3 Likes

For better visual. The war just started.

3 Likes

@Eddard can you tap on HomelessMessiahs war team and take a screenshot of his info. That does seem like an unusually large amount of points but is possible.

Something like this:

2 Likes

@Petri @Sara please correct this while there’s time… remove 53 and give 24 points

2 Likes

he is worth 53 pts. 35 and 18.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Right now he is killed but we can do it when he revives. No one on our team is worth more than 53 or 54 points

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots! Definitely looks incorrect :unamused:

@zephyr1 @Rook @Garanwyn tagging you in case there’s any additional influence you have in getting this towards the devs. I know they’ve e already been tagged…

3 Likes

That ain’t gonna happen on a weekend.

2 Likes

I’ll send it in mod chat, but most of the Staff doesn’t work over the weekend, so they likely won’t see it until Monday at least.

@Eddard @FreakShow @Resol @Luiz @Epigenetic

You should submit a Support ticket if you haven’t already, while this thread is useful for pointing out the bug, it’s very unlikely Staff will address this specific occurrence via a Forum thread.

5 Likes

Hopefully it is not happening to other people and does not happen again. Hopefully.

2 Likes

I just checked our war. Cleanups are happening normally, points-wise. So… :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Talking with the opponent the bug apparently was not full points for a wounded defense, but the defense still showing as full after the first 29 points attack and then attacked again for a full score.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Julia for that added insight!

Based on that, I suspect this may be related to this bug report:

I’ve updated my message to the staff to include a quote of your post, and a link to that other bug report as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reports, we will investigate this here!

6 Likes

There was something off in our war too. When I was reset I was hit once, for 11 points, again for 18 points, and then again for 35 points to kill my team (64 points).

However the second time I revived, my team went down in one try, but the opponent only received 63 points.

I checked this just now and it is pretty strange that my score went down by one point. Because the difference is in 1 point I don’t think it really is a big deal… but I will post here anyways. Does leveling up heroes in your war team, mid-war, affect your war defense team? If so, then that may explain the ever so slight 1 point difference.

since it’s 1 point difference… I don’t really see it as a big deal here. But I thought I’d comment here.

1 Like

If anyone levels up their heroes or troops during the war, it can cause a redistribution of the points across a side. So getting a change of +/- 1 pt in your value over the course of a war is very common.

3 Likes

There are slight rounding anomalies you’ll see when more than 1 flag is used to kill a team. This is normal although it does look funny :grin:

The most obvious example of these rounding anomalies can be seen immediately after the first reset (assuming all teams were killed without waiting for some to respawn). Although a full board is worth 1500 points, when multiple flags are used to kill teams the points at the reset will be more than 1500 points. Usually something like 1536. Again, this is due to rounding since we aren’t given 1/2 points.

3 Likes

ah okay, thanks for that explanation LadySuzanne on how points are rounded.

Also thanks @Garanwyn it could’ve been that too, my wife leveled up her Grimm which is probably what caused that one point to be taken away.

No biggie anyways :slight_smile: 1 point in the end.

1 Like