War and titan loot need to improve to keep up with raid tournament

Drop rates are slow when your OP for your level. Ask yourself am I fighting the highest titan possible for my teams power? Should I be killing 11* titans but happy my guilds at 9* and I’m A loot almost every time? In AW is it nice because your one of a handful that can 1 shot 4-5/6 flags on the other team? Are you some ridiculous level… say 40+ and enjoying “being the man”? … keep wondering why you can’t trick RNG? You wouldn’t go to S1 stage seven and expect better loot because you farmed it 3 million times would you? So, why can’t you piece together how the game rewards you? If your great at that level and stay at that level RNG has no desire to reward you for farming.

And P…S. your kidding yourself if you think your “general” type tactics is unique or hard work and deserve more loot because you can kill the other alliances weaker teams a lot for the win.

I want free loot is all I’m hearing.

I’ve been holding off posting, but you won’t less this die, so here goes.

1. I have consistently advised new players to work on a solid 3* team, then build a double-rainbow of 4*, snd then and only then start working on 5* heroes. This strategy lets you complete Rare Quests ASAP and gives you enough power to hit serious titans reasonably well to get to Loot Tier IX.
  2. If you didn’t follow this advice and find yourself with a thin bench of partially leveled 5*, that’s your own choice.
  3. I’ve been playing since July 2017, and have 30 5* heroes in final ascension, and 36 maxed 4* heroes.
  4. I’ve been building up my 3* roster, which was already okay but getting stronger.

The “cult of the 5* hero” has been worshipping at a false altar. Emblems have raised many 4* heroes to serious status. One of the most interesting tidbits from the moderators’ conversation with Tim, the lead developer, was that skills that were too good, potentially game-unbalancing, were consigned to 4* heroes—Merlin, Wilbur, Cheshire Cat, for example. Give those cats some emblems and you have a game-breaking hero.

Tl;Dr: if you’ve been neglecting 3* and 4* heroes, it’s your own folly. Own it.

17 Likes

It would be very interesting to give the opportunity to the 1 * heroes. It would refresh a lot, so we can see those heroes as something other than food.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with this. It is some of the best advice that it is possible to give in E&P.

To amplify, here are my comments from the Field Aid thread:

I have 0 maxed 5*, and yet open all my chests in Diamond. And I am typically one of the top few performers in war in my 30-strong alliance. I am level 35.

If you focus on 5* instead of building a solid roster, you’re screwing yourself. 5* are the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. They look sexy, but you do not need them maxed to succeed, unless you plan to be in a top-100 alliance.

5 Likes

Good point.

I have 0 5*, and yet open all my chests in Diamond. And I am usually one of the top 3 performers in war in my 26-30-strong alliance, my war defense merely ranked around 14th-16th. I am level 35. And yes, I have 26 maxed 3* .

3 Likes

Hi there, was scoring titan Loot Tier IX and above months ago probably only one or 2 months into the game with underleveled 5 stars. Loots are definitely not impressive. You have a good advice starting low move up, but it’s just as effective if not more effective to summon away. There should not be only a certain way to play a game, otherwise how boring.

I said above myself most 4 stars are boring except for a few, including all those you mentioned. And the one I leveled did end me up at 1%-5%, boy the loot was so good I almost feel no need to be in an alliance anymore.

But 3 star is like a different game, I’d rather skip events completion awards than even bother to mess with them. A 3 star tournament would be really silly.

Good to know it only takes you a year and half to have 30 maxed 5 star.

1 Like

I find underleveled 5 stars are very effective, have no problem getting me to 2900 plus cups. I have to completely disagree with “If you focus on 5* instead of building a solid roster, you’re screwing yourself.” Focusing on 5 stars is building a solid roster. As we are having tournament now and the loots are so good, I have absolutely none motivation to go to one of the top alliance and having to fulfill all the obligations. Just level some 4 stars, they are so much easier to level anyway.

But like I said, if bunch maxed 4 stars are enough to get you anything you want, this game will become really boring. All you guys keep saying how important 4 stars are above, you still doing everything you do in hope of getting all the mats for 5 stars, can you deny this? Chasing 5 stars and the mats for them is literally what makes this game fun. It’s rooted in its design. It’s so easy to max 30 plus 4 stars, you run out of things to do and get bored really fast if this is the ultimate goal.

1 Like

Let me put it to you this way: when you have to spend many times more than I did to achieve comparable results, it doesn’t sound to me like your strategy is all that great.

So… you ended up in the 1%-5% tier of a completely broken tourney where almost nobody’s defense got tested, and most people fought lowbie defenses over and over?

In what universe does that prove anything at all about your 4*?

Focusing on 5* is a recipe for having a significantly worse roster at each point in time than you otherwise would. I’m sure you can hop across the country in a potato sack too, if you try hard enough but I wouldn’t recommend it as a strategy. A car is far more effective.

5* level slower than 4*, and are generally significantly weaker at 3/70 than an equivalent 4* is at 4/70. Unless you’re willing to spend a ton of money leveling, you’re going to have 30 decent heroes for war far later later than your peers who focus on 3* and 4*.

I’ve seen the rosters of people who follow your advice, but don’t then spend a lot to level the 5* they pull fast. They end up doing horribly in war, and hitting the titans like crap.

1 Like

Everybody can achieve these stuff, nothing to brag about, in a way, it’s a good design of a game. I just don’t have your kind of petiance to mess with all the 3, 4 stars for months if not a year. Spending speed it up a lot for sure. 3 70 5 star is way better than maxed 4 stars because they have much better specials. Your claim of the superiority of 4 star make me suspect that you don’t even have a lot 5 stars so you don’t know how great they are.

I just really don’t understand your logic that your maxed 4 stars can do what my 2nd ascension 5 stars can do is something to brag about. I got plenty potential to go while you got none, emblems are not savior for 4 star as 5 star can use them too.

I’m not advising anything, when it comes to spend money, it’s a personal choice, you should never advise other people to spend money on a game. I’m just saying the game should improve drop rate considering the amount of players that start with 5 stars.

I agree with everybody that we all should level some 4 stars, they do help literally everywhere. But it doesn’t mean 4 star only everywhere is a good idea to make the game fun. Also no need to play down 5 stars, they are obviously the reason keeps everybody playing. Otherwise why bother chasing all your d blade, tabbards whatever, what are we all doing here talking about loots.

1 Like

Completely agree that, in the end, good 5* and great 4* rule the roost. I also agree that everyone gets to play this game however they please.

So when a game design feature—Raid Tournaments in this case—doesn’t match how you have chosen to play the game, but does sync well with how the majority has done so, and with all the training guides put out by experienced players, then I think the odds of SGG changing tournament restrictions to fit yourstyle of play are unlikely. Of course it’s completely your right to ask. But given our conversation with Tim, I think these restrictions on hero/troop rarity are here to stay.

5 Likes

i tried and tried and tried but come on man.

This game has teirs of heroes. The best way for a game of this sort to grow is to have something to do with all tiers of heroes so that people of all spending/non spending habits have an area of the game to have fun. some 4 stars have skills that 5’s dont which is smart and adding emblems has led to lot more rosters to combat in raids instead of the same cookie cutter builds everyday.

There are three tiers for every event and you have stated several times that you only compete in the 5* yet dont do the 3 or 4* because you dont want to.

im a competive gamer that likes team oriented things. i make in house competitions on all kinds of events from total war points between groups of players teams up, to highest final score in each tier of events. all of this gets my players in my alliance to learn to fully use their rosters.

This of course leads to better titan hits, less missed clean ups in wars, etc. which not only boosts my players moral, all players in our alliance benefit from knowing everyone can help to get to the places necessary to compete to get the items you need to level your 5 stars.

i saw nothing wrong with a 4 star only event knowing that each week will showcase a different rule and restriction, i did howeever not enjoy the way the loot was sent out due to early knowledge in day 1 that the whole tournament was bugged.

I get you feel like you paid for your 5’s so you can use them wherever you want to. Buy a Ferrari and go 120 and when u get pulled over tell the cop i bought this ferrari so i can drive as fast as i want. let me know how that works out.

The one thing i learned in my year with Empires is patience and to be humble. some of my allaince members have helped me not only be a better person herein game, but to start looking at the world at large around me with a different eye.

just cause these guys cant or choose not to purchase heroes doesnt mean they should be limited in ways to have fun and you are kinda shaming players who do have 5’s because, sorry man, but most of us dont think like this at all and the ones that do shame on you.

HOWEVER i fully agree with your sentiment about titan and war loot. titan loot shouldnt just go by tier and war loot should have bonus for team flips and why have a scoreboards with no bonus items chance for winning team?

things to encourage more teamwork with good payouts is whats missing. People need more incentive to stay in an alliance and work together than what is currently offered.

1 Like

it costs 500 emblems to fully cap a 4 star
it costs 1500 emblems to fully cap a 5 star
i will bring my 9 emblemed hansel and gretel against any level 2 5 star you have lol.

1 Like

That’s true, it takes way too many emblems for 5 stars compare to 4 stars for same effect, this feels like an imbalance issue.

Completely agree, this is what we do here at the forum, everyone voice their opinions to help the game get better.

1 Like

Kiril, Boldtusk, pulverizers, Jackal, Wilbur, etc… Way better maxed than many 3/70 5-stars, especially the regular ones.
Would you prefer 3/70 Thorne or maxed Grimm in battle?

I’m not too concerned about the tournament tbh. Yes it’s wonky, but it’s a new feature and I think that’s to be expected. I honestly don’t care that newer players are getting better loot, what I do care is that fact that the game should not be so imbalanced that the current game mechanics are not rewarding on the same level.

For example, to fill up a titan chest, you need approx 30 people to kill a titan and you need to do this 5 times. That amount of effort should be rewarded with some sort of ascension mat considering majority of actual titan loot is disappointing.

I don’t even want to talk about the war loot. Putting in a coordinated effort to push for over 5k in points should warrant more than some rope and rocks. Honestly SGG, give me a break here.

TLDR; Give us better loot for tasks that require team effort and coordination.

5 Likes