Wang Yuanji or Gullinbursti or Griffin?

thought i had my mind made up… u make great points sir… i was testing @Gargon the theory of no rainbows… and went straight mono… all colors were successfull… but yellow i needed a hitter so bad… choa just wasnt it… if i did have the emblems I’d probably go gulli seems like a fan favorite but no emblems… even titans no hero has over 900att… emblems only for wang or griffin

What about ppl saying hes a little squishy

1 Like

Those people are absolutely right. Most hitters, especially at epic level, you’re trading something for that big hit. He is a rogue, so evade will help. I don’t know your full emblem and LB status, but here is my Griffin and battle pig to get you an idea:

I love both heroes. Wang is likely good too, I just don’t have her. You are correct in that Chao is not a hitter.

Good luck!

:beers:

1 Like

haha good for you! Going the other extreme :smiley:

Well maybe in the end you´ll settle somewhere in the middle, of course it is always a compromise between getting mana with every move (rainbow), but low power and getting mana 20% of the time (mono) with huge power… It´s a sliding scale and there isn´t a wrong place to be.
But if you like the mono version, you could take a small step back and try 4-1(with a off colour healer to hopefully give you the few extra turns to get your main colour going.
I personally believe 3 heroes in a colour should be able to at least cripple the enemy enough to make the rest of the match easy, which means you can use 2 heroes to make sure your 3 main ones survive long enough to do their job. Mono always seems overkill. Sure if you get charged you have fun totally destroying the other side, but usually you do way more damage than you need to. But often enough you don´t get the one colour you need and then you just die without a single special fired. It´s more for the RNG lovers and gamblers out there :slight_smile:
Another argument against Mono is troops, most of us just don´t have 5 highly upgraded troops in each colour, If you have 1 troops only 3-1-1 is good as you get to use at least 3 strong troops, if you have 2 good troops in each colour 3-2 or 3-1-1 lets you use 4 of them. In the long run it´s good to have 3 mana troops, but luckily if you are using S1 costumes you often only need a lvl 1 Mana troop to speed them up, which makes it a lot easier.

I always sit there trying to puzzle theoretical pieces (can´t upgrade them all instantly) into teams lol. I have had a Griffin lying around as well as a jackal (that one is one to get anyway of course, I just always found another fun project to do first). But I though those 2 would go well together, To snipers (one very fast, one fast), a hard hit on top of a EDD, should do well at least in 4 star world, but I kinda want my teams to be useful in wars as well where I have to kill 5 stars usually. And I am just not convinced those two will kill a 5 star… So they´d be either a 2-2-1 part or I´d add a 3rd yellow either a supporter or another yellow hitter to finish the job… but I just didn´t feel like it was perfect :wink:

I finally got Mist last Valhalla (the one season 3 hero I really wanted and never got so far), so now I have another puzzle piece to play with and decided on a new long term goal: Mist (lower skill defense, small damage), Guardian Jackal (lower yellow defense, sniper hit through lowered defense) should take most enemies to rather low health, Bellerive (big hit + splash damage).
Bellerive is less optimal in terms of speed (only average) but the splash damage seems too much fun to ignore, so now Griffin is on the bench again :frowning: Well if Bellerive doesn´t work out the way I want… Well I´ll tell you around Christmas when I have them all upgraded :wink: