W3K start timing

Dear devs, looks like W3T starts tomorrow with +7 hours time lag.

Is this intentional?

Time zone on screenshot is +3 GMT.

Well, not necessarily a bug but the Calendar of Events for July 2022 :spiral_calendar: is indeed unclear and not complete.
It says W3K now starts at 7am UTC like the other events but it doesn’t detail all the phases. The calendar is not wrong as the event and its summoning portal actually opened at the given time but the announcement never said the preparation phase should start exactly 24 hours after and the battle 48 hours after.
This timing change also certainly explains why Cao Cao wasn’t in the portal at first, they certainly programmed his appearance with the previous event timing before they fixed it.

It was always this way, the W3K war phase started 24 hrs after warband was created and matched. Only the lag was smaller.
But it may cause some problems, as the end of war phase is, AFAIR, not delayed.

@PlayForFun can you at least notify staff to make sure that it won’t bug out at the W3K closure phase?

1 Like

Yeap, the whole idea is to get official comments.

If it works as intended - it’s OK.
Confusing, but generally OK.

Warband creating is complete

But @Petri I am still confused

Earlier all Phases are started/ended at the same time of the day:
kép

Now the event is started at 07:00UTC on Monday, and scheduled to end at 07:00 UTC on Saturday based on July calendar announcement.

The signup phase ended 07:00 UTC today (Tuesday)
Now the preparation phase whould end on 2:30 PM UTC tomorrow (Wednesday) ???

Is this right @Petri ?

Or this phase should be on 07:00 UTC on Wednesday ?

If the phases are now shifted can you tell us the schedule ?
Will it be always like this ?

(I have raised Staff’s attention to these questions in PM too)

3 Likes

Hi, yesterday there was a scheduling issue that caused the preparation phase to start later than intended. This won’t affect the duration of the preparation phase or the war, which means this month’s War of Three Kingdoms will end later than expected. My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this!

3 Likes

Thx Petri,

(Ps: I have received a notification about a hour ago, which told me the War of the 3 Kingdoms Battle phase started, but it is not, as there is about 7 more hours remaining until it)

1 Like

One more thing @Petri

I still see that portal will close at Saturday 7:00 UTC

This would mean that the final phase of War will end as planned ?

So we will have less time to use the coin rewards ?

We have released a new announcement on this issue:

Due to a technical issue on July 19, matchmaking for the War of the Three Kingdoms event suffered a delay and started several hours behind schedule. As a result, this month’s Three Kingdoms War will NOT start and end at 07:00 UTC sharp (as originally planned), but rather at a certain time roughly around 15:00 UTC.

To know precisely when your Warband’s Skirmish will start and end, please check the countdown timer next to the Three Kingdoms War icon in your ‘EVENTS/Quests’ map.

Please also note the following:

• Unlike previous Three Kingdoms Wars, this War will not start and end at exactly the same time for all players, as start and end times for the event will slightly differ between different Skirmishes. Of course, players placed in the same Skirmish will still see the exact same start and end times.

• War Phase will last 48 hours as usual, regardless of when your Skirmish started.

• Rewards will also be calculated and awarded as usual, regardless of when your Skirmish started.

• The “aftermath” display (event results view) and Three Kingdoms Summon Gate will close according to the original schedule, at 2022-07-22, 07:00 UTC.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your understanding. Best of luck in your Skirmish!

6 Likes

Thank you for the detailed answer.

2 Likes

That’s the kind of detailed announcements we like to see. Thank you. No more pending questions, everything cleared out. :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.