♾ [VOTING FOR TOP 5!] The Thanos Challenge – A Competition of Skill & Creativity

Semifinalist #5: @_John_Doe

A Season 2:17 Atlantis Hard mode heart in the fog

Our assessment:

Beautiful design, with nice core symmetry. All colors are represented with gems, and there are 7 gems overall.

No full-board destruct appears possible.

Click for additional screenshots

Keep scrolling for more entries

=> Click here to jump to the Voting Poll

7 Likes

Semifinalist #6: @Horund

An Avalon Legendary stage 7 boss fight with a dragon and diamond T

Our assessment:

The configuration is beautiful, with dragons on the ends of the diamond arms. The speed of production is quite impressive too (4:40 into the fight). All colors are represented by gems.

Good destruction from popping the purple or red diamond, but no full board clear from either.

9 Likes

Semifinalist #7: @Leia

A Season 2:26-8 Hard mode fight with a 2-2-1 team

Our assessment:

This is a fun “big dipper like” constellation of gems and dragons, with plenty of dragons along for the ride. All colors are represented with gems (as well as 4 colors in dragons), with 7 gems and 5 dragons.

Good destruction potential, with multiple options, and a nice video of the board clear.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pXTvq0nr5lQlGXAX2Apd7r7bnwW3DmdE/view?usp=drivesdk

4 Likes

Semifinalist #8: @SirGorash

A Season 1 8-7 entry with a 1* team

Our assessment:

The 1* rainbow team on 8-7 makes this entry really fun and unique. All colors are represented with gems.

No full board destruction is possible.

4 Likes

Entry #9: @SirGorash

The dragons of Shrikewood

Our assessment:

ZOMG Dragons. That’s a LOT of dragons. 11 to be precise. Quite a feat in and of itself, but the configuration is also really fun. It looks like a flagpole and flag made out of dragons.

No full board destruction is possible.

7 Likes

Semifinalist #10: @madmarv

Ursena Boss Fight from Season 2 with a symmetric gem Y

Our assessment:

The scenario is quite challenging to begin with, and the symmetric Y configuration is just beautiful. This has a lot of wow factor. All colors are represented by gems, and there are 7 gems.

No full board destruct appears possible.

Screenshot_2019-05-19-00-05-22

Keep scrolling for poll

7 Likes

:ballot_box: TIME TO VOTE FOR 5 WINNERS!

Be sure to review all entries above, and then you can vote for your favorite 5 out of 10!

Ask for opinions down below in the comments, or try to convince your peers to support your favorites!

Click Here for the Contest Rules

:clipboard: Index of the Entries

| Number | Poster | Description (Click to View Entry) |
|—|—|—|—|
| 1 | @VTmoon | A Season 1:12-9 entry by a new player working the storyline. |
| 2 | @Radar1 | An Atlantis Ursena fight on Hard mode. |
| 3 | @DaMage | A raid gauntlet with four finger and a thumb in claw position
| 4 | @Buddhaman42 | A raid with a 5* team, almost at its conclusion |
| 5 | @_John_Doe | A Season 2:17 Atlantis Hard mode heart in the fog |
| 6 | @Horund | An Avalon Legendary stage 7 boss fight with a dragon and diamond T |
| 7 | @Leia | A Season 2:26-8 Hard mode fight with a 2-2-1 team |
| 8 | @SirGorash | A Season 1 8-7 entry with a 1* team |
| 9 | @SirGorash | The dragons of Shrikewood |
| 10 | @madmarv | Ursena Boss Fight from Season 2 with a symmetric diamond Y |

:thinking: Change your mind?

If you make a mistake or someone convinces you to change your mind, then you can change your vote before the polls close.

Click the image button below a poll that you’ve voted on to switch back to voting mode.

:white_check_mark: Ready to pick your Favorite 5? Here we go!

Pick your favorite 5 out of 10, and bring balance to the universe!

0 voters

Be sure to vote for your favorite 5!

Poll closes: 2019-06-23T17:00:00Z

4 Likes

END OF ENTRIES AND POLLS, DISCUSSION BEGINS BELOW

Share which are your favorites and why, and convince others to vote for your favorites!

9 Likes

I really like “T” and “Y” setups, also 11 dragons are awesome, it must was hard to not destroy them by one click.
But my favorite is number 3, 2 Natalyas vs 2 GM looks really funny + gems and dragons making perfect “T” in the middle.
Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Firstly, congratulations to all the semi finalists - this is going to be a tough one to call.

Good luck!

7 Likes

Good luck to all! :partying_face:

8 Likes

I like semifinalists 8 and 9 but that’s just me :joy: :sweat_smile:

Bad jokes aside, thanks Zephyr and Garanwyn for all the hard work in putting this challenge together. I hope there are more challenges like this in the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was excited to see the new player entry in #1, and the 1* team in #8 amongst the entries — I hope others will appreciate those efforts as well, even with less bling.

Very few entries made use of the “creative heroes” criteria.

8 Likes

Thx @zephyr1 and @Garanwyn. :slight_smile:
Lets not forget @RakeJay :wink:

imo, this is best scenario >

Combo1

Combo2

Combo3

5 Likes

They are all so pretty, it’s hard for me to choose.

5 Likes

Do we just type who we vote for?

2 Likes

No, there’s a poll after all of the entries. It’s also linked from every post with an entry for easy reference.

3 Likes

Good luck to all the semi finalists!! Choosing was tough. I went for utility, hero choice and position and how nicely the diamonds appeared :wink:

3 Likes

I’m just happy I was able to represent the lowbies, even if I don’t survive the snap, I will be happy in the Soul Stone!

8 Likes