♾ [VOTING FOR TOP 5!] The Thanos Challenge – A Competition of Skill & Creativity

They are all so pretty, it’s hard for me to choose.

5 Likes

Do we just type who we vote for?

2 Likes

No, there’s a poll after all of the entries. It’s also linked from every post with an entry for easy reference.

3 Likes

Good luck to all the semi finalists!! Choosing was tough. I went for utility, hero choice and position and how nicely the diamonds appeared :wink:

3 Likes

I’m just happy I was able to represent the lowbies, even if I don’t survive the snap, I will be happy in the Soul Stone!

8 Likes

Lmao @princess1, that’s what gave me the hardest time deciding after I got past the other qualifiers :joy:

4 Likes

Ooooh I made it in! So exciting! Good luck everyone.

I’m obviously very biased :rofl: and having never seen a ENTIRE SCREEN go POOF before I enjoyed my entry fully. I was one Dragon :upside_down_face: away from having Diamonds & Dragons of all colors!!

Tap the Purple Dragon and away weeee goooo!

Plus it was 2:26 8 HARD mode…no easy task to stay alive to build that board.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

It’s a hard choice to vote for only 5 but Thanos is a demanding taskmaster.

Good luck all!

6 Likes

Vote for all those dragons! We all know dragons eat diamonds for lunch.

:gem: :dragon_face:

4 Likes

The dragon one is the toughest to get I think…and looks cool. Winner!

2 Likes

Don’t forget to pick your other favorite 4 too! :slight_smile:

I went for uniqueness and aesthetic appeal. The 11 dragons for sure. So hard to do without triggering them. Also the 7 versus Ursena in a T.

2 Likes

Oh I did…there are some great ones in there.

1 Like

You should have said it’s shaped like an axe to get some extra attention like that heart one did…because it’s totally an axe.

3 Likes

That does seem appropriate for Shrikewood!

1 Like

That one is tough! So hard to get the top lines full…whether it be Dragons oR Diamonds or BOTH (hint hint)! :rofl:

I was trying my hardest to get things symmetrical but of course I ran out of available moves before I could get there.

Again…so many great entries & lots of difficulty to judge. Good luck y’all!

1 Like

It does look like an axe! Nice!

Can I say I was working on a double edged Katana to behead Gaderius for mine??? :rofl:

1 Like

I guess a dragon axe sounds more impressive than a dragon flag, lol. Your first screenshot looks a bit like a key to me :wink:

To be honest I had to explode a few diamonds and a lot of dragons to complete the first line. I was going for 2 lines but I ran out of moves. Dragons started stacking and I couldn’t explode any more tiles without destroying the whole thing. It was very difficult :confused:

3 Likes

Man, no love for simplicity. It’s the Thanos challenge, not the dragon axe challenge! Exactly 6 stones with one press (snap) to wipe the board. Doesn’t get more Thanos than that! :rofl:

Joking…that dragon axe is incredible and if I weren’t biased that would be my number one vote, haha. Thanks to @Garanwyn and other mods for the hard work judging.

4 Likes

My favorite entry is #9, absolutely insane.

3 Likes

Since I didn’t vote for anyone currently in the top 3 I guess I have to try the option to convince others to vote for my favorites :stuck_out_tongue:

Voted for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 so will go through all entries to explain my reasoning.

#1: I like that it’s a new player so there’s some difficulty here. I also like full board clears and this one has it. The shape is also pretty nice, a T plus a distracting yellow diamond. Would have been my clear winner if the yellow diamond had switched places with the yellow shield on top of the blue diamond. Would still have cleared all original tiles on the board.

#2: It is the hardest map fight and I do like that it’s done with 4’s instead of an all star line up. Slightly messy configuration but all the diamonds are together and it’s a board clear.

#3: A clean T and in a raid, also done with no healers and 3 greens against two gravemakers so had to do it fast. Full clear, may be my favorite.

#4: It’s the Thanos challenge so I like this because it’s the one most shaped like a glove and bonus both for raid and that half of all heroes are gone already (closed fist, the deed is done). And it actually IS a full board clear, just in 3 steps. First all but blue and red. Then blue goes off and it’s a pity there’s no red diamond but the 3 remaining red shields will land next to each other and go off too. Would have been a perfect entry if the dragon had been yellow and all stones one diamond each.

#5: The placement is a little too random, I wouldn’t have recognized a heart shape if it hadn’t been pointed out so the marketing for this entry is better than the actual achievement. Since there’s no board clear I count this as the next weakest entry.

#6: First when I saw it I really liked it because of the time played and the nice T. I understand why it’s in the lead from an aesthetic point of view since it also pops out more because of the dark background. However it is NOT a board clear despite the assessment telling that it is. The red dragon destroys the yellow shield that is needed to do it.

#7: The highest amount of special tiles in this tournament. Would have won some kind of destruction tournament. Maybe not perfect for a Thanos challenge but take a look at that board again. 12 diamonds/dragons. Popping any of them except the red diamond will clear the board. There’s also 7 (if I didn’t miss any) moves that will clear it. Must have been hard to do the last moves.

#8: While it’s fun that it’s 1* heroes it’s missing any sort of wow factor. Random placement, lowest amount of special tiles entered and no board clear. Weakest entry.

#9: May have been the hardest to accomplish, this one or #7. However there’s no diamonds. Since it’s the Thanos challenge I really see the diamonds as infinity stones. I would have voted for this if it had been in a contest involving dragons (Game of Thrones theme?). No board clear.

#10: Also benefits from the dark background. I voted for another Ursena battle already though and the difference here is more optimal heroes and no board clear so it loses points because of that.

So go and vote but if you vote for T shapes go for the hardest setting to achieve it in (raid) that also clears the board, #3.

3 Likes