🆚 Voidstrike Paradox and other Forumite Eponymous Laws

Occam’s Razor
Murphy’s Law
Asimov’s 3 Laws of Robotics

Voidstrike’s Paradox
or Law or Fallacy or Toothbrush

I’d like to create one and use it to explain commonly repeated occurrences in the forum:

“Hey, I stacked Fire and my board had only 3 fire shields no where near each other”
“Welp
Voidstrike’s paradox in action”

“Hey I keep getting Mystic rings but no Fire heroes to use them on”
“I guess Voidstrike’s Law continues wreak havoc on the community”

“I keep looking at money spent on a form of entertainment as an investment and invest a sum that would cause me to rage on a community forum”
“Voidstrike’s Toothbrush strikes again! Damn you!”

Obviously a pantless (no pants) law is the easy answer and welcome here but just wanted to engage in shenanigans!

There are other clear indisputable principles that would exist like @Math4lyfe 's principle of obscure tangents: if Math4lyfe can insert an off-topic remark it shall be inserted.

Will add more as they get community support (high like suggestions shall get into this post under edit 1: as the community gets creative)

Tagging shenaniganners (omission of shenaniganers in initial list is only due to the tag limit): @JonahTheBard @TGW @Sarah2 @FrenziedEye @Guvnor @Rook @Disposable @AncientPirate1

21 Likes

You forgot the @tgw convention on debate. Pick the side that will offend the most people argue for that side.

12 Likes

Now I’m gonna think of this phrase every time I get a bad board.
Murphy’s Law = @voidstrike’s Paradox
:joy:

10 Likes

Woah! Careful with such powerful weapons :rofl:!

6 Likes

Have you ever heard of Cole’s Law?

It’s shredded Cabbage and Mayo.

18 Likes

This is the content this thread was designed for
gold star post :star2: @Chadmo

@Novo that’s what I do
bring chaos, confusion, sadness, joy and a myriad of incongruent emotions together.

@Sarah2 toothbrush was just a jumping off point
it could be Voidstrike’s sanitizer dispenser, beard trimmer, toilet paper (for the most precious of laws)
the possibilities are Ì·eÌ·nÌ·dÌ·lÌ·eÌ·sÌ·sÌ· probably 3-5 days worth of comedy before this thread dies and goes to forum heaven (or hell depending on how y’all evolve this)

10 Likes

Sounds like my average day.

6 Likes

These two words together make me feel uncomfortable. Like the blending of philosophy and science.

6 Likes

@Guvnor and @littleKAF ‘s Rule of Zero.

When @Sarah2 @PM229 @PlayForFun and others
 get close to a multiple of 20, thou shalt be reset.

13 Likes

That’s just mean.

Get it? Mean
 like average
 oof. :woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

I had to laugh so hard when I read this. :rofl: Hilarious!

also @voidstrike thanks for this thread! such a delight between all that crazyness going on on the forum right now

5 Likes

Yes, see what happened today:

kép

4 Likes

For a brief moment my post was above his, and after that they suddenly switched :frowning:

4 Likes

It’s the power of the moderator I tell ya!

6 Likes

That’s my go to joke when someone mentions “Murphy’s Law”.

2 Likes

I wrote a very nice post before 19 about them:

kép

But Kaffy still did the reset :frowning:

4 Likes

Law of Likes

If @Saphirra @sleepyhead @voidstrike and @sft1965 (and many others) are posting, you will run out of likes.

Hmm
 maybe this doesn’t fit the criteria of the OP. Oh well. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Maybe something more like:

Doctrine of Likes-Out of Likes deficiency for the Common Forumite:
If certain frequent forumites post content on the forum it shall be met with a disproportionate amount of likes used which shall consistently result in like deficiency for the common forumite.
Addendum: moderators with infinite likes are exempt from the consequences of this doctrine.

Edit: There is something that shall be made for your propensity for math jokes when available.

5 Likes

Yeah
 too wordy for my likes.

but I’ll still give you one.

4 Likes

so basically you’re saying we have 2 groups
the Likes and Like Nots?

4 Likes