Vivica or Drake Fong

Hi! This is my first time posting and I just want your advice.

I’ve been waiting for like three months for a 4-5* yellow hero. Two days ago I finally got Vivica at TC20. I started leveling her up until 1/45. The thing is today I pulled for an event hero (just in case) and I got a Greymane and Drake. So what should I do? Do I start with Drake or continue leveling Vivica? I find Vivica’s defense buff and cleanse quite useful, but I’m aware that I lack of hitters

My usual team is all maxed:

Sabina-Gormek-Kashhrek-Boril-Li Xiu

And I’m currently leveling up:
3/50 gravemaker, 3/13 caedmon and 4/29 Skittle

Also I’m thinking about starting to level up my 1/1 Tiburtus.

Thank you

I think that’s going to come down more to a personal decision as they’re totally different characters. I’m personally more excited about Event/HotM heroes, myself. Drake’s FAST special is more appealing to me than Vivica’s SLOW mana, but they both serve a purpose. I’d probably choose Drake.

Either will be an improvement over Li Xiu.

I agree that you’re currently lacking hitters, although you’re remedying that with GM and Caedmon coming up the path.

I’d probably still go Drake, at this point. Sabina is an excellent hitter and when lined up with maxed Kashrek and Boril that should be enough defense to slow everyone down.

I personally have Vivica and like her a lot, but I don’t have a fast Yellow 5*, either.

Drake is a fast potent hitter - If you want cups and hit hard go with Drake. I have Vivica too, and she is a bad defense hero - Drake is good for defense and offense.

I think you’re better off with Drake, you need a fast hitter vs another healer.

Definitely a personal choice.

With Vivica you can run
Caedmon - Tiburtus - Boril - Gravemaker - Vivica

With Drake you can run
Sabina - Boril - Kashrek - Gravemaker - Drake

They’re both good teams.

Another point: 5* hitters like Drake are amazing when maxed. If you lack the darts for his final ascension, he is considerably less impressive stuck at 3/70; there are many 4* heroes that are as good or better at 4/70.

Healers like Viv will have a special skill that heals fully as soon as she hits 8/8. She will be better at 4/80, but should be very useful at 3/70.

Ultimately they are both worth ascending, but this might help you prioritize.

I’m using this topic :slight_smile:

I have Delilah, BT and Rigard as healers. (only Rigard not maxed out completely)

I have Sartana, GM, Zeline , Magni and Marjana at tier 4.

I can bring next hero to tier4. Will that be Vivica, Drake or Rana? (Rana is good in Raids and at defence and if i look at 7dd’s she’s A on both) . Who can give advice on either Vivica, Rana or Drake at 4?
Considering this topic i might leave Vivica at 3-70 and it’s Rana or drake?

I agree, I believe your choices should be between Drake and Rana. Vivica is a strong offensive healer (also great on high Titans) but if you already have maxed Delilah I would shy away from another yellow healer.
I think both Rana and Drake are on equal footing but I have minimal raiding experience with Rana… So take what you will.
I do think it’s obvious that Drake would be better on Titans, while Rana can be better in raids vs healers and burning through armor. Drake has stronger utility while Rana has niche utility but higher overall damage, but over time. Also Fast VS Average speed. Do you have a yellow Mana troop at lvl 23? That brings a lot of strength to average heroes when they go down to 9 tiles.
Hopefully this helps you make a decision :sweat_smile:

Just the place for a Snark! I have said it once

Lol. I don’t have 4* yellow troops… I’m having 2-3 of each color except for yellow… I have a 3-14 yellow mana…
(But i’m having a red mana 4* soon to go tier 11 with my GM so i’m not complaining)

Depends on whether you are looking for defense or offense.
As 2Spookd mentioned, Vivicar is great for offense but you already have a Delilah.
I would prefer Drake for defense and Rana for offense. I have both but Rana at 3/70. Drake is more versatile and is fast speed. Offense is easier to obtain compared to defense.

Don’t get me wrong, when Rana launches her special, it is totally devastating. Still usable at 3/70 for offense to a certain level.

M conclusion: Drake