Visual issue with Wu Kong's special ("miss" text)

Yeah, even if a fix+nerf would/should result in some sort of general, big picture status quo, it would give circumstantial (situational?) differences as the max/min damage would most likely even out somewhat. You would maybe lose a tiny fraction of those borderline out-of-the-blue kills, and would get a slightly higher chance of killing low HP enemies in some situations.

But/and who knows what unforseen consequences we would get.

But it’s still a sub-optimal implementation, if this is the case. Just saying. I find it disturbing. wants to fiddle

1 Like

On the whole, I’d prefer they fix the mechanic… especially if it impacts ALL blindness as you suggest. You need to start on the basis of the mechanic working and being consistent, and then assess relative hero power from there… as opposed to saying ‘well this hero doesn’t need any adjustment because some other bug is scaling it back nicely’. :wink:

I’m inclined to think it’s not intended. @Petri did ask for video evidence earlier in this thread… not a response you’re likely to get if it’s working as intended.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed report & videos, we’ll look into this!

Edit: We had a brief discussion about this here, it seems this is visual issue. The special itself should be working as intended - just the game doesn’t display the “miss” text twice. We’ll look into fixing the text.

5 Likes

Thanks @Petri because I have the same problem with Wu too…and it seems that he misses more than before.

Good to know you’ll look into it!

But I’m not sure this is just a display issue. It might just be a display issue if the accuracy debuff is working as intended = every tiles following a tile that miss is supposed to miss. Is this how the mechanic is supposed to work?

And/or maybe if the graphical feedback isn’t representative of in which order tiles are hitting/missing.

Oh ffs, just shut up now Ornery… :smiley:

Thanks for responding, @Petri

I’m not convinced it is just a display issue. From what I’ve observed of the video, and from what testing I’ve done, it appears that when there is a miss on a vertical strike, then all subsequent strikes will miss. Sure, it’s a display issue that the ‘miss’ text doesn’t appear, but it’s also an issue that all subsequent are ALWAYS a miss, instead of only every third or so subsequent tile in that string missing. This is borne out by the score.

I think it may take a bit more testing, but will check again to see if I can spot any exceptions. (It may be that my observed sample set was too small and the subsequent misses I observed were all coincidental). If we can see that on every case one of the leading tiles on a vertical string misses that there is no further damage dealt by that string then we can be more confident that it’s not just display and that the mechanic has a bug for vertical strikes.

I’ll check some more tomorrow when my world energy recovers and will post back.

@Ornery: Your feedback and points have been good and well made… really you don’t need to tell yourself to shut up. :smile:

4 Likes

Ok, that was simple.

Managed to scrape together enough world energy for further tests, and noticed a couple of cases where there was a subsequent hit registered on a vertical run after an initial miss.
Any misses following the initial miss would not display the ‘miss’ text, but if there is a subsequent hit, the damage text does show, and the damage is deducted.

Was freaky that it happened to work out in my initial test (and in the posted video) that the first miss was followed by all subsequent misses. I observed about 3 during my initial test.

Apologies for the false alarm, @Petri… does look like just a visual thing after all. :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: In Game Translations for Foreign Languages - Please add your suggestions

This is interesting, as I didn’t either see this occur in my tests. Sure - in some cases it’s actually a bit hard to see in which order the graphical info pop up, but…

Did you test this before or after the micro-patch released yesterday? :thinking:

I found a posting error. :wink:

Dont nerf the attackkkkkkk

1 Like

I’m glad this is just a visual issue. Imagine trying for only horizontal matches in a Titan fight or timed event!

The timing is awkward… I’m pretty sure I saw it consistently missing for vertical after the first miss on each time I tried. I noticed the subsequent hits in vertical strikes after the patch.

Soooo… either we were both a victim of quite extreme circumstance (along with the OP) in consistently getting strings of misses on vertical strikes whenever the first tile missed until I chose to check again…
or…
There was a fix in a micro patch and my subsequent testing then showed the hits (but the miss text is still not shown).

We’ll let Occam decide on this one. :thinking:

Either way, it’s working now (except for the visual flaw of the ‘miss’ text not being presented), so I’m good.