Viability of a 3-2 purple-yellow defense team

Ok, well I’d suggest that if you went Grimm, - Domitia - Onatel - Thorne - Melendor or something similar, that would be pretty effective.

I think you really need 5* across the board to stay in diamond comfortably, with a few exceptions for heavy duty 4* with a lot of emblems (Boldtusk, kasshrek or Boril).

2 Likes

Hmm. Maybe this argues in favor of giving the darts to Poseidon, then. I don’t know when/if I’ll get to the point of across-the-board 5-stars. I should have the mats to max Domitia, Thorne, and Onatel or Poseidon by the end of June, but based on what I’ve read about Thorne, I’m not even sure I want to use the scopes on him. (Is there a more sure-fire way to draw Magni or Isarnia than giving all your scopes to Thorne?) If staying even on the low end of diamond is a pipe dream with my current lineup, then maybe I just need to let Onatel do what she does (control mana, win events) at 3^70 and max Poseidon for a top-notch sniper.

Should I be thinking about putting Thorne on the back burner for Boril, then? Both are at 1^1 while I finish Sonya. I have some cleric emblems to give Boril (as soon as I reset them from Hawkmoon+19!).

Thorne got a buffed and although he’s still unpopular, as a F2P player, I use him everyday.

In a year of play, he’s my only blue hitter until I got Sonya last week!

So, many people would say wait it out, but he’s decent on defence in my humble opinion.

But emblems have also made Boril more relevant as his talent can stop his riposte being dispelled.

So difficult call!

Personally, Thorne has the stats on his side, despite the lack of effects.

2 Likes

This is good to know. I had planned to at least take him to 2^60, which would put him on my paladin class trials teams (yeah, my paladins right now are Sonya and the misfits!), and see how I like him from there. I really like his aesthetic. (If you can’t love a giant icy-blue broadsword, do you even fantasy, bro?) And “Icecold Finisher” just has an awesome ring to it. If I have enough capes, maybe I’ll take him to 3^70, at least. Unless Kiril shows up.

Oh, yikes. I hadn’t thought of that. Dang it; now I’m waffling on my next blue project, too! This is going in the wrong direction! :laughing: My alliance mate is getting ready to ascend Boril to his last level. Maybe I’ll pick his brain a little bit.

For point of ref my current def team is as follows

Misandra +4 rigs +18 onatel +4 dom +5 grimm +14

I comfortably stay in diamond every day, yes my 4hero’s have plenty of emblems, as do my 5.

My point being don’t be scared of having 4* or a 2 2 1 def, it forces a particular stack, in my case dark and nature or holy and nature. As with most defs if they get a bad board I win, good board I lose and average board its a 50/50

I am currently lvling ariel and marj to replace rigs and grimm. Sometimes you just got to use what you have
:blush:

2 Likes

Reflect damage is more attacking in my opinion.

This is an interesting thread of Diamond defense team ( huh. It also includes Onatel )

(Time to make my Diamond push? - #27 by Gryphonknight)

1 Like

Speaking on Holy heroes and who to max first I have Onatel, Vivica, and Poseidon all at 3^40 ish. Who would be best to take all the way? (Dedicated healer’s, I have Viv, Melendor and Rigard) Sadly Rigard sits at 1^20 because I am leveling Panther and Proteus. Finally go them last Atlantis and challenge event. (Poseidon is my only sniper) (Onatel is my best tank hero) Onatel just seem most versatile. Mana controlling, Tanky, deals OK damage, and has elemental link heals.

You are in a very similar position to mine. As of this moment, my thinking is that Onatel’s versatility still makes her useful at 3^70, but Poseidon being a sniper means he needs to be fully leveled ('cause snipers gotta snipe). But I’m far from decided on that point. Taking Onatel to 4^80 means I can use emblems on her, since my other wizards are garbage. So does the jinx talent plus an attack path for emblems take “OK damage” to “pretty dang good damage” and give her the edge? So many questions. Still taking in all viewpoints and info until I get those last two elusive darts.

I have faced an Onatel tank plenty of times in platinum and lower diamond arena. She was quite tough to crack. So, I personally suggest her as a tank, flanked by Domitia. Provided that you don’t pull any legendary hero of ice element soon, Thorne is good enough for the other flank. Boril +emblem is another choice.
Perhaps, you should wait until the Atlantis is over. Who knows Richard, Magni or Alasie might come your way…

If I’m going to pull a legendary, I’d prefer the colors where I don’t even have one yet (green and red), but I’m not turning up my nose at any 5-star, except maybe Mok-Arr, who I would have no idea how to use properly.

I’m about half convinced to go with an emblemed Boril as a result of this thread. Less regret on using mats if it doesn’t work out. Still going to take Thorne to at least 2^60, though, and see how it goes. He may end up getting the scopes when it is all said and done.

Probably won’t have a choice on that. I won’t have the darts until then. I would love to be able to beat Atlantis hard before the portal opens. Would be able to do 10-11 pulls if I can. That should give me a chance at somebody decent. If not a 5-star, at least more members of the Atlantis family to pair with Poseidon.

Absolutely. With the 4 * heroes +emblems and a 3 70 Kunchen, I barely made it to diamond arena and end up back to 23xx - 21xx the next morning!
A set of three fully ascended 5 * will barely keep us in diamond arena. I’ve got a friend with fully ascended Lianna, Magni, Marjana, Sartana, Joon line up and he still going down to platinum on the bad day.
Perhaps, a more versatile heroes like Alberich, Ariel, Hel, Guin or MN is preferable.

I’ve given onatel +4 so far, going def attack when ever possible, she doesn’t suddenly start hitting hard, to be honest. It’s never going to be a major threat. But boosting her already impressive def stat certainly makes her more tanky. The class is certainly more beneficial to her over guin

I single pull on elementary summon usually doesn’t give better result. Unless the Lady Luck is smiling on us.
I did 20 elementary pulls in march chasing Lianna. All I got was crap and dupes. I am really unlucky when it comes to pulling legendary heroes.
Last month, Lianna just pop up from tc20.
You can’t go wrong with Boril +emblem. He will definately add more depth to your team esp in AW. I find out he is more fearsome than an emblem Kashhrek. But I’ve had Kashhrek to clear his riposte though.
Thorne is actually not that bad. He is quite useful in AW. I’ve got him at 3 70 but of course the ordinary Richard got the mats.

Don’t worry about the darts, 10 pulls at the Atlantis will entitle your for a bonus AM. RNG…ods knows…

@Noble_Weasel

Starting point is you only need to squeeze into Diamon to open the chest, it doesn’t matter what level you were while filling it, just what level you are when you OPEN it (so even if completed in Platinum if you open it in Diamond you get Diamond rewards).

At first it will be frustrating as you barely nudge your way into Diamond, gradually you will have higher high scores and higher low scores until eventually you stay in Diamond overnight.

You can get there and hold with some 4* in the line-up. I was still using Sabina as my healer when I finally stabilized in Diamond and Boril tanking (still tanking although now he is very effective at +10) , At the time only one 5* was maxed before I stabilized in Diamond, Sartana.

So a good combo of 4* with mostly leveled 5* can get you to the door and even a peek inside, that will boost the mats collection which will speed the leveling in a nice virtuous circle.

I LOVE Boril as a tank and this allows you the time to see if you pull another blue hero that you prefer to Thorne, if not, he is actually fairly tough with the recent buff. Not “THE BEST” but better than before and he hits hard. He can be flank to Onatel but I feel that leaves a side open without riposte and it just that little bit easier for the attacker.

Onatel - she is a good tank. She is not the one that strikes the most fear but and Onatel/Boril team will certainly keep you close to Diamond.

IF you take Onatel to final ascension it will be a long time before you start working on Poseidon so the question is, will Onatel work well enough at 3-70 while bringing Poseidon to 3-70 or would you prefer Onatel at 4-xx and Poseidon at 1-1?

Getting to Diamond is all about attacking and which combo will help you win a greater percentage of your attacking raids?

My opinion is that Onatel @ 3-70 + Boril 4-70 will keep you close enough to open the chest in Diamond and you will win more with Poseidon as an attacking option once he is in 3-xx ascension.

Your Defense Team:
Danza (?) - Sabina - Onatel - Boril - Gormek

I don’t like the color stacking on D but Sabina is better than Melendor based on your emblems, Grimm isn’t great on D, Danza maybe your best option or you could add Tibby (if you used Tibby, Boril tanks, Onatel flanks), I like him and his two good specials are great specials and if he is last Ewok standing then it is a bit all or nothing.

Other Option:
Sabina - Onatel - Boril - Tibby - Gormek

Either of those should keep you close, second option may be the better option.

The other reason to advocate for Onatel @ 3-70 plus Poseidon, class challenges and war, you need a deeper bench for those.

1 Like

I’ve also been toying with the idea of a 3-2 yellow purple stack…I know it isn’t the best idea but I like it…

Sartana - Poseidon - Kunchen - Delilah/Inari - Hel

Looks like fun except that I wouldn’t be able to watch it unless someone were kind enough to post a raid video. This is at least eight weeks away from being possible…

Hey, folks, how are we feeling about this strategy six months later? I’m always looking to switch up my defense team for :poop::poop: and :grin::grin:.

I’m currently sitting just under 2700 cups and I’m about to call it quits for the day.

My lineup is Hel+11 - Drake+11 - Ursena+12 - Neith+1 - Kage+3.

I’m gonna leave it overnight to see for myself how it does, but I’d like to get the conversation rolling again!

EDIT: Not even ten minutes after logging off, I was attacked three times, won all three, and came out +66 cups. I suspect Ursena is the key here, though I’d imagine a Kunchen tank would also fit well.

1 Like

I don’t see much issue with this defense unless you become a highly popular as a target.

1 Like

My opinion about a point many seems to ignore…
Dont forget that:
Troops have a signigicant role so if you want to repeat colours on your defense make sure you have enough strong troops to match thoose heroes of the same colour… otherwise its way better choose an hero of another colour with nice sinergy with the rest of your team…
Don’t forget about family bonus and talent of every hero choose the path wisely specially those heroes that have mana bonus node and think …

For me
There are no unbeatable defenses and trophys are the less importat thing in the game (just keep it above 2400 cups).
Is it worth focusing all my resouces in the defense team? For me NO…
The main source of AM are titans and chests … so focus on build titan teams first…
Focus on war team defense second…
Focus on a nice set of troops…
Focus on a team for every trials quest…

After you have toose you will have

1. Heroes to set a defense that keeps you easily above 2400 trophys
  2. Enough and balanced heroes that provide you 6 war teams
  3. A great set of heroes to compete for top 1-10% in every raid tournament

I ser many people focused on main defense team heroes and his talents and only 1 set of troops… and then when its titan/war/challenge events time… the have lots of dificulty to be competitive…

So on topic.
Any defense is viable depending on heroes sinergy/family/troops its all about your roster

2 Likes

You know what’s funny? I just switched up my defense team to something like what I discussed above maybe last week. Wow, has it been six months since I started thinking about this?

Anyway, the defense I’m currently rolling with is Melendor +20 - Poseidon +2 - Domitia +8 - Onatel +1 - Azlar 4^80. Not exactly what I proposed above, but still has the yellow-purple synergy. I’d like to try Onatel at tank as well, but I’d have to use an emblemed four-star purple as my other flank, where the Domitia tank gives me maxed five-star yellow flanks. I’m working on Sartana, but I only have three tabards at present.

So far, this defense seems to be working about as well as anything I’ve tried, including lineups with both Thorne 4^80 and Boril +6 at tank. I held in diamond overnight last night, only losing 3 cups and winning several revenge defenses. I think I’ll roll with it for now.

1 Like

I’ve only got the one night to go off of, but it performed about as well as any other defense team I’ve fielded. Won more than I lost, but of course those losses cost me more cups than I gained from the wins. I went from 2700+ down to 2534, which is pretty typical for me.

2 Likes