Veteran Watermarks or " Back in my day..."

I can’t go back too far but I do remember a time before Gravemaker. I remember first time I encountered him, was in AW. He literally wiped my team in one shot. I learned the hard way what he could do.

4 Likes

I remember E & P before there were HOTM’s.

6 Likes

This! ^^

I remember the sky before the dragon and ducks (no, kidding!)

I remember when there was only one 7DD alliance… :grin:

9 Likes

I remember when Raids had no tiers/arena :joy:

4 Likes

I remember begging for new avatars here in the forum.

6 Likes

I remember the days before JonahTheBard gathered all our game terms into the Fictionary. :grin:

8 Likes

tenor%20(4)

8 Likes

I believe that was even before the Matrix was built.

3 Likes

I remember waiting for the first ever Challenge Event and when elemental chests had 3 gold coins…

3 Likes

I remember when every pull netted a 5* hero, when every raid was a victory, when Titans were tougher and alliances were tighter, when players would bleed for each other and we played every event to the death.

8 Likes

@Brobb, all of my best memories include reading your forum posts.
Good to see you.

2 Likes

Hi @Brobb!!! :hugs:. I remember looking forward to coming to the forum to look for Brobb’s reasoned responses that had a remarkable chemical reaction with unreasonableness. It was one of the things that got me hooked. Endorphins!!! :popcorn: :bouquet:

3 Likes

I remember when I looked forward to reading Brobb’s acerbically witty replies on the forum every day…

3 Likes

I remember when Coppersky was everywhere, there was only one game chat, and game emojis did not exist… :grin:

4 Likes

I just found this thread. :slight_smile:

I remember when there were no 5* ascension mats in the game, and only 10 people could be in your alliance. Where global chat could usually be read back for a day or so and was the best place to learn how to play. As folks figured things out we’d share with each other and the new folks that also got hopelessly addicted. Only Canadians and Australians were in the game at the time.

7 Likes

A true legend steps out of the shadow :smiley:

3m3gvt

3 Likes

@Coppersky this is really really interesting! Do you have more stories and anecdotes about the very early days of E&P? Screenshots even? Would love to hear them and I’m sure others would too. :grin:

Here is my raid defence from June 2017, ranked 70th globally:

(No, I didn’t have a 4* purple hero. No, I have no idea why I would have arranged my heroes in that way.)

5 Likes

That’s not too bad… Gormek soaks up damage and hopefully bt and Mel keep healing him.
Fast snipers in the wings, with dispell on the left.
Apart from your double red, it’s pretty textbook

And I assume far fewer people could colour stack.

2 Likes

I remember when elemental chests were good. … When it was exciting to fill a titan chest…

But I also remember when we didn’t have alliance wars, and our only focus was on titan teams and defense so some of us (cough cough) ate 4* like candy.

Sigh… the old days weren’t universally better. Still think elemental chest loot should be restored to revamped glory with zero farmables.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings