Version 54 Release Notes & Status - Discussion

Agree…. The tournaments & Elemental chests mostly give out Silver or troop tokens….

Got 3 from the events….which felt like a rainfall :rofl::smiling_imp::grin::roll_eyes:

It will never happen cos there’s about 1m active players and all have their own opinions/game styles.

Each do what they must. Good enough, I think.

Competing in monthly challenge events is probably the most consistent and predictable way of getting EHTs. The reward outcome has no RNG bullshxt so you know what you will get. Rare top 10k and epic top 5k are very doable for C2P and F2P players.

Although seasonal portal has been the most unfriendly portal to me in the game. All I get are 2 Santa from over 300 pulls in the past 2 years since I start recorded my summon data. My luck from seasonal portal is just atrocious. That’s why I did not even bother to pull at Xmas portal this year - I don’t need a 3rd copy of Santa boy.

1 Like

Happy with the Quality of Life improvements, thank you :candle:

2 Likes

I assume we will see new heroes in the Springvale portal, following the trackrecord of 1: costumes for existing 2: new better heroes - which we have seen in Morlovia and Christmas

So saving EHT’s mostly for then me thinks

11 Likes

Didn´t they also have extra horrible odds for those 2 heroes? like 0.5% or something like that? So basically it´s a S1 only portal lol. Well unless you are a real big spender, in which case you buy the 2 new heroes of course.

Anyway I am pretty sure they´ll put something new and worthwhile into the Easter Portal, no whale is going to spend money on it as it is.

This is how it look like after the update:

Raid Formation was not visible earlier.

15 Likes

Do you usually aim for this? If so, how many times do you think you run each level to reach these scores?

Yup. I have been in top 10k rare and top 5k epic for every challenge event since Sep 2021 (Villain). First time I was in top 10k rare was July 2021 (Avalon).

On average, I spend 3-6 WE flasks per event to replay the stages to improve the score. Sometimes you get more lucky with the board and chest but other times less lucky.

It is much easier to get into top 10k rare and top 5k epic than top 1k legendary coz the P2P players don’t really have much advantage over the C2P and F2P players in terms of 3* and 4* roster.

IMO, key components to a competitive challenge event team is def down, elemental def down, shared damage for enemies, and hit-3/AoE. Do not field dispellers on the team (coz the dispellers will dispel the shared damage from the enemies). Snipers are fine but they are not efficient to kill the enemies quickly.

For rare, my go to team is Helo/Chick Jr./Nordri/Nordri/c.Gunnar. You have enemy shared damage, regular def down and elemental def down on the same team and 3 hit-3 hero. All of them are very obtainable heroes for most players. If the event is reflect blue, then I will switch to my green team Grevle/Goopy/Noril/Isshtak/Dölgöön. Again, all of them are very obtainable heroes. You have attack up, enemy shared damage and regular def down in this team. We don’t have a 3* elemental def down for green yet and I will for sure swapped him/her in if such hero is released in the future. I used to player around with my red team as well but not any more.

For epic, my go to team is Kiril/Jott/c.Grimm/Nordri/c.Gunnar. You have attack up, enemy shared damage, regular def down, elemental def down and tile damage increase on the same team. If this is a reflect blue, then I will field in my green team with Grevle/Jack O’Hare/Little John/Almur/Dölgöön. In this team, you have attack up, enemy shared damage, regular def down, elemental def down. I don’t have Franz, otherwise Franz will replace JOH or LJ given his damage amplification skill.

I also don’t have Wilbur, otherwise I will have a fire team for epic event as well with BT/Scarlett/Colen/g.Falcon/Wilbur.

It will take some practice but you will eventually get there. I think @Ruskin505 also shared his experience in how to get good scores on challenge event in the gargoyle event master topic last week. Basically it is about board management, use your mana pots wisely and carpet bombing at the right time. In most cases, boss wave enemy will die before they release any special, and in many occasions even before you make any actual moves.

6 Likes

timing aside, I have done the same thing @Andrewbook .

sometimes I use fewer WE flasks. lately I have been using more, the proliferation of heroes like Buster + the fact that shared damage (think C-Gunnar, Wilbur) is an important element of scoring high, has made it tougher for me (I’m still levelling Buster, and I lack Wilbur). but indeed, Epic/Rare are much more doable than Legendary :slight_smile:

part of the reason I need so many WE flasks? A bump in score of 1000 can already have a big impact on ranking. And I’ve been burned before, gone to sleep and woken up to see I’ve fallen outside top 10k/top 5k. so I always try to over-perform and leave a big enough buffer before bed… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Usually what I try to do is get into the top 50% of the tier I’m trying to achieve. For example, for top 10k Rare, that will mean being in top 5k to give a big safety margin. Not always achievable of course, but that buffer helps

3 Likes

it helps. Epic is most stressful of course, as the top 5k band is narrower than Rare’s top 10k band…

2 Likes

@PlayForFun The update description says that “Tapping it will select all Common (1*) and Uncommon (2*) Heroes that share the element of the Hero currently being leveled up”
But the auto button selects not only heroes 1* and 2*, but instructors 1* and 2*.
dear friend, could you check with the staff if it works as intended?

1 Like

I suspect “instuctor” means Trainer hero, right ?

1 Like

Yes, you got it exactly right

1 Like

Ok, I have a question about this feature from Staff yesterday.
I have extended that with this question too.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your strategy! I have yet to get to a place where chasing a higher score is fun for me. Re-running levels mostly seems like drudgery, but I could see where I might enjoy it if I could change my mindset. We’ll see. I have a firm policy of not doing things that are not fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Version 54 Release Notes & Status:

Not a fan of this
But thank you for everything else … :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not just you. After the 3rd flask I start to get annoyed :slight_smile: what helps me is spacing them out, and also using them to fill monster chest. I dread extensive replaying!

2 Likes